Managing forum toxicity and negativity

george

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Indeed, you've hit the nail on the head. Another poster I have on ignore who continues to reply to my posts. A block feature would immediately fix him and  his ilk. If someone follows me in real life, after I'd asked them to stay away, they'd get a punch on the nose. Here, these trolls think it's their God-given right to stalk others as it's a public forum. 

What about if you met a forum poster in real life who replied to you on forums fater you asked them not to  , would you punch him on the nose as well ?

Would you physically attack a poster in real life ?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Absolutely no chance I would exchange a PM with any of the Bots/Trolls who are hijacking this forum at present!

The Mods should ban them NOW!

Please let us get this Site back to a place where sensible questions were posted and answered and some light-hearted fun was had on the way!

BAN the trolling morons/Bots or whatever they are!

That's just the point. YOU would not have to exchange messages with them with PM. They would do battle amongst themselves, not in the forum.

• Confused 1

You can post a comment worthy of a Nobel, but strong chances it will end up with a jealous jerk,  sub-commenting and asking for "sources". This is a stale way to argue from those who plainly have nothing to say and feel the pinch from others having interesting "conversation".

You challenge and spend your days just asking for sources and references to a poster's comment on a general topic  ?(not refering to specific topics like immigration formalities that need to be fully sourced). Well look for it yourself then if you know how to use G.

Fully agree to put in the ignore list,  such trolls trying to discredit and pick on others.

Edited by Sigmund
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Sigmund said:

You can post a comment worthy of a Nobel, but strong chances it will end up with a jealous jerk,  sub-commenting and asking for "sources". This is a stale way to argue from those who plainly have nothing to say and feel the pinch from others having interesting "conversation".

You challenge and spend your days just asking for sources and references to a poster's comment on a general topic  ?(not refering to specific topics like immigration formalities that need to be fully sourced). Well look for it yourself then if you know how to use G.

Fully agree to put in the ignore list,  such trolls trying to discredit and pick on others.

I couldn't agree more. There is no mileage here in spending an hour finding credible sources to support your argument because the second you post them, the poster who demanded them will walk away without so much as a thank you or any form of acknowledgement.

• Like 1

He George !!

Sorry to bother you, but I was wondering. 

Will we be printing MANGA hats?  Personally I think they would be a hot item at the Asean Now Gift shop. 

I was going to start a thread at Pub, but I did not want to offend some people , who want the subforum reserved for more serious discussion.

Though I can't think what could be more serious than MANGA hats. 

Edited by sirineou
  • Haha 1

On 11/10/2023 at 2:25 AM, flyingtlger said:

Yes, there are many clowns but some of the moderators are too strict and conservative….

Some will delete a post just because there was a meme or a giphy they didn’t understand.

I admin on a political FB group of 26k members. The first people to get thrown out are the attention seekers. They contribute nothing 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, swissie said:

That's easy: 2 or 3 posters starting a "ping pong insult battle" the Mod's should insert the following directive:

"CONTINUE YOUR STRICTLY PERSONAL EXCHANGE BY PM (personal message). Continuation of this personal exchange in this open forum will result in the deletion of such posts as they appear".

Problem solved.

That is precisely what I recommended yesterday. They should be forceably banned from the thread they are using for their childish  behavior.

This would eventually mean that the worst offenders would only be able to post on a given thread a few times.

Of course if this becomes too much of a chore for the moderators they could just ban them from all the forums except for one named 'idiot drivel', which the mods should create. On that forum the idiots can insult/flame/bore/anger each other endlessly while sparing the rest of us their pueril blithering.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Of course if this becomes too much of a chore for the moderators they could just ban them from all the forums except for one named 'idiot drivel', which the mods should create.

I am curious as the the criteria one would use to determine "Idiot drive" 

Would you post qualify? Or perhaps mine? 

I think it helps to remove the anonymity in some corner of the forum also.

The ones if us who have been here for a while don't care what others think, and it would be great to catch up in real life once in a while.

There are the ones that we all know from photos, either on the forum or thorough messages.

I, like many others, have posted photos of myself. But there are the ones that just seem to hide. That's their choice of course.