How long an actual 60 minute be actual massaging?

DonniePeverley

24 minutes ago, bradiston said:

So you hire a girl on Thai friendly. You going to bonk for an hour and then she's out the door? When does the clock start? Is undressing included or not? Shower before and after? She's on the metre, same as a massage. Included in the one hour is essentials for hygiene etc. That's my take. Can't see how you can benefit from a clock watching exercise. It's supposed to relax you.

bonking is different to a shop massage

28 minutes ago, bradiston said:

So you hire a girl on Thai friendly. You going to bonk for an hour and then she's out the door? When does the clock start? Is undressing included or not? Shower before and after? She's on the metre, same as a massage. Included in the one hour is essentials for hygiene etc. That's my take. Can't see how you can benefit from a clock watching exercise. It's supposed to relax you.

Short time is not an hour.

Its chit chat, maybe a beer.

Both shower.

Get the <deleted> done.

Pay her Bt.1000.00 for the taxi.

Say goodbye.

13 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

bonking is different to a shop massage

Now he tells me! 🤣 Well sure, but anything on the clock is a bit fuzzy in my experience. I know my masseuses. It really doesn't worry me if they time it from toe tweak to neck snap, or whatever. If it's a good massage, 50 or 60 minutes... Does it matter that much?

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Those are the old regulations...  they were updated with: Regulation NE14ABJ  a decade ago.

According to the United Thai Masseuses and Allied Trades Union codes of practice, 1993 and revisions, the clock starts at the masseuse's discretion if and when she fancies the job. Foreigners pay a surcharge cos they're mostly big buggers.

I used to make sure they would see me looking at my watch when I had repeat short sessions.  I only go for two hours and I have noticed some girls go half speed on a double length session so that's another scam.  I found a very good shop recently and they set a timer just before starting and give a solid two hour session.  Not worth arguing over. There are plenty of shops around.  A few weeks ago I requested two hours at a shop I had had good sessions with routinely.  A new girl spent 30 whole minutes trying to dislodge my kidneys from their appropriate position and the same very annoying song was on a loop.  I just got up tossed down 300 baht and walked out.  I won't be back. Spent the next two days in agony.  My body my choice. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

I always tip. But come on, how can you commence the tipping relationship when she is cutting back ?

Did you mention it when you were leaving.  I hve run into that a few times.  Once mentioned it to the lady in charge told the girl she was short.

I know that with a oil massage time in shower is part of it.

I agree though the farther away from tourist traps the better also if you go to the same spa just mention it and ask why it seemed so short.  Usually, they will tell you and you can move on from there

21 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

I've noticed last few weeks (as things have gotten busier), that the time keeping from some of these 'masseuses' is get a tad cheeky. 

Finished a massage the other day, and i thought to myself "that was quick", but as i didn't note the time down i shrugged and walked off (honestly felt like i had only a 40 minute massage). 

Today though, i went for a 60 minute massage and i felt ripped off. The lady in question only gave me a 48 minute massage as i fully checked my watch. She did take her time in bringing the bucket to clean my feet - IS THIS included in the massage timing? 

My point being is the timing of the massage beginning when she touches your skin, or when you walk into the premises?

Sorry for being pedenatic, but worth keeping an eye out for lol

A typical Cheap Charlie Question:post-4641-1156694572:

Note: A one Hour Massage includes shower, washing the Feets, take the Clothes off/on (incl Shoes😉)

Edited by ujayujay
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LikeItHot said:

I used to make sure they would see me looking at my watch when I had repeat short sessions.  I only go for two hours and I have noticed some girls go half speed on a double length session so that's another scam.  I found a very good shop recently and they set a timer just before starting and give a solid two hour session.  Not worth arguing over. There are plenty of shops around.  A few weeks ago I requested two hours at a shop I had had good sessions with routinely.  A new girl spent 30 whole minutes trying to dislodge my kidneys from their appropriate position and the same very annoying song was on a loop.  I just got up tossed down 300 baht and walked out.  I won't be back. Spent the next two days in agony.  My body my choice. 

Wow, this forum never ceases to amaze me. The pettiness, the bitterness, the stinginess.

You have one body. If you need it all massaging in an hour they need to get a move on. If you want the same body massaging in two hours then they need to go slower, don't they?

Throwing down money and storming out is pretty pathetic and pitiful. And people like you complain the Thais are not smiley and friendly - it's because they dread to see you walk through the door.

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

a lady with a poor work ethic

Does her "stolen" time even amount to $2?

These are mostly older women, probably single moms, doing an unpleasant job of sheer tedium and drudgery. They're lucky if they see even half the massage fee. I expect a sub par experience on the cheap going in, rendered by minimally trained, disinterested ladies, and I am seldom disappointed.

What incentive does a 50 year old broke and tired woman have to excel? It's a biz where repeat customers are few, and provides a mere pittance at best when they do very infrequently occur.

Relatedly, on my corner there is a happy ending place with various tantric wanks on the menu. My favorite option is the offer to have 3 diff women do you one after another, while you are blindfolded.

I'm convinced that it's actually the same women, perhaps wearing heavy shoes for one massage segment to convince you otherwise, and using different, Monty Python-eque voices throughout to sustain the illusion.

Edited by Prubangboy
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

Does her "stolen" time even amount to $2?

These are mostly older women, probably single moms, doing an unpleasant job of sheer tedium and drudgery. They're lucky if they see even half the massage fee. I expect a sub par experience on the cheap going in, rendered by minimally trained, disinterested ladies, and I am seldom disappointed.

What incentive does a 50 year old broke and tired woman have to excel? It's a biz where repeat customers are few, and provides a mere pittance at best when they do very infrequently occur.

Relatedly, on my corner there is a happy ending place with various tantric wanks on the menu. My favorite option is the offer to have 3 diff women do you one after another, while you are blindfolded.

I'm convinced that it's actually the same women, perhaps wearing heavy shoes for one massage segment to convince you otherwise, and using different, Monty Python-eque voices throughout to sustain the illusion.

Generally the ladies are good, you seem a bit out of touch, the ones doing less than 60 mins are usually newbies

They seem to use clocks that run on 1.5X speed, the irony is that they also charge like 300B + for 1 hour nowadays, performing a <deleted>ty job. I'd still rather go to the traditional shops with old ladies, or on the weekend markets, where you pay just 100-150B for the same, and get an actual proper foot massage.

It's really with everything, same as food, ah it only increased from 40B average to 50-60B average, yeah, but it's also half the portion with few pieces of chicken in it nowadays. Thailand is really not a cheap place anymore, affordable sure, but certainly not cheap.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

20 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Generally the ladies are good, you seem a bit out of touch, the ones doing less than 60 mins are usually newbies

The majority does less than 60 minutes unless you agreed to pay for the additional services, which they are only really interested in, lol.

On 12/12/2023 at 2:36 AM, pgrahmm said:

There are places I've gone (and not returned to) that seem to run on 40/45 minute hours, or a 20 minute break at the end of the first hour of a two hour massage.....

I've found that the further away from the tourist belt, the more honest (and better) massage quality & timing is.....

I always do 2x 1 hour for this reason on purpose, also with different people or if possible even places. They always get spoiled in Thailand if you think to be a 'loyal customer'.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

In retrospect, I agree with your astute observation.

My newcomer Thai life attitude is that I find them charming in being a little slack in all ways and have some empathy that they're making such low dollars. 

But if I'm still here a few years from now, I can def see myself shifting more into your column.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2023 at 2:13 AM, Nemises said:

Spoken like a true cheap Charlie. What a sad person you are :crying:

What rubbish you talk. I actually always tip, massage, petrol stations, everywhere. My POINT which you entirely missed in your rush to spew invective was that the tip is not to hope you get better service next time, it's to show appreciation for the service you received. Idiot.

On 12/12/2023 at 3:11 AM, Nemises said:

Give a better tip and your problems will disappear - the next time you visit her. 

That is what I do up here in the north.  Oil massage is 300B per hour . I have 1.5 hours and give her 500B. I usualy get an extra 10 interesting minutes.

On 12/12/2023 at 2:38 PM, Gottfrid said:

Nah, I think the OP refused happy ending, and that´s why it was only 48 minutes. I know, it´s only 12 minutes, but I believe all petty complainers come quick.

12 minutes would be a marathon for most of these guys.