Pattaya: Pathway hazard caused by parked cars, potholes, and uneven tiles

webfact

image.jpeg

Locals and tourists found themselves grappling with perilous pathways along Pattaya‘s Second Road, turning the once-bustling path into a hazardous route.

Haphazardly parked cars, potholes, and uneven blocks create a challenging terrain for pedestrians, but that’s not all – advertising signs and encroaching vehicles add to the chaos, further squeezing the already tight walkway.

The epicentre of this safety crisis is the northern stretch of the Second Road walkway, where baht-buses, motorcycles, and cars contribute to the mayhem, leaving minimal space for pedestrians to manoeuvre. Unlawfully blocked sidewalks have become an everyday challenge for foot travellers, jeopardising safety and convenience in equal measure.

As Pattaya’s popularity continues to draw a diverse influx of tourists, urgent action is imperative to address these escalating issues and overhaul pedestrian footpaths, reported Pattaya Mail.

by Puntid Tantivangphaisal

Photo courtesy of Pattaya Mail

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-01-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

Uneven Tiles due to uneven Cement work beneath the Tiles visible all over  Pattaya, classic example  is the foothpath approach to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital...........

Edited by actonion

27 minutes ago, actonion said:

Uneven Tiles due to uneven Cement work beneath the Tiles visible all over  Pattaya, classic example  is the foothpath approach to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital...........

It is more to do with poor drainage than anything else, the subsoil gets saturated and moves.

Difficult to see in a concrete jungle but out here in the country at the moment our soil is like talcum powder and when the rain comes it will be like walking on quicksand.

When I had the house built about 15 years ago the builder said the architect had gone over the top with the footings but unlike many other houses in the area we haven't had any movement.

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

It is more to do with poor drainage than anything else, the subsoil gets saturated and moves.

Difficult to see in a concrete jungle but out here in the country at the moment our soil is like talcum powder and when the rain comes it will be like walking on quicksand.

When I had the house built about 15 years ago the builder said the architect had gone over the top with the footings but unlike many other houses in the area we haven't had any movement.

and let us not forget that the poor drainage even makes lit up signs (with electric trip wires) glide into the pathways, and scooters too. I'd ask "where are the useless cops to get rid of those hazards" but better question might be "Where are the useful cops? We already know where the useless ones are....."

Is this supposed to be news? it's been the same for many years and still nothing is done, and we are expected to pay for any hospital treatment needed, not the incompetent people who cause it. It's all a conspiracy by heath care providers init. :whistling:  

6 hours ago, webfact said:

diverse influx

What does the "diversity " of the tourists have to do with solving the problem? 

People love to work those woke words into almost every article. Complete nonsense (or they're paid by the word). I'm surprised they didn't get something about "climate change" in there as well. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Is this supposed to be news? it's been the same for many years and still nothing is done, and we are expected to pay for any hospital treatment needed, not the incompetent people who cause it. It's all a conspiracy by heath care providers init. :whistling:  

The bottom line is you cannot get major economy standards from the Thai GDP.

It is a question of facing reality, If Thailand were to get serious on health and safety many would be heading for the airport.

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The bottom line is you cannot get major economy standards from the Thai GDP.

It is a question of facing reality, If Thailand were to get serious on health and safety many would be heading for the airport.

Maybe if they stopped spending on unnecessary things like subs, and the vast military, and that guy who cannot be mentioned, and just did the job correctly in the first place without all the kick backs it would improve, but it ain't going to happen in my life time. 

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:

They should blindfold some of these officials and make them walk these pavements.. maybe they will understand what life is like for the elderly, frail, visually impaired or blind people.

Do they only think of themselves?

Walk the pavement, don't make me laugh.

Very dangerous to walk  around in Pattaya. Potholes, broken tiles, uneven pavements, low hanging signs  and cables, motorbikes and cars not stopping for crosswalks etc. 

Edited by Lenthai
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Do they only think of themselves?

They're Thai.  Check out EVERY Railway Road junction log-jammed by selfish, brainless, Thai drivers adhering to the National motto 'ME FIRST'.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Maybe if they stopped spending on unnecessary things like subs, and the vast military, and that guy who cannot be mentioned, and just did the job correctly in the first place without all the kick backs it would improve, but it ain't going to happen in my life time. 

I first came in 1999 and came to live in 2008, been vast improvements since those days, even a blind man could see that but those that can see only have to look at the exchange rate.

People would prefer to forget there used to be times when you couldn't use public toilets as the water had been cut off. They just want to keep the best of the old days, in particular the cheap prices, then complain about everything else.

Bit arrogant for anyone to think they can tell another country how to run the economy, but there are some nations that think they have a god given right.