Family friendly resort?

sambum

Why do the authorities persist in promoting Pattaya as a "Family Friendly" resort when it appears that 90% of all crimes against visitors to Thailand appear to be committed in this world renowned "Hub of Entertainment"?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, impulse said:

It's family friendly.  Most families don't wander around at 3:00AM when most of those crimes seem to take place.

Not quite Pattaya, but I loved staying in a very family oriented resort on the beach in Jomtien.  Never had any issues.  Of course, I was asnooze by about 11:00 PM.

Point taken about the timing of the crimes - probably because a lot of people's senses are dulled by copious amounts of alcohol! 

And I have a pal who lives in Jomtien why loves it, but as you say - that is not Pattaya, where most of the crimes seem to take place! I've been there once and stayed for 3 days, which I enjoyed, but I was in the company of some "old hands" and managed to get through unscathed due I am sure to my  friends' advice re keeping your money and jewelry (watches etc) out of sight.

However, I won't be rushing to go back, and it is not what I would personally call a "Family Friendly" resort!

Edited by sambum

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

Family Friendly. 

What exactly does this mean? Or implied? 

It means (to my mind) that it is a "place" where the locals are welcoming to families, that there are ample facilities for children to play and enjoy themselves safely, and that all families - adults and children alike will be safe from harassment and uncalled for attention - and that should also apply to when the sun goes down!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, champers said:

Hard Rock, Avani and many others are family oriented resort hotels. Pattaya is all things to all people.

"Hard Rock" is not a name that implies a "family friendly" hotel to me!!! More like a "Hairy Bikers" meets "Hells Angels" meets "70's music aficionados" type of establishment!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sambum said:

"Hard Rock" is not a name that implies a "family friendly" hotel to me!!! More like a "Hairy Bikers" meets "Hells Angels" meets "70's music aficionados" type of establishment!!!

It has lots of activities especially tailored for children. Your idea what it is is completely made up balderdash.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, champers said:

It has lots of activities especially tailored for children. Your idea what it is is completely made up balderdash.

Don't misquote me! I said that the name IMPLIED something - not that's what it is/was (TISWAS?)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KannikaP said:

One beach is very much like any other, you get sand everywhere if you can get to it,

Movies?.....millions available on line, and after 90 minutes in a cold cinema?....

Parks...555, water parks are good for kids if not safe for them, after you have seen Million Stone Park and Nong Nooch, for which you will pay way over the top,

Crocodiles and elehpants........cruelty to animals,

Fireworks about twice a year adding to air pollution,

Shows, concerts...mostly deafening, festivals ie Song Kran and Loy Kratong, OK if you are a water-loving Buddhist,

You can only eat in restaurants a maximum of 3 times a day but spend HOURS deciding on which one to eat in, only to be possibly disappointed.

Stay at home, cook yourself, watch telly, put some sand on your lawn, get a pet croc or elephant, 

Have I been here too long or speak the truth?

Ok, so in your mind those places I listed are NOT family friendly, ok I get it.  Can you please post some places that are family friendly in your opinion?

11 hours ago, bbko said:

Plenty of places for families to visit, eat, shop.  Just avoid the bars.

Of course there are, Nong Nooch, Dolphinarium, Ramayana, Tiffany, Sanctuary of Truth, Island Tours, T21 , Mini Siam, Elephant Village, etc etc are not aimed at pxss heads from  Millwall. 

5 hours ago, bbko said:

Ok, so in your mind those places I listed are NOT family friendly, ok I get it.  Can you please post some places that are family friendly in your opinion?

That was my personal opinion. So, yes, those places are all family friendly for many families.

11 hours ago, sambum said:

From Google:- 

"Pattaya is a popular Beach resort on the Gulf of Thailand, just 150 km southeast of Bangkok –a mere two-hour drive. Pattaya's pulsating NIGHTLIFE is well known, but  Local authorities have, in recent years, improved the quality of the beaches and reinvented the resort as a more family-friendly destination."

I am not denying that Pattaya is a city, or that Google is  ALWAYS correct, but I would suggest that the above is a fair description?

No. It's a dated description, more appropriate to small towns.  Pattaya has grown into a big city; Google just hasn't caught up.  Las Vegas also caters to tourists but I doubt anyone would call it a 'resort'.  Ditto for Orlando, nobody would refer to it as a resort.   Las Vegas is a big city.  And, like Pattaya with its nightlife, it has different areas beyond The Strip.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, sambum said:

Don't hurt yourself thinking ...

image.png.502ab55cc23cc27c298a9f4dd470656f.png

Looks family friendly to me ...

image.png.feeca1cceaaccff1d7c1cc54480c30f4.png

image.png.adb3c182b09942f6a105985c868a0d5f.png

Edited by KhunLA