Analysis: ‘House Arrest’ For Privileged Convict Thaksin Imminent

webfact

9 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

I expected this to happen next february .

Only hope that the thai people do not forget about the stolen election and broken promises .

And vote this corrupt clan out .

In Thailand the rich can buy ' their ' justice .

Just like in some ' banana republic ' .

And then , they want to be taken for serious on the international political scene ...

Nothing is fair or correct or according to the law here .

The law is for the poor and not ' connected ' people only .

Just a bad joke ...

Please enlighten me on the "stolen election".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

I don't mind a bit of regency now and again to be honest  however I freely admit I am in no way a connoisseur !  Its a while since I drank any but I seem to remember on the bottle that it once won some sort of award 20 odd years ago.  I still find it very unlikely that it is seen as a threat by other established companies who produce brandy , and at 600baht a bottle, I doubt producing a bottle of it on arrival at  party involving the higher echelons of Thai society would garner any respect . 

I think you have either: missed my point ( which for one who presents himself as well versed in Tha matters is surprising) or you are trying to get me to say something which would be, let us say, unwise.

11 hours ago, 2baht said:

Well, who'd have guessed that? 🙄🙄🙄 And the masses responded with....silence! I think they deserve all they get for being so submissive, I mean, 68 million who just bend and cop it? No sympathy here! :whistling:

Hm,...Maybe those masses know exactly how things work out here and know there are powerless to change anything about it.

Also be amazed then with USA.

Were doing investigation on murder of journalist and then stopped in change for oil.

Suriname, a soldier killed several journalists (1982) and became president. He killed some more, was active in drugs, weapons and so on. So now after 41 years !, maybe go to jail. He doesnt want to go to jail, so kill himself or run to Venezuela?

Australian government let refugees rot on an island and or in detention centers. There is also a negative report on bad behavior of Australian soldiers in Afghanistan somewhere in a drawer.

"My"country (government) bombs an ammunition factory and kill 70 innocent people. 

Do I need to go on?  What do you want?

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

I think you have either: missed my point ( which for one who presents himself as well versed in Tha matters is surprising) or you are trying to get me to say something which would be, let us say, unwise.

No I wasn't trying  to get you to  say anything "unwise" I would never do that,     and I did get your point, obviously nothing more need be said in that respect, I was  merely reflecting on Regency which whilst I find it ok its nothing special, I am surprised any of the Elite here  would lower themselves to drinking it at a mere 600 baht a bottle, Its like us drinking Lao Khao

I do genuinely wonder how the  adverts are allowed on TV. in view of the rather strict advertising regulations that   Chang and leo have had to be rather more inventive to circumnavigate 

To be honest If I do present as being better versed in Thai matters than some on here ( which i'm sure you would agree isn't difficult) it isn't intentional    I keep my eye on the ball as much as possible and on rare occasions  i may  (mistakenly)  feel like I have it almost partly  sussed but inevitably I am soon  brought back down to earth. Normally by the missis.   I am fully aware I will never really understand  anything that happens here.  and I freely admit it

• Thanks 1

This ridiculous sham plays on in glorious dishonesty. A comedy of corruption from the tippy-top on down. Bad actors...all. Sickening...but this sweet deal was bought and paid for before this jerk-off ever stepped foot back on tainted Thai soil. Otherwise he'da stayed OUT. I will say tho...gotta give Thailand the award for blatant "in-yo-face" lies and deception. Damn near in par with that thing call Trump.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Obviously, that is no surprise.

What I still find amazing that Thai people again and again vote for (often the same) corrupt politicians and then they somehow expect to have an honest and competent government. That is mission impossible. Is that really so difficult to understand?

To be fair, it’s not always the people they vote for who get to form the government.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

No I wasn't trying  to get you to  say anything "unwise" I would never do that,     and I did get your point, obviously nothing more need be said in that respect

Fine, there are those who from time to time play that game! I got my fingers burned a few years ago after reacting to one in particular!

17 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

The trough is well funded with the 76billion they stole off P'Thaksin.

What's this P'Thaksin rubbish??? Thaksin is a convicted criminal who deserves no respect....P'Thaksin :hit-the-fan::whistling: Stay out of the sun Ralfy, you are going troppo!

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/17/2023 at 10:05 PM, Ralf001 said:

Many are pro-Thaksin and will rejoice when P'Thaksin is finally released from the shackles.

But is this about the equal application of the law as per the constitution not popularity? 

Let's be honest it's just one massive legal con that only cements endemic corruption as the center point of the Thaialnds entire legal framework...and yet Thailand still struggles to understand why so many foreign criminals can be found residing within its borders.  It's fairly clear that a corrupt and broken legal process and system is one the soft powers that Thailand excels in. 

• Agree 2

20 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

10's of millions of Thai's champ.

Time to take you sheeple head out of the sand.

I think you need to get up to speed. Once in the past perhaps at the height of TRT popularity, now it's far far fewer as the last election results showed. He is far less popular and influential than he once was. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, jonclark said:

I think you need to get up to speed. Once in the past perhaps at the height of TRT popularity, now it's far far fewer as the last election results showed. He is far less popular and influential than he once was eh steve? . 

27 minutes ago, jonclark said:

I think you need to get up to speed. Once in the past perhaps at the height of TRT popularity, now it's far far fewer as the last election results showed. He is far less popular and influential than he once was. 

Got a link to back your claims ?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, jonclark said:

But is this about the equal application of the law as per the constitution not popularity? 

Let's be honest it's just one massive legal con that only cements endemic corruption as the center point of the Thaialnds entire legal framework...and yet Thailand still struggles to understand why so many foreign criminals can be found residing within its borders.  It's fairly clear that a corrupt and broken legal process and system is one the soft powers that Thailand excels in. 

Way to take my post out of context.

you win a gold start.

• Sad 1