Thai Minister Threatens Serious Legal Action in Child Exploitation Cases in Pattaya

snoop1130

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

a German suspect who allegedly sexually abused a 15-year-old girl

https://www.france24.com/en/20200629-germany-investigates-30-000-suspects-as-online-paedophilia-probe-widens

He is not alone .

A lot of Pedophiles in Germany .

Germany is investigating 30,000 suspects as part of a probe into an online paedophile network, the latest in a series of child sex abuse scandals that prompted authorities to promise a crackdown.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53224444

German officials are investigating 30,000 suspects in connection with an online paedophile network.

The inquiry began last year when a 43-year-old man was arrested near Cologne for allegedly raping his daughter and sharing video of the abuse.

That initial arrest led police to uncover a sprawling network of suspects - just over 70 of whom have since been identified - in Germany.

Local officials have called the discovery "deeply disturbing".

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

nothing been done about the exploitation of kids in the last 15 yrs of traveling to and living in Thailand kids still roaming the bars late at night selling gum/flowers/fruit, typical Thailand  cant see whats under their noses until it hits the international news then the Ministers are coming out of the woodwork making promises that they have no intention of keeping, just make a big song and dance until things die down

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Classic Ray said:

Unless Even if dedicated squads are set up to eliminate child exploitation, with powers and funding to deal with the problem, nothing will change here due to corruption and collusion.

There. Corrected it for you. And I agree. Talk is cheap and corruption pays more.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Those that speak and make promises don't actually do anything. The Minister has spoken, made his recommendations, and his job is done. Anything that happens later is not his responsibility. You, I, he and everyone else knows that what is said will be ignored and will not be unenforced, but that is not the point. He has acted, done what he considers to be his job, while actually doing nothing. This happens all the time, at least once a week. Someone makes a declaration and the next day it's ignored and forgotten. But that person has done their job by 'acting'.

Sad reflection on local society as a whole! I feel they digress by the day! 

[SARCASM]

It's good news that the RTP are cracking down on this brand new phenomenon of child sexual exploitation in Pattaya, better nip this one in the bud before the City gets a reputation for it. We wouldn't want foreign news channels like the BBC describing our beloved City as an 'industrial scale brothel', after all. It's also a good job that this interest in underage sex is entirely confined to Pattaya, and could never happen anywhere else in Thailand.

[/SARCASM]

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, jimn said:

Oh come on now. The age of consent is 15 in Thailand and they cloud over it by saying its 18 between Thai and Foreigner. Its a grey area to say a 15 year old is being sexually abused.

15 year olds in a bar is not a grey area, it's 100% illegal a girl needs to be 20 to go into a bar

section 9 prostitution act 1996

If the offence under the first paragraph is committed against a person over fifteen years but not over eighteen years of age, the offender shall be punished with imprisonment of five to fifteen years and a fine of one hundred thousand to three hundred thousand baht. If the offence under the first paragraph is committed against a child not over fifteen years of age, the offender shall be punished with imprisonment of ten to twenty years and a fine of two hundred thousand to four hundred thousand baht

Edited by proton

32 minutes ago, proton said:

15 year olds in a bar is not a grey area, it's 100% illegal a girl needs to be 20 to go into a bar

section 9 prostitution act 1996

If the offence under the first paragraph is committed against a person over fifteen years but not over eighteen years of age, the offender shall be punished with imprisonment of five to fifteen years and a fine of one hundred thousand to three hundred thousand baht. If the offence under the first paragraph is committed against a child not over fifteen years of age, the offender shall be punished with imprisonment of ten to twenty years and a fine of two hundred thousand to four hundred thousand baht

Lol if thats the case then you can go and remove all the 15 to 20 year olds working in bars in Pattaya quite a high percentage by the way. Also all the Thai karaoke clubs across Thailand frequented by Thai men. My wife of 9 years was 19 when I met her working in a gogo, by that definition I am a criminal.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jimn said:

Lol if thats the case then you can go and remove all the 15 to 20 year olds working in bars in Pattaya quite a high percentage by the way. Also all the Thai karaoke clubs across Thailand frequented by Thai men. My wife of 9 years was 19 when I met her working in a gogo, by that definition I am a criminal.

That IS the case, not as you claimed a grey area. You married a 19 year old bar girl, how old were you? You were a criminal as was she according to the law. You might think it's a joke, that German guy will not be thinking so now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Former Thai senator and MP candidate denies involvement in child prostitution

A 15 year old girl who was rescued from prostitution accused a former high-ranking politician of buying sexual services from the teenager. The politician in question is identified as a former senator and Pheu Thai Party candidate.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/former-thai-senator-and-mp-candidate-denies-involvement-in-child-prostitution

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, jimn said:

I married her when she was 22, not 19, in any case, whats it got to do with you. I take it you are a purist who has never visited Pattaya and live in Nakon Nowhere. I am 36 years older than her and we have a great relationship both in Thailand and in the UK when we visit family and friends.

Why put ages on an open forum if it's nothing to do with anyone else? but are happy to let us all know you married a bar girl and you probably think she married you for love. So you were 58 when you married and she was 22 -when she won the lottery, not that is has anything to do with the topic of course.

You claimed a 15 year old bar girls is a grey area, it's not and as an old sex tourist seeking out young girls in bars you, and others, really ought to know that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, proton said:

So you were 58 when you married and she was 22 -when she won the lottery,

Seeing they have been happily together for 9 years, how they met seems to have little relevance on their relationship. I would say HE also won the lottery because not too many 67 year old men have a 30 year old wife they are happy to be together with. Most sad old men with a 30 year old women by their side are paying a fee on a nightly basis with no relationship involved.

another promise: file it under and wait your turn for action : soi dogs/noisy motorbikes/beach scams/children driving motorbikes//dirty beaches//double pricing//... and all previous promises ....how many did I miss 

1 hour ago, proton said:

Why put ages on an open forum if it's nothing to do with anyone else? but are happy to let us all know you married a bar girl and you probably think she married you for love. So you were 58 when you married and she was 22 -when she won the lottery, not that is has anything to do with the topic of course.

You claimed a 15 year old bar girls is a grey area, it's not and as an old sex tourist seeking out young girls in bars you, and others, really ought to know that.

take away the $$$ and see how long she'll lasts by your side..... 3 months max.. and on with the next