Anyone got an email from Wise asking for more info

4 hours ago, Dario said:

Since Xendpay stopped two or three days ago, I tried to log in to Wise  and they sent me an email to my old mobile number. Finally, I found a link how to change my mobile number. Now they ask me a selfie holding my passport. I sent them already 7 times and seven times they tell me that cannot read my upload. Sev en times! I sent them clear photos, exactly the way they want.

It's like Bitkub, same problems. I'm at the end of my Latin, how we say in Switzerland.

I had the same but my issue was the lighting when I put on more lights, the selfie finally passed.

Swiss citizen, sending Euro from German bank account to WISE account in Belgium and from there to Thai bank account. Not exactly monthly and usually 2000 Euro.

Registered at WISE in January 2018.

I remember it included passport copy/upload(?) and a proof of my Thai address.

Can't remember whether it included a face photo upload?

Since then never any additional requirements.

Hope it remains quiet.

Usually I go through the mobile app.

Just logged in at the PC and got a "suspicious logon" message.

Unlocking link to my email and got in.

Edited by KhunBENQ

8 hours ago, Dario said:

Since Xendpay stopped two or three days ago, I tried to log in to Wise  and they sent me an email to my old mobile number. Finally, I found a link how to change my mobile number. Now they ask me a selfie holding my passport. I sent them already 7 times and seven times they tell me that cannot read my upload. Sev en times! I sent them clear photos, exactly the way they want.

It's like Bitkub, same problems. I'm at the end of my Latin, how we say in Switzerland.

3 hours ago, MJCM said:

I had the same but my issue was the lighting when I put on more lights, the selfie finally passed.

I was going to say, given you've faced the exact same issue twice it's probably an issue with your phone camera rather than Wise or Bitkub.

Got the same email from Wise today with a bunch of questions as mentioned.

On 11/28/2023 at 1:02 AM, MJCM said:

Questions where like:

1- How much do you earn a year?

2- How much do you intend to send per year through Wise

3- What is the source of the money

4- Which Countries do you send money to?

etc etc etc

After answering all the questions, it just says "We’re now checking your information and we’ll notify you if there is anything else required."

I did this once when I first opened the account in Dec of 2022. So it seems like an annual check-up. Not really sure.

Did anyone receive any follow-up on this? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TeaB said:

Got the same email from Wise today with a bunch of questions as mentioned.

After answering all the questions, it just says "We’re now checking your information and we’ll notify you if there is anything else required."

I did this once when I first opened the account in Dec of 2022. So it seems like an annual check-up. Not really sure.

Did anyone receive any follow-up on this? 

No follow up yet, but just to be sure I cleared my Balances I had with them.

On 11/28/2023 at 12:23 PM, Guderian said:

Is this in any way related to CRS and the intention to charge Thai income tax on all foreign remittances into the country?

CRS most probably, Thai tax personally I doubt it, the Thai banks have no hold over Wise to ensure compliance with any request for information.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/27/2023 at 7:19 PM, MJCM said:

Just received an email from Wise

Anyone else?

I got the email today, and got right away some tricky questions, so I paused it.

Don't know if you completed already, but if you could advise.

My account is registered with my Belgian ID, but of course they know I'm in Thailand.

First question was, what you use it for, and I answered general living expenses.

The second question was more tricky, asking which country I will primarily send and receive from. Would have been easier if they had separate questions for send and receive.

I know you can not use it to send money from Thailand, yet Thailand is listed in the drop-down menu of the answers.

So I receive money in my Thai account, but send money to all over the world from my Belgian account.

Which country did you select, if I may ask?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2023 at 9:04 AM, foreverlomsak said:

CRS most probably, Thai tax personally I doubt it, the Thai banks have no hold over Wise to ensure compliance with any request for information.

I was wondering how a Wise transfer to, say, BKK Bank is noted on the BKK Bank end.  In other words, is it just the same as the list of reasons choice that you made or something else? 

The 'list' I'm referring to says stuff like monthly living expense, pension, charitable donation, and so on.

17 hours ago, Galong said:

I was wondering how a Wise transfer to, say, BKK Bank is noted on the BKK Bank end.  In other words, is it just the same as the list of reasons choice that you made or something else? 

The 'list' I'm referring to says stuff like monthly living expense, pension, charitable donation, and so on.

I would reckon that it is Wise only, to allow you to summarize/analyze your expenditure by category, wouldn't think it's of any interest to Bangkok Bank, the Funds for Long Term Stay is to try to ensure that it is marked FTT (Foreign Transfer) in your passbook.

8 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

I would reckon that it is Wise only, to allow you to summarize/analyze your expenditure by category, wouldn't think it's of any interest to Bangkok Bank, the Funds for Long Term Stay is to try to ensure that it is marked FTT (Foreign Transfer) in your passbook.

Thanks a lot for your response. I should have been clearer. I was more interested in the other categories. I have my US Social Security directly deposited into a direct deposit BKK Bank account. I was wondering how other money brought in via Wise is noted at the Thai banks... does it simply say whatever category I submit? I kind of assume it does, but I don't like to assume.

1 minute ago, Galong said:

Thanks a lot for your response. I should have been clearer. I was more interested in the other categories. I have my US Social Security directly deposited into a direct deposit BKK Bank account. I was wondering how other money brought in via Wise is noted at the Thai banks... does it simply say whatever category I submit? I kind of assume it does, but I don't like to assume.

As far as I'm aware Bangkok Bank only pay attention if the "Funds for long stay" is selected, the transfer is delayed until, I believe, manually marked as FTT. Any other category will probably not be marked as FTT. I am not aware of Bangkok Bank having any interest in the category attributed to the transfer, I've used in the past a number of other categories and not an eyebrow has been raised. As I said I believe this is an available option within Wise for you to collate and analyze your expenditures.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/7/2024 at 5:59 PM, Galong said:

My Wise transfers to Kasikorn bank are sent as Long stay in Thailand Kbank designate them as Travel expenses, tourist.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

As far as I'm aware Bangkok Bank only pay attention if the "Funds for long stay" is selected, the transfer is delayed until, I believe, manually marked as FTT. Any other category will probably not be marked as FTT. I am not aware of Bangkok Bank having any interest in the category attributed to the transfer, I've used in the past a number of other categories and not an eyebrow has been raised. As I said I believe this is an available option within Wise for you to collate and analyze your expenditures.

Thanks, foreverlomsak... this is exactly the info I was after and kind of the answer I expected. 

On 1/9/2024 at 8:08 AM, Galong said:

Thanks, foreverlomsak... this is exactly the info I was after and kind of the answer I expected. 

The option about buying property in Thailand also takes the "long" route and gets marked as an FTT by BBL as that's a requirement when funding a condo purchase.