Does Santa Claus Exist? Evidence For and Against the Proposition?

GammaGlobulin

Santa Claus mythology comes from old shamanic tradition in Finland - Ural region. Santa Claus represents the red and white Amanita muscaria mushroom. It is collected in summer and dried to be used in a shamanic tradition in the darkest time of the year. The gifts one receives are made of light and wisdom. You might even see Santa's elves at their work but its not toys they're making. 

10 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

Believing in Santa is a lot healthier than believing in a God. I can't think of any persons killed, maimed or tortured in the name of Santa.  There have been many holy wars, intifadas and the like; but not one Santa Yuletide War!

More people killed in the name of god than killed in the name of Satan.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, damian said:

I dress up as Santa and drive around our village on a samlor with a huge box of snacks dishing them out to kids screaming after me on bikes or on foot while holaring ho ho ho.  

The looks on their and their families faces is priceless and I love doing it each year. They always ask is leung santa coming this year?

You, Sir, are my hero.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, damian said:

I dress up as Santa and drive around our village on a samlor with a huge box of snacks dishing them out to kids screaming after me on bikes or on foot while holaring ho ho ho.  

The looks on their and their families faces is priceless and I love doing it each year. They always ask is leung santa coming this year?

Most know it's me but the little ones are not sure and I love that. The mums and dads go snap happy with their phone cameras. 

I am putting on a full roast with all the trimmings for local friends on 24th evening under the night sky and cool air. Santa will be there of course. Technically. 

Firstr few years I used to leave presents at houses after eveyone went to bed.  Parents used to tell GF to thank me and she just looked at them asking what for. LOL

Only stopped because they all grew up.

3 hours ago, damian said:

Most know it's me but the little ones are not sure and I love that. The mums and dads go snap happy with their phone cameras. 

I am putting on a full roast with all the trimmings for local friends on 24th evening under the night sky and cool air. Santa will be there of course. Technically. 

A truly uplifting Christmas Story, if there ever was one.

And, this time, I am not joking.

And, this comment of mine is in NO WAY irony.

If everybody on this forum were like you, then....

I would have, probably, nothing to post about.

I would not even be able to think up a decent Topic, if everyone were like you.

You are the Good Santa.

And therefore, it strikes me that there should be MORE guys like you in this world.

And, conversely, it also strikes me that there should be FEWER guys like me in this world.

So, of course, I prefer the film, Bad Santa.

The film appeals to my baser nature, I guess.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

Nicolas was an early christian bishop in Asia Minor who allegedly gave gifts to an impecunious family at Christmas. This legend was mixed up with Northern European year's end/new year mythology and exported to USA with European immigrants. There the business community saw an opportunity for profit and invented the modern Christmas.

9 hours ago, cdemundo said:

If Santa didn't exist how do you explain the missing milk and cookies?

It was always my big brother that scoffed the whole lot after I had gone to sleep. It took me years to catch on to the scam and now i have a lifetime anxiety about milk and cookies! No there is no bloody santa!! :cheesy:

11 minutes ago, Maybole said:

Nicolas was an early christian bishop in Asia Minor who allegedly gave gifts to an impecunious family at Christmas. This legend was mixed up with Northern European year's end/new year mythology and exported to USA with European immigrants. There the business community saw an opportunity for profit and invented the modern Christmas.

Unfortunately, there are so many impecunious members of our societies in America and Thailand, and in other countries, that I just hope the more pecunious members of humanity, namely the super rich, such as all members of the the Walton family, will play Santa this year and open their Walmart stores to the public with 99-percent reductions in prices, across the board. In effect, the Walton family needs to start giving everything back to the impecunious amongst us, from whom the Walton family gained obscene wealth.

Unfortunately, I would bet that the members of the Walton Family don't have quite enough Christmas Spirit in order to do such a thing.

Fortunately, everybody will get their just deserts in Heaven, after Santa has completed his list concerning those who have been either naughty or nice down here, below the North Pole....