China’s Embassy calls on Thai media to censor its coverage of Taiwan to protect relationships

webfact

8 hours ago, movsrus said:

China is a cancer on the world and the sooner it gets cut out and eviscerated the better. if you disagree just ask residents of Hong Kong if they are better off under the boot of the CCP.

I'm in HK at present (permanent resident for 20yrs ) and the locals had no choice....the lease was up and off went the Brits.

After over 2 decades working here (although my Thai wife and I mostly live in our house in outer Bangkok ) I haven't noticed any "under the boot of the CCP".

But I'm a Guilo, and not into local politics , but I think the British police did a better 'policing' job, day to day, than the present "force".

Otherwise everything is about normal.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, orchidfan said:

I'm in HK at present (permanent resident for 20yrs ) and the locals had no choice....the lease was up and off went the Brits.

After over 2 decades working here (although my Thai wife and I mostly live in our house in outer Bangkok ) I haven't noticed any "under the boot of the CCP".

But I'm a Guilo, and not into local politics , but I think the British police did a better 'policing' job, day to day, than the present "force".

Otherwise everything is about normal.

Hows the once wonderful South China Morning Post doing?

Don't think their editorial freedom is quite what it was!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

In reality Taiwan is a great country, that has accomplished great things, they broke away from China for a very good reasons like common sense and reason, and they are a free and independent nation.

How is Taiwan a different country? The same people, the same culture, the same language, and a one-party fascist dictator until 2000, by which time Taiwan was already a developed country. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, smedly said:

little mouse Srettha will of course comply, he has no backbone, a yes man as long as his pockets are being filled

China is a bully and a dangerous one, Taiwan, will not be bullied, niether will Ukraine, if Russia and China don't back off then the future is bleak, I mans self destruction is not far away, we keep repeating the same mistake - somone thinks the have the power, Putin.....desperate to save face for the grave error he made invading Ukraine, how stupid was that, he will NOT be allowed to win, the west will try and avoid humiliation but there will come a time when it is unavoidable - Putin will be humiliated unless he backs off, pointless destruction and loss of life, what is he 5"6 - not realy man size so I guess he feels inferior so  i have some sympathy 

as for Taiwan, leave it alone china, you will get it handed to you and you know it, they are armed to the teeth.......try it at you peril

and as for your bully tactics in the SCH especially towards Philippines - that will not be tolerated much longer

As has been pointed out, there is a contest between the authoritarian government model and the more democratic government model. I recognize that it is certainly not black and white for some claiming "democracy" are not addressing the needs of their working middle class but ... I certainly cannot embrace the PRC model ... too much control demanded in return for surrendering individual freedoms for this American. Can get into deeper subject matter but I'll spare all.

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

China is biding it's time, but I think it will make a move on Taiwan at some point.

It do believe Taiwan is historically part of mainland China,  and China it wants it to stop trying to be an independent nation and conform to the CCP

be so kind to explain and provide related back up Reliable data, thks

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nicholas Paul KNIGHT said:

See start with Chinese Police Patrols and NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell Thailand top control its MEDIA, this country of basically free speech can say what it likes about anything it wants. Except according to Autocratic Bejing Taiwan ... Bull<deleted> ! 

With  due recognition of the immediate results of the military coup, as I recall. Is the three finger "Scout" sign still banned?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Banana7 said:

This is merely another step to make Thailand a puppet state of China. Here is another fact: Chinese police will be undertaking policing activities in Thailand with the help of the Thai government.

There is a BIG meeting planned for 15 November 2023 at the Embassy of China in Bangkok with Thai Officials, where China wants to bring in Chinese Police officers to patrol so called Chinese tourist areas in Thailand. Thailand maybe agreeing to permit Chinese spies/police/intelligence operatives to operate in Thailand. Of course this means wherever in Thailand there is one Chinese person, Chinese security agencies will be able to operate legally

The pRC has already established offices in global cities to "assist Chinese nationals" ... tentacles.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

How is Taiwan a different country? The same people, the same culture, the same language, and a one-party fascist dictator until 2000, by which time Taiwan was already a developed country. 

That type of thinking is insane. Just because England, Canada and USA have the same official language, and many cultural similarities that makes them one county? Just because Portugal and Brazil have the same official language that makes them the same country? There are many countries whose official language is Spanish and have very similar cultures, that makes them one country. Absolutely ridiculous!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Banana7 said:

That type of thinking is insane. Just because England, Canada and USA have the same official language, and many cultural similarities that makes them one county? Just because Portugal and Brazil have the same official language that makes them the same country? There are many countries whose official language is Spanish and have very similar cultures, that makes them one country. Absolutely ridiculous!

I did not say the only language. They are the same people (same root), have the same culture, and speak the same language. Portugal and Brazil are not the same people, and they don't have the same culture. Unless you are talking about native Taiwanese (like Native Americans), who have been thoroughly eradicated by the Japanese and Chinese,

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Confused 3
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, BE88 said:

Yes, the clock is already moving. If we look at Laos with a huge debt and its disastrous economy where people prefer to receive the Yuan Reminbi instead of the Lak this is the result of Chinese help and apparently it is the path that Thailand has decided to take.

Unfortunately Laos not alone, Mali, Sri lanka, Egypt, Bangladesh, Zambia, Ethiopia, etc., etc. the list is too long, China politicized Belt and Road  program whereby many countries losing their own identity

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, CartagenaWarlock said:

I did not say the only language. They are the same people (same root), have the same culture, and speak the same language. Portugal and Brazil are not the same people, and they don't have the same culture.

Well England, Canada and USA certainly have the same roots and culture and speak the same language. Over time they have developed some minor differences in culture.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Unfortunately Laos not alone, Mali, Sri lanka, Egypt, Bangladesh, Zambia, Ethiopia, etc., etc. the list is too long, China politicized Belt and Road  program whereby many countries losing their own identity

Yes, thank you for remembering the long list of countries conquered by China without any invasion but only by applying Sun Tzu to the letter in his famous book on war. Winning the war without starting it.

Just now, Banana7 said:

Well England, Canada and USA certainly have the same roots and culture and speak the same language. Over time they have developed some minor differences in culture.

Not the same. Each country fought a prolonged war to establish its independence. It did not come just like that because people fled from England to the USA. 

48 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Bit of a Streisand blunder on the Chinese side.

Time to cover the Taiwanese election in January next year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

I was enjoying reading this thread until I read your post. I cannot stand Streisand. When I was younger, I was forced to watch a movie called Yentl with Barbara Streisand in it.  I still have nightmares today visualizing Streisand in that movie.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, smedly said:

oh that's right maybe Germany supplies those to China surprise surprise

No.

Thailand and China have known that since 1989 there has been an EU embargo on equipment/parts sold to China that has military use. That would include Germany's diesel engines for Chinese built subs. The surprise is that somehow Thailand or China thought they could get the EU to lift the ban. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

We immigrants are allowed to live here in Thailand with no vote or say in what happens here in Thailand .

All i can do is go along with the flow like it or not .

The Chinese Government have worked hand in hand with the Thai Governments for years  transporting Wanted Chinese citizens from Thailand with no court procedures concerning there rights . 

God help us all living in Thailand