Fast Track thru Suvarnabhumi

11 hours ago, jimmybcool said:

Hi all,

I arrive in January.  I have a Tourist Visa from online application for a 60 days stay.  What I am wondering is if there is a way to avoid the lines at immigration (if there are any) and sail thru.  I am flying business class with Cathay Pacific.  In the old pre-Covid days one would get a card that allowed business class passengers the luxury of shorter immigration lines.  Last few years I have not seen this happen.

To be honest I have not had issues with long lines but this trip I arrive late morning and it could be busy.  I am also getting older and standing in line hurts a bit on my man made knees and hip.  I'm willing to pay a little bit to avoid rubbing elbows with the smelly public.  :biggrin:

Info greatly appreciated.

In the old days you had to pay to depart through the priority lane, so the check-in girl would give you a voucher so you wouldn't have to pay. The IOs collected the vouchers so they could charge back the airlines. Now your boarding pass will say business class on it.

5 hours ago, khunjeff said:

This particular Fast Track lane is no longer available to First/Business Class pax.  The sign has been changed, and the officer on duty at the door will send you to the Premium Lane next to the Thai Citizen lane.

Correct, this is where Premium Class pax are now sent. Just show your Business Class boarding pass - no additional voucher or payment required.

I was wondering about this. The last time I arrived, the IO at the door of the fast lane blocked my way and tried to send me elsewhere upon seeing my business class boarding pass. But he let me in when he saw I was over 70.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Thanks for all the replies.  Some very entertaining.  I didn't realize the fast track lines were open to business class since they no longer hand out the card on the plane.  That is all I need.  Not yet 70 and still able to walk well enough to pass on a golf cart and head directly to the short line.  Which works for those of us used to shorter buses.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

That's inexcusable, I take it you paid extra for the porter service?

Edit: I think that's the same company we used when booking but it was in January 2020 so a few years back.

Yes, and I confirmed they would bring her right through and stay until she was handed over at the meeting point. 

She's nearly 80 and was flying business, so she had fast track access anyway.  It was the buggy and porter I was paying for.

She does get disoriented in big airports these days after a long flight.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, khunjeff said:

This particular Fast Track lane is no longer available to First/Business Class pax.  The sign has been changed, and the officer on duty at the door will send you to the Premium Lane next to the Thai Citizen lane.

Correct, this is where Premium Class pax are now sent. Just show your Business Class boarding pass - no additional voucher or payment required.

the post above has the current status for business class.  halls 1 and 3 now have 'premium lanes', can't use hall 2 (fast track).  i went through in early november.  i was refused at hall 2 back in may and went through the regular line as i didn't notice any premium lanes. 

19 hours ago, nauseus said:

And ask the airline to organize it.

I've done that(wheelchair request) with Bangkok Air from Phnom Phen > Bkk. It's very tedious as I tried to explain my "spinal stenosis" to the agent.She finally agreed when she realized I was 72 at the time. I was on the phone for over 45 minutes.Persevere and It will work.I can walk just fine but only for about 10 minute segments and then I need a quick sit down somewhere and the long lines at the a/p would do me in.555

50 minutes ago, buick said:

the post above has the current status for business class.  halls 1 and 3 now have 'premium lanes', can't use hall 2 (fast track).  i went through in early november.  i was refused at hall 2 back in may and went through the regular line as i didn't notice any premium lanes. 

Yes. My earlier post was incorrect.

And this change is confirmed by several airlines' information pages.

ANA for example:

In accordance with the instructions from the airport authorities, Business Class passengers currently cannot use FAST TRACK Arrivals 2.
They should instead use one of the priority lanes within the inspection areas Arrivals 1 and 3.

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/th/travel-information/airport-and-city-info/bangkok/

sbia_bkk_arr.jpg

16 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Yes. My earlier post was incorrect.

And this change is confirmed by several airlines' information pages.

ANA for example:

In accordance with the instructions from the airport authorities, Business Class passengers currently cannot use FAST TRACK Arrivals 2.
They should instead use one of the priority lanes within the inspection areas Arrivals 1 and 3.

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/th/travel-information/airport-and-city-info/bangkok/

sbia_bkk_arr.jpg

This is very useful.  I have a couple friends live there and both told me I could use fasttrack with my biz class boarding pass.  I might still give it a go but now I know I can use priority if that fails.  Thanks

On 12/28/2023 at 11:44 AM, ukrules said:

That's inexcusable, I take it you paid extra for the porter service?

Edit: I think that's the same company we used when booking but it was in January 2020 so a few years back.

I used Bangkok VIP Limousine fast track service a couple of times inbound and outbound. I was quite happy with them as a single traveller. Then I think they had to shut down, then came Covid. It looks like Klook next time in.

5 hours ago, BusyB said:

I used Bangkok VIP Limousine fast track service a couple of times inbound and outbound. I was quite happy with them as a single traveller. Then I think they had to shut down, then came Covid. It looks like Klook next time in.

They're working again, won't meet you at the gate tho, you have to go to D5 near the ramps to immigration, 1250 baht, all good.

• Thanks 2

On 12/28/2023 at 7:45 AM, bamnutsak said:

In business class, yes, Priority lane/aka Fast Track between the east and west arrivals entrances. Show your boarding pass.

Also available to all over 70 years old.

img_0011_4027e10a72cde281f752fa56fb5b66ffccdd5ad2.jpeg

fasttrackbkk.jpg

I must have flown into BKK 30+ times over the years and i have never noticed this fast track lane how long has it been there ?

• Like 1

On 12/27/2023 at 4:45 PM, bamnutsak said:

In business class, yes, Priority lane/aka Fast Track between the east and west arrivals entrances. Show your boarding pass.

Also available to all over 70 years old.

img_0011_4027e10a72cde281f752fa56fb5b66ffccdd5ad2.jpeg

fasttrackbkk.jpg

Mice conferences? Long Stay, like O/A visa? When was that promised?

I was a Thailand Elite member before

Even the airport used to have a huge gold theme "Thailand Elite" sign over  fast track Immigration desks but had hassles accessing unless I was accompanied by the airport greeting staff known as Elite Personal Assistant. Same experience trying to get thru expedited security on departure. 

I used the fast track lane on my flight out of Bangkok in October on the strength of my LTR visa. A pillbox with my sleeping pills had remained in my trouser pocket so they had me hand it to them. They then went on to LOSE it for me. They must've thrown it into another passenger's basket, like staff at baggage check often casually throw things around without checking to whom it belongs. I walked back after realizing it was missing and found them putting into a lost item plastic bag. First time in my life I nearly lost an important item at any  baggage check. I hope fast-tracking will bring me more luck in the future.

Edited by JackGats
  • Sad 1

On 12/28/2023 at 7:29 AM, kimothai said:

If you are in business class you can use fast track.  Just take your boarding pass with your passport.  If you are 70 or older you can use fast track.  If you have and LTR visa you can use also.

I have never hear of such a good reason to save ones boarding pass before.

I use mobile boarding passes as much as possible  if they give me a paper one it goes into the garbitch in a lavatory. 

15 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Long Stay, like O/A visa? When was that promised?

I think the photo above is dated, here is what it looked like in April. As you can see they dropped First / Business class and changed ‘Long stay’ to LTR. Since a couple months they usually have an immigration officer there that by default tries to keep people out. Even with my LTR and separate APEC card at one time I was refused, probably IO ignorance. 9/10 it works just fine. No queues, and multiple booths.

Mind you, over on the departure side it still has ‘Long stay’ as well as F and J class. 🤷 

IMG_4672.jpeg

IMG_9325.jpeg

Edited by aublumberg
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, GypsyT said:

So people come to stay for ever or for 3-6 months vacation and 1h delay at BKK is a major problem?

When I paid for 5 year Thailand Elite  membership one benefit promising fast track at BKK airport I would rather not wait 1hr yes !

Edited by Captain Monday

4 hours ago, it is what it is said:

in all my years here the longest i've ever had to wait is maybe 30 minutes, usually much less.

Agree. But we know there have been long delays/meltdowns at BK at times well documented by media.

Once I saw at least 50 people lined up at fast track so the Elite Personal Assistant guided us through the Air Crew line near where the highest level Immigration officers are ensconced. 

9 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

When I paid for 5 year Thailand Elite  membership one benefit promising fast track at BKK airport I would rather not wait 1hr yes !

I hear you but look: They eliminated not only you but also MICE....

MICE on Fast Track.png

14 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Can't fast track your bag tho...

Even in Biz class luggage takes way to long to reach the carousel.