Israel and Hamas fight house-to-house battles across Gaza

CharlieH

Another large tunnel complex found where they held hostages.

The IDF reveals a major Hamas tunnel in southern Gaza's Khan Younis, previously used by senior members of the terror group and later repurposed to hold hostages. Troops of the elite Yahalom combat engineering unit and other special forces under the 98th Division raided the "strategic" underground network, which the IDF says was around one kilometer long. The IDF says senior Hamas officials previously resided in the tunnel, and hostages were later held there during the war. "The troops battled terrorists in the tunnel, breached blast doors, and neutralized explosive devices," the IDF says. In the tunnel, the IDF says troops found a holding cell where the hostages were previously kept, a bathroom and a resting area for the terrorists guarding the hostages.

https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1755215632084107406

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I'm anti-genocide. Anyone else out there want to risk being called antisemitic?

If you are anti-genocide why are you supporting a terrorist organisation that has only only mission and that is to "kill Jews", you seem to forget who started this war. You have been sucked in to the terrorists propaganda and joined the cult that fails to see reality as it is and you like many hang on to every word the terrorist spout. 

https://www.fdd.org/analysis/2023/11/08/no-one-can-deny-hamas-aim-is-to-kill-jews-it-fully-admits-it/

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

You mean the Hamas terror tunnels?

Iran's active support for forces dedicated to defeat both the USA and Israel?

There's a lot happening in the middle east so you need to be more specific. 

Ok! Let's be specific shall we.

You think the Israeli intelligence didn't know about boring hundreds of metres of tunnels? This was a surveillance system that would know if a porcupine got anywhere near the prison fence.

The deliberate 6/7 hour delay in dealing with the prison breakout and the tunnels, all point - for anyone paying attention - to this all being long planned. It was what the IDF, and those pulling the strings, wanted all along. An excure to begin the complete removal of non-Jews from Gaza and - IMO - the whole of Palestine. The specific break-out incident was the trigger to unleash the genocide. Backed up fully  by the US, UK and Germany.

• Agree 1

Has Israel finally gone over-the-top in its prosecution of the war? It looks like the Biden administration thinks so:

The U.S. and U.N. warn Israel that a military advance in Rafah could be disastrous.

The Biden administration said on Thursday that it would not at this point support Israeli plans for a military operation in Rafah, a city in southern Gaza where more than half of the enclave’s total population has sought shelter, and both a White House spokesman and the U.N. secretary general warned of catastrophe should Israel attack.

“Given the circumstances and the conditions there that we see right now, we think a military operation at this time would be a disaster for those people,” a White House spokesman, John Kirby, told reporters.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2024/02/09/world/israel-hamas-war-gaza-news#us-intelligence-officials-tell-congress-that-israel-is-not-close-to-eliminating-hamas

And speaking of "over the top"

Biden Says Israel’s Response in Gaza is ‘Over the Top’

President Joe Biden on Thursday gave his sharpest criticism yet of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s military campaign, which has killed more than 27,000 Palestinians, according to health officials in Gaza.

“I’m of the view, as you know, that the conduct of the response in Gaza, in the Gaza Strip, has been over the top,” Biden said in response to a reporter’s question at the White House.

Biden said he has been “pushing very hard” for a temporary cease-fire in exchange for the release of hostages held by Hamas and freeing of Palestinians in Israeli jails.

https://www.voanews.com/a/biden-says-israel-s-response-in-gaza-is-over-the-top-/7480608.html

Why do posters blame Israel for a war that Hamas started, actions have consequences and I'm sure most normal thinking people do not want to see another Oct 7th, especially Israel who have every right to defend themselves!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Out of all the vids I've seen, this one probably shows the day to day fighting more than others that IDF have to face on the ground. Terrorists in civilian clothing in intense urban warfare.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You are just looking at the situation from afar three months later and thinking  "How can we blame Israel" and joining the pieces together and subtracting some facts and adding other so called facts  so Israel is to blame for everything .

The tunnels didn't go right to the border fence and the terrorists who flew over in hand gliders didn't use any tunnels .

*How can we blame Israel for this* 

I think it important to look at intent. Evidence at the recent genocide trial, where top people in Israel said they wanted to clear the Palestinians from ; well Palestine. Opportunity beckoned!

"How can we blame Israel?" I am not blaming Israel alone. The US, UK and Germany sat back and watched this catastrophe unfold for decades. And all three actively encouraged the killings.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I think it important to look at intent. Evidence at the recent genocide trial, where top people in Israel said they wanted to clear the Palestinians from ; well Palestine. Opportunity beckoned!

Could you elaborate on that ?

Which "top people" in Israel said that they wanted all Palestinians   out of Gaza ?

(Prior to the Oct 7 attack) 

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

President Joe Biden on Thursday gave his sharpest criticism yet of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s military campaign, which has killed more than 27,000 Palestinians, according to health officials in Gaza.

“I’m of the view, as you know, that the conduct of the response in Gaza, in the Gaza Strip, has been over the top,” Biden said in response to a reporter’s question at the White House.

Biden said he has been “pushing very hard” for a temporary cease-fire in exchange for the release of hostages held by Hamas and freeing of Palestinians in Israeli jails.

Although the two are joined at the hip, they are both seeking different agendas. Netenyahu's aim it to is multi-faceted. Firstly; he would like to see a broader Middle East war, with the US and UK involved naturally. He wants to chuck out all Palestinians from their homeland. He - and his Zionist psychopathic team - are trying desperately to keep him out the nick.

Biden on the other hand is looking forward to election time. He is way behind in the opinions and has to temper his hung-ho statements. American sentiment has changed.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Love It 1

9 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

"How can we blame Israel?" I am not blaming Israel alone. The US, UK and Germany sat back and watched this catastrophe unfold for decades. And all three actively encouraged the killings.

The USA. UK , Germany and many other Countries support Israel's right to defend itself and fight back against the Hamas  Terrorist war criminal attackers 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Could you elaborate on that ?

Which "top people" in Israel said that they wanted all Palestinians   out of Gaza ?

(Prior to the Oct 7 attack) 

Look at South Africa's evidence at the trial.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The USA. UK , Germany and many other Countries support Israel's right to defend itself and fight back against the Hamas  Terrorist war criminal attackers 

Not in my view.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You made the claim, can you back the claim up ?

Whom was you referring to ?

Go look at the transcript of the trial. There for all to see. Except those that are wilfully bling.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Go look at the transcript of the trial. There for all to see. Except those that are wilfully bling.

Can you back up your claims or not ?

Its up to you to state the names of the people you were claiming said things 

Why cant you look at the trial yourself and tell me which people said what ?

You don't seem to know what you are talking about 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Although the two are joined at the hip, they are both seeking different agendas. Netenyahu's aim it to is multi-faceted. Firstly; he would like to see a broader Middle East war, with the US and UK involved naturally. He wants to chuck out all Palestinians from their homeland. He - and his Zionist psychopathic team - are trying desperately to keep him out the nick.

Biden on the other hand is looking forward to election time. He is way behind in the opinions and has to temper his hung-ho statements. American sentiment has changed.

I doubt you could support your theories about Netanyahu's intentions and wishes with anything much.

I'm anti-genocide.

Nah, you'd have little issues if Hamas was ever successful doing what they wish.

Don't be coy.

• Like 1

I'm anti-genocide.

We all are 

No one wants a genocide

Well, apart from Hamas and some Palestinian  supporters and Muslim extremists .

All this talk and claims and accusations about genocide and Hams are the only ones who have that intention 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just seeing reports on Al Jazeera about an israeli tank that destroyed a civilian family in a car and then the ambulance that was sent to them was destroyed and the paramedics killed.

Words can not describe how I consider the <deleted> that did such a vile thing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/02/10/gaza-israel-palestinians-war-ambulance-girl-family/bb7bf3ea-c84f-11ee-bbc9-9b5ca9b20779_story.html

“They are shooting at us,” 15-year-old Layan told the Palestinian Red Crescent. “The tank is next to me.”

And then there was a burst of gunfire. She screamed and fell silent.

That began a desperate rescue attempt by medics with the Palestinian Red Crescent, one of many during the war in Gaza and one that ended Saturday with the discovery of their ambulance, blackened and destroyed.

• Sad 1

On 2/9/2024 at 5:43 PM, owl sees all said:

Ok! Let's be specific shall we.

You think the Israeli intelligence didn't know about boring hundreds of metres of tunnels? This was a surveillance system that would know if a porcupine got anywhere near the prison fence.

The deliberate 6/7 hour delay in dealing with the prison breakout and the tunnels, all point - for anyone paying attention - to this all being long planned. It was what the IDF, and those pulling the strings, wanted all along. An excure to begin the complete removal of non-Jews from Gaza and - IMO - the whole of Palestine. The specific break-out incident was the trigger to unleash the genocide. Backed up fully  by the US, UK and Germany.

I agree 100% with you. I concluded long ago, and I might have posted such at the time, that the plan was in place and just waiting for an excuse to put into action.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I agree 100% with you. I concluded long ago, and I might have posted such at the time, that the plan was in place and just waiting for an excuse to put into action.

@thaibeachlovers

You sure do like your conspiracy theories.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/9/2024 at 6:44 PM, owl sees all said:

It is getting sadder and sadder with the few blind posters left supporting the Genocide. It's a moral dilemma to put them on ignore or call them out.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It is getting sadder and sadder with the few blind posters left supporting the Genocide. It's a moral dilemma to put them on ignore or call them out.

I don't think supporting Isreal means supporting genocide.

Just as supporting Palestine does mean supporting Islamic terrorists,  or does it?

• Thumbs Up 2