What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

Homicide: New York, a new Netflix documentary series from Wolf Entertainment, the creator of Law & Order. Real cops, real crimes. 5 episodes. 5 different crimes.

The same group of detectives and prosecutors revisit their most challenging homicide cases in this chilling true-crime documentary series.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, recom273 said:

A new couple of “new” Nordic series - s04 of wisting seems pretty polished with an orchestral soundtrack and a s03 of deadwind

Currently watching Tokyo vice which is pretty cool and bodies from a while back

Thanks for the heads up @recom273 . I hope season 3 of Deadwind is as good as seasons 1 & 2. Haven't watched any of Wisting, so looking forward to that. I haven't come across a bad Nordic crime drama yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Passenger, season 1 complete already out,something unnatural happening in the English countryside?

Gentleman from Moscow, period drama set in the Russian revolution, looks interesting. 

Just downloading American Rust season 2.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Passenger, season 1 complete already out,something unnatural happening in the English countryside?

Gentleman from Moscow, period drama set in the Russian revolution, looks interesting. 

Please let us know if you enjoy Gentleman from Moscow. I saw it trending but am undecided if I want to download it based on the trailer.

Enjoyed episode 1.

In Parish, Esposito stars as Gracian “Gray” Parish, a family man and proud owner of a luxury car service in New Orleans. After his son is violently murdered and his business collapses, an encounter with an old friend from his days as a wheelman resurfaces old habits, sending Gray on a high-stakes collision course with a violent criminal syndicate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/30/2024 at 2:16 PM, BritManToo said:

Watched all six, I don't know why, ending was bad

On 3/31/2024 at 8:50 PM, Will27 said:

Enjoyed episode 1.

In Parish, Esposito stars as Gracian “Gray” Parish, a family man and proud owner of a luxury car service in New Orleans. After his son is violently murdered and his business collapses, an encounter with an old friend from his days as a wheelman resurfaces old habits, sending Gray on a high-stakes collision course with a violent criminal syndicate.

Not for me. I found it to be totally formulaic, bordering on boring.

Edited by giddyup

On 3/23/2024 at 7:01 AM, bamnutsak said:

I'm watching this on Netflix, which offers an English-language subtitle option.

I can't imagine watching it without subtitles.

I did read the first book in the series.

The thirty-ep Chinese TV version gets mixed reviews, although it is exactly like the book.

So far I'm liking this telling of a complex, and quite frightening, arc which starts with the oft-quoted Fermi Paradox.

Didn't like it all. The brilliant scientists selected to save the world happen to be one black, one Mexican, one Asian, and a white guy who gave up science to make potato chips. Lots of melodrama, not much action. Dumbed down version of the book (although I couldn't make it through that either)

11 hours ago, Seppius said:

Gentleman from Moscow

I can not even find that on IMBD   let alone as a download---where did you see it Seppius ?...I know the Author & liked other books he has written.

1 hour ago, jaywalker2 said:

Didn't like it all. The brilliant scientists selected to save the world happen to be one black, one Mexican, one Asian, and a white guy who gave up science to make potato chips. Lots of melodrama, not much action. Dumbed down version of the book (although I couldn't make it through that either)

Watch the 30 eps original Chinese version ... 8.9 IMHO 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ozz1 said:

Im liking shogun very good beautifully shot never saw the original so im enjoying it the Japanese girl lead is beautiful and it a interesting look into Japanese history even if it's partly fiction

totally agree. i watched the original after John Drake said how great it is... quite frankly it sucked.

new one is so much better in all aspects

btw the starlet is in another series

Monarch: Legacy of Monsters

she is even cuter in this show... and the whole series is pretty good

Edited by Pouatchee

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

Sorry - you're correct.  Wasn't there a Mr. T character in a long-running series?

“Mr T” was in the A-Team & I believe they made a TV series called “Mr T” in the 80s. 

I quite like Professor T, easy watching. 

Found a great movie in BBC iPlayer, but probably elsewher also, called, "Just Mercy"........a disturbing yet heart-rending movie based on a true story. Well worth a watch IMO; IMDB 7.6 rating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"History" as entertainment.

Americans anyway will know at least a little about the assassination of savior of the Union Abraham Lincoln and his assassin John Wilkes Booth the actor while attending Our American Cousin at Ford's Theater.

But there is so much more to the story.

I think this one is well worth a watch but you will be asking yourself just how historically accurate is it?

How Accurate Is 'Manhunt'? The True Story Of Abraham Lincoln's Assassination (variety.com)

SPOILER ALERT: This article discusses plot twists from the premiere episode of “Manhunt.”

The assassination of Abraham Lincoln was one of the biggest turning points in American history, and the new Apple TV+ series “Manhunt” examines the behind-the-scenes drama of a wartime government thrown into further chaos. Edwin Stanton (Tobias Menzies) leads the series as Lincoln’s close confidant and secretary of war, who goes on a mission to track down John Wilkes Booth (Anthony Boyle) after he shoots President Lincoln (Hamish Linklater). The seven-episode series is based on executive producer James L. Swanson’s nonfiction book “Manhunt: The 12-Day Chase for Lincoln’s Killer,” and episodes will be released weekly after the first two debuted on March 15.