German documentary reignites sex tourism concerns for Thailand’s Pattaya

webfact

18 minutes ago, CDG931 said:

In my humble opinion, Pattaya should remain as it was in the 80s, 90s and early 2000s  —NOT positioned as a family destination. Let destinations like Hua Hin or Phuket handle family-friendly atmospheres.
And please, no Chinese tour groups taking videos.

anyone else not welcome in your club ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Not sure about you but IN MY WORLD and having been living in Thailand for 35+ years, I have been sex 'mongering' for decades now and have been to all the places where they sell sex and more so i think i know what I'm talking about...

I agree. Around half are sex tourists. If not half then 40%. 

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

What reputation is it exactly? They keep going on about Pattaya's reputation when it has been like that from a very long time! Many go there for sex tourism, it is known globally to be "that place."

It's like trying to cover a hole with gum, you know it's bound not to stick for a long time.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Concerns are being raised about the potential damage to Thailand’s overall tourism market due to a documentary by German media organisation Deutsche Welle (DW), which highlights Pattaya as a sex tourism destination. This documentary is currently blocked in Thailand.

Wy would  anyone be worried about this .

In the Netherlands when I was living there we had Amsterdam and Rotterdam Red Light districts and Coffee(Weed )shops and Sex/Toy shops Everywhere.

That's were the Tourists  went .

So Figure It's an Advertisement

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, it is what it is said:

This documentary is currently blocked in Thailand.

there's non so blind as those who don't want to see.

It's most probably a geoblock, and not one from Thailand, but from the TV station itself. The broadcasting rights are often limited at German stations.

• Like 2

I think I saw that flick 20 years ago.

Was that the one where the guy said the lady he was dating dropped him when he ran low on money and she went out with the guy sitting behind him at the bar?

There was also one about that girl Pla in Bangkok which I liked. I forget the name of the film. Kind of old school stuff.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Confused 1