Allegedly Intoxicated British Driver Injured in Pattaya Pickup Truck Accident

webfact

1 hour ago, Ironmike said:

Yet another drunken Brit wow no brains needed to see who is at fault here red tag him deport him and ban him for 5 years these news have been put into effect just for people like this looser know send him back to England today. No sympathy. 

"...deport him and ban him for 5 years these news have been put into effect just for people like this looser..."

'kin 'ell.  And you think that he's a "looser" [sic]?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:
26 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where was it stated that the windscreen had a 90% tint?   AN posters who weren't there, excluded, of course.

He didn't say he wasn't there but he did say it was 90% and I have no reason to disbelieve him.

Why would you not disbelieve that when the windscreen can easily be seen though into the interior, as the photo shows? Enough reason to disbelieve him.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

He didn't say he wasn't there but he did say it was 90% and I have no reason to disbelieve him.

You having a sense of humour lapse or are you always like this!.

There was no indication that he was being humourous, he made his ridiculous "90%" comment in a factual manner.   You having a temporary Thai-bash or are you always like that?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

When they arrived at the accident scene, the road was relatively dark, leading to the collision with the streetlight pole and the subsequent overturning of the vehicle.

Relative to what? Looks bright enough to me. Yet more ridiculous reporting.

S__195026948.jpg

Lost in translation

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There was no indication that he was being humourous, he made his ridiculous "90%" comment in a factual manner.   You having a temporary Thai-bash or are you always like that?

Not me, I don't Thai bash, this is my home.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

LL, as much as I love you dearly, it's not helpful or even a little bit good to go round picking up minor nuances on all the other posters posts, lighten up for god sake man.

ML, as much as I don't love you dearly, it's not helpful or even a little bit good [sic] to go round telling other members what, and how, to post when they point out fatuous, gratuitous Thai-bashing.  Get real, "man".   

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

When they arrived at the accident scene, the road was relatively dark, leading to the collision with the streetlight pole and the subsequent overturning of the vehicle.

S__195026948.jpg

And maybe it was dark, because clown chops destroyed the street light, at that point, in the road? Just a thought? 🤔

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

S__195026948.jpg

Always dark under a streetlight post - everyone knows that lol !!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, bob smith said:

500 baht fine and a wai is the going rate innit?

Hm,...Not if you are drunk and destroy state property !! Light poles or electric poles are expensive !!!

He will know ! It's going to cost him !! and I hope a lot !

I have no sympathy for drunk drivers !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

In my 20 years there, I got the impression that loads of expats drink & drive in Thailand, and not just Brits. This guy was just unlucky to get caught.

Well deserved to get caught, I hope the bleed him dry !

Not the slightest sympathy for drunk drives.

No element of Schadenfrued -

If proven to be over the legal driving limit... 

...  I hope he gets dealt with seriously to the full extent.

... I also hope his insurance is void because he was drunk.

I also hope that anyone else, foreign or Thai is dealt with the the full extent of the law and that their own damages are not covered by insurance.

Fortunately, he didn't kill or injure anyone.

Why should 'others' pay for insurance rates when people such as this are careless...  Insurance is to cover accidents, not deliberate actions like drink driving. 

Edited by richard_smith237

1 hour ago, Charlest1971 said:

And maybe it was dark, because clown chops destroyed the street light, at that point, in the road? Just a thought? 🤔

I'd guess that the street light worked and it wasn't dark before he drove into it. How does the street look to you, even after? Bright enough for me to see where I would be going, even without headlights.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

In my 20 years there, I got the impression that loads of expats drink & drive in Thailand, and not just Brits. This guy was just unlucky to get caught.

No luck,good or bad , involved. It's  crass stupidity to drink and drive. He was lucky he didn't kill himself or worse another. His life would have changed massively in the latter case.

• Like 1