What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

9 hours ago, giddyup said:

Not sure what the point of To Catch a Copper is, seems there's no repercussions for anything bad the police do.

If you're talking about episode 2, I don't really think the cops did much wrong at all TBH.

Edited by Will27
  • Agree 1

On 2/1/2024 at 4:55 PM, Will27 said:

Revenge: Our Dad the Nazi Killer 

In the late 40s, Holocaust survivors emigrated to Australia via boat. On those same boats were 800 Nazis and Nazi collaborators from the Baltic states, given safe passage by ASIO despite their known history of war crimes. 

When three Melbourne brothers: Jack, Jon and Sam, stumble upon a family secret, they embark on a journey to uncover the truth. Allegedly, their father Boris, a WWII Partisan and Holocaust survivor, travelled from Melbourne where he had settled after the war, to Sydney in the late 1950s to undertake a revenge killing against a Nazi. With the help of a private investigator, the brothers unearth an unexpected web of Nazi networks, covert Jewish vigilante groups, and multiple cases of Nazis who mysteriously died or disappeared in post-WWII Australia. The further they delve into the past, the more the brothers are left to grapple with mounting evidence and uncomfortable truths about a father they thought they knew.

A thrilling documentary that deals with deep questions of morality — including taking justice into your own hands — and dares to ask whether we ever really know our parents.

Thanks for recommending this, as I watched it and thought it was very good, and although slightly off topic, but still related, it added to my knowledge of the persecution and murder of the Jews.

I say this because I have read many instances where people have suggested that it was only the German "Nazis" who were doing the killing, and I had no idea that Lithuanians and Latvians were also culpable in the murders. In addition, other people, mainly Germans, have stated in the past (and one German in my workplace said the same to me) that the everyday German knew nothing about the concentration camps and the persecution and slaughter going on, yet there are many archives of this period which show everyday German citizens dragging Jews from their homes and shops and attacking them. 

Hitler and Nazism were a akin to a cult......say no more!

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Will27 said:

If you're talking about episode 2, I don't really think the cops did much wrong at all TBH.

Seems to me the program is nothing but police propaganda. There's hundreds of YouTube videos showing the police abusing their powers and acting like Nazis and complaints fall on deaf ears.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Seems to me the program is nothing but police propaganda. There's hundreds of YouTube videos showing the police abusing their powers and acting like Nazis and complaints fall on deaf ears.

And there're millions of police interactions not on YouTube that go perfectly fine. 

Do you have an example of the "...hundreds of YouTube videos showing the police abusing their powers and acting like Nazis and complaints fall on deaf ears."? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, xylophone said:

Thanks for recommending this, as I watched it and thought it was very good, and although slightly off topic, but still related, it added to my knowledge of the persecution and murder of the Jews.

I say this because I have read many instances where people have suggested that it was only the German "Nazis" who were doing the killing, and I had no idea that Lithuanians and Latvians were also culpable in the murders. In addition, other people, mainly Germans, have stated in the past (and one German in my workplace said the same to me) that the everyday German knew nothing about the concentration camps and the persecution and slaughter going on, yet there are many archives of this period which show everyday German citizens dragging Jews from their homes and shops and attacking them. 

Hitler and Nazism were a akin to a cult......say no more!

The movie I had recommended shocked me too as I did not know how bad some of the Belgium citizens treated Jews.

Netflix dark ww ll thriller, Will

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

And there're millions of police interactions not on YouTube that go perfectly fine. 

Do you have an example of the "...hundreds of YouTube videos showing the police abusing their powers and acting like Nazis and complaints fall on deaf ears."? 

There's literally hundreds, do a search for auditors Britain.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

The movie I had recommended shocked me too as I did not know how bad some of the Belgium citizens treated Jews.

Netflix dark ww ll thriller, Will

The movie/series is base on novel (fiction) by Jeroen Olyslaegers.   It's not a documentary.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

The movie/series is base on novel (fiction) by Jeroen Olyslaegers.   It's not a documentary.

There is little doubt that some local citizens of all occupied countries collaborated, whilst there was a resistance by some as well.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

There is little doubt that some local citizens of all occupied countries collaborated, whilst there was a resistance by some as well.

Not only citizens. The local governments were often involved too.

11 hours ago, giddyup said:
12 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Thanks @giddyup & @Seppius. I missed @Seppius's original post (Sunday) which mentioned The Promised Land. Downloading now from TGx.

Make sure it comes with subs.

Thanks. My first download was from YTS and when I opened it up, there were no subs at all. The second download from TGx does have subs.

Sanctuary: A Witch's Tale

Based on the novel by V.V. James, Sanctuary: A Witch's Tale is set in a contemporary world where witchcraft is real. It takes place in the idyllic English town of Sanctuary, where for hundreds of years witches have lived peacefully, as valued members of society.  until...

an ok story when you have nothing rlse to watch... as is the case right now... damn only glimmer is HALO

anyways... i'm a supernatural/sci-fi fan and i thought the story was watchable

Finders Keepers

i am not enjoying this show, despite watching it, because i find it already has too many loose ends that in the end will be difficult to tie up. murder, robbery, complicit people validating alibis...

On 2/8/2024 at 8:57 AM, Yellowtail said:

Check reddit bad_cop_no_donut

• Thumbs Up 1

Canadian police drama series starting to drop first episode.

Allegiance follows on identity and belonging, policing and politics, and finding truth within the heart of a flawed justice system. Sabrina Sohal is a star rookie police officer who must grapple with the limits of the justice system as she fights to exonerate her politician father Ajeet Sohal. Sohal serves her diverse hometown of Surrey alongside Vince Brambilla, a veteran training officer who sees her potential but doesn't always agree with her forward-thinking methods. Allegiance is the story of a young woman caught between her allegiance to her flag, to her badge, and to her family

image.thumb.png.ee57b78944ef39b84e64a3ecc7ea32f5.png

• Like 2

For fans of quality international cinema, may I suggest Desda Alla (From Afar).

It's technically gay themed but not very explicit, and it's really a movie for all that like good movies and it's got an ending twist that will blow your mind.

The full movie is on youtube but no subtitles.

Reviews incredible:

From Afar (2015) - Metacritic reviews - IMDb

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

For fans of quality international cinema, may I suggest Desda Alla (From Afar).

It's technically gay themed but not very explicit, and it's really a movie for all that like good movies and it's got an ending twist that will blow your mind.

The full movie is on youtube but no subtitles.

Reviews incredible:

From Afar (2015) - Metacritic reviews - IMDb

It's in Spanish with no subtitles? 

I.S.S.  ... enjoyed it, liked the plotline, so rolled the dice, even though 4.6 IMDB rating when downloaded, now 5.4 rating, (3.4k).   Not a action movie, just human reaction to circumstance.  Good time killer, and I didn't FF through it, a good sign :coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA

Have just watched, "Mr Bates vs The Post Office" and thought it was bloody brilliant, a bit of a tear jerker at times and with great British acting. Made my evening, so, many thanks to whoever recommended it!

• Agree 2

coming soon 25/02/2024

The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live

The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live presents an epic love story of two characters changed by a changed world. Kept apart by distance. By an unstoppable power. By the ghosts of who they were. Rick and Michonne are thrown into another world, built on a war against the dead

I almost stopped watching any of the walking dead original/spin offs. they mostly ended up with too many characters and sub-plots branching off that it became tedious to watch.

the new one with The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon started off and ended ok.

hope this new one wont suck

• Like 1