Carabao-Red Sun hops into the ring to challenge Thai beer titans Singha and Chang

webfact

On 11/9/2023 at 11:51 AM, Gottfrid said:

What do you mean with that? Some people drink beer for their food, or just 1 or 2 bottles just because they like the taste. Others drink just to get drunk. I assume you did not understand the post you were quoting. Same goes for wine, where even more people use it as a social drink or as an addition to good food.

One must be a complete idiot to drink alcohol if not wanting the alcohol at all. Nonsense entirely. That also has nothing to do with still being a person who only drinks 1 glass, you do drink for the alcohol too.

On 11/9/2023 at 10:49 AM, lordgrinz said:

Singha and Chang both taste horrible, I've come to the conclusion that Thai's drink to get drunk, not because they like the taste of beer.

hard to get drunk when ur beer is served in a glass with ice

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

One must be a complete idiot to drink alcohol if not wanting the alcohol at all. Nonsense entirely. That also has nothing to do with still being a person who only drinks 1 glass, you do drink for the alcohol too.

What are you replying about. When did I say, not wanting the alcohol? It comes with the 1-2 bottles automatically, doesn´t it, or do you have another solution to that?

On 11/9/2023 at 10:34 AM, webfact said:

Carabao-Red Sun has introduced five beer flavours to the market. These include Lager Beer, a German-style beer made from 100% malt; Dunkel Beer, a German-style dark beer made from roasted malt; Weizen Beer, a genuine Bavarian-style beer with a fruity aroma; Rose Beer, a genuine Bavarian-style beer mixed with raspberry; and IPA Beer, an ale with the taste and aroma of hops.

I thought it would just be more Tiger Pee.  A beer with taste?  What a novel idea.  I'll give them a try.  Dark and IPA. 

On 11/9/2023 at 11:07 AM, Pouatchee said:

its popularity will depend on mostly 1 thing... the price.

thais dont have the finesse, nor the palate to distinguish and enjoy a good beer

That's because they never had the choice or opportunity

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baht Simpson said:

Over-hyped for sure but hardly that.

No it really is horrible. An a different subject I tried the Lager beer tonight which was ok, not a patch on Federbrau though, also tried the dark beer which was no to my taste. I will stick to Federbrau at home then and San Mig light when I go out, not many bars sell Federbrau, which is a shame.

Edited by jimn

I am off to Thailand again in a couple of days I do like to try, I am pished of with the other brands I checked online and have been quoted 650baht per 12 large bottles can anybody confirm this? I am a wine drinker but as you all know wine is too expansive in Thailand, so I like to try this one.

On 11/9/2023 at 4:35 PM, KannikaP said:

They obviously sell Heineken 0% ZERO, but it is more expensive than the 5% stuff, and still cannot buy between 2 - 5 pm.

Yes I am looking for what they call a quaffing beer in Yorkshire.....still 100% beer, but only, say, 2%.......... you can drink a lot without damaging your liver....555

On 11/9/2023 at 6:55 PM, curlylekan said:

On top of that, I do not understand how Thai people love ice with their beer which further takes away from the beers flavor

I never understood why Brits like warm beer until it was explained that Lucas made their refrigerators.

• Confused 2

On 11/9/2023 at 11:07 AM, Pouatchee said:

its popularity will depend on mostly 1 thing... the price.

thais dont have the finesse, nor the palate to distinguish and enjoy a good beer

Farangs seem just as price-conscious. Hence Chang, and the beer bars selling the cheapest.

But I see Hops in Pattaya packed out with Thais drinking their specialty brews. Sorry. You only know the impoverished peasants, as most do here.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, jimn said:

No it really is horrible. An a different subject I tried the Lager beer tonight which was ok, not a patch on Federbrau though, also tried the dark beer which was no to my taste. I will stick to Federbrau at home then and San Mig light when I go out, not many bars sell Federbrau, which is a shame.

I agree that the Hoegaarden Rosee is awful. So syrupy. I tried Federbrau once but thought it was just another bland pale lager. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Farangs seem just as price-conscious. Hence Chang, and the beer bars selling the cheapest.

But I see Hops in Pattaya packed out with Thais drinking their specialty brews. Sorry. You only know the impoverished peasants, as most do here.

not quite... that is kind of a moral judgement based on nothing to back up your claim about me personally. unfortunately many people took my generalization to heart. been here a long time and have met all kinds or thais having worked in posh schools all the way to gvt schools. you might, or might not agree with me on this, but whenever meeting a thai for the first time, one of the first topics that flare up is the beer one drinks. of all the swill around, i drink leo. fact is i have given up vices such as drinking and smoking due to health issues. and, when asking what they drink, generally thais respond in kind by saying they either like leo or chang. i do not go out so i cannot say anything about HOPS in pattaya or anywhere else as a matter of fact. but this is not representative of the masses here

you are giving an example for 1 place... maybe there are quite a few more, but it doesn't matter. the undeniable fact is that the average thai does look at the price of what they drink and will usually choose what is cheapest. hence, the popularity of lao khao... that poisonous whiskey.  

You only know the impoverished peasants, as most do here.   your comment seems awfully pretentious. are you speaking through your hat here? your comment knda reminds me of homer simpson when he was seeing through pink glasses. you think of yourself as high so when you are actually just another keyboard warrior judging his peers. dont let the door hit you on the way out...

Edited by Pouatchee

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

i do not go out so i cannot say anything about HOPS in pattaya or anywhere else as a matter of fact

Says it all. So you made a stereotypical generalization about Thais when you haven't seen middle class Thais enjoying craft beers because you yourself have never been to such places and haven't met any Thais who have.

Meanwhile you're under the illusion that somehow all farang have better taste than Thais (Chang, ha! Leo), and ignored the fact that Stella Artois, AKA "wifebeater," is the leading beer brand by sales in the United Kingdom (UK). Laughable. That piss water's in about the same class as Bud or PBR. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Says it all. So you made a stereotypical generalization about Thais when you haven't seen middle class Thais enjoying craft beers because you yourself have never been to such places and haven't met any Thais who have.

dude, you have a stuck up attitude and you are turning this into a personal attack against me. you are pulling at threads with unsubstantiated statements about me. people who do what you are doing are what is wrong in the world today. i give my opinion. take it or leave it. if you cant take it go find somewhere else to troll. you act like a high so...i really doubt you are. crawl back where you come from

35 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Meanwhile you're under the illusion that somehow all farang have better taste than Thais (Chang, ha! Leo)

you think making overgeneralizations is bad? you turn right around and do what you accuse me of. nowhere have i said foreigners have better taste. i made my argument about thais' taste habits 1-2 days ago. go read before you troll. dont like my opinion? too bad.  show me where i said that foreigners have better taste, otherwise clamp it and go bark up another tree. all you are doing now is harrassing... otherwise known as trolling

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

Might go tonight. If I find some will I be disappointed.

Got lager and Dunkel. Let's see? They are in the fridge at present as I suspect like all European-style beers they will taste better frozen.

Lotus's also had wheat beer and raspberry which I declined. 

Edited by VocalNeal