Democrats argue Biden is underestimated

CharlieH

37 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Nobody voted for Biden based on his popularity. Ever. Nor will they. Ever.

Biden did not get elected because he was more popular than Trump.

If Biden's dog Major stood against Trump he would win. And he bites people.

And trips up his master. 

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Are you staking your reputation on your belief that the polls won't change as the election nears?

Of course they'll change.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, illisdean said:

Obviously another Q-Anon loser.

LOL, that's the best ya can fester out of the CPU, time for a new processor, you are in the twilight zone with that lame ole phrase. Time to move on to the next TDS based hoax and brainwashing scheme, this Q-Anon fixation wreaks of desperation on those who flog it across the spectrum. 

Edited by illisdean
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Makes sense. 

Nonsense.

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Nobody voted for Biden based on his popularity. Ever. Nor will they. Ever.

Biden did not get elected because he was more popular than Trump.

Not surprising. You guys don't understand this. The left vote party. The right vote the person. That's a fundamental difference. Ask yourself why the left prefer constitutional lawyers and senators while the right prefer movie stars and reality tv stars.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, illisdean said:
1 hour ago, illisdean said:

Obviously another Q-Anon loser.

LOL, that's the best ya can fester out of the CPU, time for a new processor, you are in the twilight zone with that lame ole phrase. Time to move on to the next TDS based hoax and brainwashing scheme, this Q-Anon fixation wreaks of desperation on those who flog it across the spectrum

You always criticize yourself like that? 555

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I think that he will have a health issue close to the election date which means he has to gracefully retire and then a done deal Democrat will come to the fore and be a shoe in for the anyone but Trump brigade. Not announcing it now allows Trump to keep digging his holes and thinking that Sleepy Joe is the candidate. It will be a stunning bait and switch come the moment. Maybe Michelle Obama on a buy one get one free deal. 

Why stop there? Michelle Obama and Oprah rah rah rah ( sarcasm alert )

Biden just opened his campaign as heard on radio news. Attacked Trump as expected, but doesn't he have anything to say about himself and why he is a better deal than Trump? Apparently not, though I might have missed it- would have been a very short list.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, retarius said:

I'm an American and I vote. I will never in a million years vote for this corrupt, woke, anti-democrat, who hires incompetents to mask his own cognitive failure. We need laws to stop people like him ever getting elected. The worst President we have had in my lifetime. 

Sooooo, you are saying Nixon, with his illegal war on Cambodia,  and Bush the younger, who took the US into a war based on lies ( WMDs? ) which cost thousands of lives were better presidents. Seriously?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why stop there? Michelle Obama and Oprah rah rah rah ( sarcasm alert )

Biden just opened his campaign as heard on radio news. Attacked Trump as expected, but doesn't he have anything to say about himself and why he is a better deal than Trump? Apparently not, though I might have missed it- would have been a very short list.

It was Jan.6 anniversary. 😊

8 hours ago, Woof999 said:

Did you ever take a look at Trump's schedule? Typically didn't take first meet until 11am, filled much of the rest of the day with "executive time", time in which he says he was hard at work but insiders report as him watching TV. 3 hours work per day sure does sound better than 5.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42610275

He criticised Obama for the amount of golf he played, then played even more himself.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-defends-golf-trips-falsely-claims-less-than-obama-2020-7

Deflection. Topic is Biden.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2024 at 4:27 AM, candide said:

More Biden's failure! 😃

U.S. payrolls increased by 216,000 in December, much better than expected

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/05/jobs-report-december-2023-payrolls-increased-by-216000-in-december.html

Typical underperformance reported as a good thing by democrats... hiring is still trending at all time lows so comparably is NOT SO GOOD. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Typical underperformance reported as a good thing by democrats... hiring is still trending at all time lows so comparably is NOT SO GOOD. 

Let's parse that a little, from the link:

The December hiring boost as reflected in the Labor Department report came from a gain of 52,000 in government jobs and another 38,000 in health care-related fields such as ambulatory health-care services and hospitals. Leisure and hospitality contributed 40,000 to the total, while social assistance increased by 21,000 and construction added 17,000. Retail trade grew by 17,000 as the industry has been mostly flat since early 2022, the Labor Department said.

On the downside, transportation and warehousing saw a loss of 23,000.

Retail and construction and health care grew.  Yay.  Good news.  But warehousing and transportation shrank.  Could that be because there's less stuff being made and moved around?  Maybe just the end of the Christmas rush...  And maybe the Christmas rush explains retail growth?

52,000 new gub'ment jobs.  I hardly call that good news for taxpayers.

Leisure and hospitality, could those be associated with all the hotels accommodating millions of illegals?   On the gub'ment dime?   Social assistance sure sounds like gub'ment funded work...

What they neglected is the downward revision in a couple of the previous months' numbers.  A recurring theme, so we really never know... 

And the biggest omission.  216,000 jobs added (with not so many outside of gub'ment remit).  Against about  300,000 new workers entering the country, mostly illegally.  That sounds to me like more unemployed than at the beginning of the month.

So yeah.  I'd agree.  Not good news.

I wonder what the unemployment rate would be if they counted the millions of newly minted (albeit illegal) workers?

Edit:  Wannabe workers.

Edited by impulse
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, impulse said:

Let's parse that a little, from the link:

The December hiring boost as reflected in the Labor Department report came from a gain of 52,000 in government jobs and another 38,000 in health care-related fields such as ambulatory health-care services and hospitals. Leisure and hospitality contributed 40,000 to the total, while social assistance increased by 21,000 and construction added 17,000. Retail trade grew by 17,000 as the industry has been mostly flat since early 2022, the Labor Department said.

On the downside, transportation and warehousing saw a loss of 23,000.

Retail and construction and health care grew.  Yay.  Good news.  But warehousing and transportation shrank.  Could that be because there's less stuff being made and moved around?  Maybe just the end of the Christmas rush...  And maybe the Christmas rush explains retail growth?

52,000 new gub'ment jobs.  I hardly call that good news for taxpayers.

Leisure and hospitality, could those be associated with all the hotels accommodating millions of illegals?   On the gub'ment dime?   Social assistance sure sounds like gub'ment funded work...

What they neglected is the downward revision in a couple of the previous months' numbers.  A recurring theme, so we really never know... 

And the biggest omission.  216,000 jobs added (with not so many outside of gub'ment remit).  Against about  300,000 new workers entering the country, mostly illegally.  That sounds to me like more unemployed than at the beginning of the month.

So yeah.  I'd agree.  Not good news.

I wonder what the unemployment rate would be if they counted the millions of newly minted (albeit illegal) workers?

Edit:  Wannabe workers.

Good parse... but way over the typical democrats head... 555

Agree with title of the thread.   Biden is way too unfit to serve as president.

The only amazing part is, they are actually considering propping him up to serve another 4 yrs.  Brilliant if they can pull it off, but doesn't say much for the voting publics intelligence.

That's scary, let alone harris as VP, being next in line when the inevitable happens.   Be a great comedy script it it was so sad.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Agree with title of the thread.   Biden is way too unfit to serve as president.

The only amazing part is, they are actually considering propping him up to serve another 4 yrs.  Brilliant if they can pull it off, but doesn't say much for the voting publics intelligence.

That's scary, let alone harris as VP, being next in line when the inevitable happens.   Be a great comedy script it it was so sad.

Your opinion vs reality.

Tell us about Trump's fitness.

download.jpeg

2 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Please provide a link showing hiring at an alltime low.

Here's a hint: hiring is at lows when people are being laid off.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Your opinion vs reality.

Tell us about Trump's fitness.

download.jpeg

A 3 yr can do that, and didn't fall over.  Not sure I want her running the govt either :cheesy: 

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Please provide a link showing hiring at an alltime low.

Here's a hint: hiring is at lows when people are being laid off.

It's in the link that you posted if you had bothered to read and comprehend what you were linking other than linking only for the headline... 

11 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

It's in the link that you posted if you had bothered to read and comprehend what you were linking other than linking only for the headline... 

Nope. Nothing in the linked story about hiring at an alltime low.

Please explain why you believe that hiring could possibly be at an alltime low when lots of jobs are being added?

Perhaps you are having a flashback yo the Trump presidency when so many people were laid off....