British man arrested in Phuket over violent tuk tuk altercation

webfact

19 hours ago, Seppius said:

This story is going to be interesting to follow, I wonder why he felt the need to carry a weapon

Perhaps this wasn't his first journey in a Phuket tuk-tuk, either that or Small Richard Syndrome?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

17 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Would like to see a reenactment. How can one hit someone with a 'hidden firearm', unless the firearm was hidden in his shirt sleeve...

Forearms are usually kept in a holster behind in the small of one's back, secured into the waste band of one's shorts. 

• Confused 1

Looks like Phuket is taking over from Pattaya on the number of criminals

Involved in incidents involving Brits and Russians 

Police and Immigration need to find these people and jail and deport 

Don't want Thailand getting a bad name 😱

• Haha 1

This incident sparked concern among residents and tourists alike, highlighting the need for increased security measures and stricter regulations for foreign visitors, particularly during the high-tourism season.

You would think the regulations concerning gun control etc. were for everybody, not just tourist?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

Should we assume that this is an expat Brit? Why would a tourist feel the need to buy and have a gun with them on their holidays?

Way more to this story than we know for now.

The story mentions that a passport was found at his accommodation. I expect the details could be discerned from that, though the reporting may be snafu.

2 hours ago, Expat Tom said:

Why would a Brit have a gun. Being a Brit, I probably has no idea how to use it. Are we sure that I hit this "Mate"

with a gun? I would be more likely that he hit his fellow Brit with his purse. 

Clearly a Brit because he used the gun as if it were a bottle or a glass ... 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, ChipButty said:

We never do, we have to make up our own story, 

Or we could just admit that we don't know and go on with our lives...  nah.  This is more fun!  :-). Happy new years everyone

• Haha 1

It's bad enough with the escalation of Thais toting and brandishing firearms... But when foreigners are emboldened to take the same path, Thailand is going to have to finally admit they have a gun problem. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

No mention about the woman partially shown in the right hand side of the picture. I don't think we're getting the full story.

White man bad.  End of story.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Maybe the Russian tourist bashers, should direct their ire to the British tourist, as seem to make the headlines a bit more.  A bit concerning considering they're supposedly out numbered here by them pesky Ruskies.

Just an observation.

On topic ... perp no too gun savvy.  Or POS gun ... drop the mag out of it :giggle:

Strange - you don’t (or won’t) mention your own nationality - looks like you have an axe to grind!!

2 minutes ago, bizboi said:

Strange - you don’t (or won’t) mention your own nationality - looks like you have an axe to grind!!

Yanks don't make the news much here.  Could be the reason.

Now, since you mentioned, who has that axe to grind ?

Google 'brit arrested thailand', then 'american' then 'russian'

... nuff said

arrival #s up to and part of Nov 2023:

RU ... 1.4M

USA ... 1.1M

UK ... didn't make the top 10, but get a bit more negative press

Just an observation, but the anti RU, CH, USA, IN folks, may want to focus their bigotry / ire to different nationalities.

Doubt will happen, as I suspect most vocal board members are British.  I get along with, and avoid everyone equally :coffee1:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, UbonEagle said:

Nice stay in Bangkok Hilton then life ban hopefully for another wannabee gangster 

We will never know, court cases never get reported, or a brown envelope will get him back to Blighty

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Expat Tom said:

Why would a Brit have a gun.

Yeah, that´s something I always wondered too. They don´t need it, as they are professionals at talking people to death.

• Haha 1

"This incident sparked concern among residents and tourists alike, highlighting the need for increased security measures and stricter regulations for foreign visitors, particularly during the high-tourism season."

It is these type of criminal scumbags that potentially ruin it for the rest of us including retirees with harsher, punitive style measures that could also cost us all more.

There is a 'non-snitching' culture promoted amongst many underclass, criminal elements, and others thinking it's ok for bad people to operate their illegal businesses and to just turn a blind eye.  Then people becoming hesitant to report over fear of being labeled a 'snitch'. 

Personally, any scum carrying a firearm with loaded ammunition in public needs to be reported, arrested, imprisoned and deported being permanently black listed. And any other piece of garbage criminal who also risks the reputation (through stereotyping and generalizations) of foreigners. The bikie OMCG arrests recently has potentially already caused harsher measures for all living here. 

• Thumbs Up 1