Thaksin suffers heart valve disease and rarely has visitors : Chaichana

snoop1130

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

You folks amaze me with your belief that a secure location could be just walked into.  It's not a regular hospital it's a prison hospital, with secure wings.

Fish head soup???

• Confused 2

16 hours ago, keith101 said:

If it's true why didn't he have an operation while living overseas instead of coming back here , my grandson had a heart operation before he even had his first birthday and the problem was quite severe and is still taking medication 4 years later for the condition 

I think Mr. Taksin owns one of the best hospitals in Bangkok and may have been intending an operation there?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Awwww...  poor you, fragile little thing... You got butt hurt in the other thread when I called out your Thai Bash and now you want to retaliate in an attempt to score a point.

In this case the 'Thai-bash' (or rather bash at the corruption surrounding Taksin's incarceration) is valid...    Can you prove he really is ill ?? 

No... I thought not... None of us can...

He flew in to Thailand and days later had a heart condition that allows him to stay in an area that is far more comfortable than a prison cell, if he's even there at all... 

....   that doesn't raise your eyebrows ???....  

Oh you poor deluded thing. I don't give a flying <deleted> about posts on here. You attempt to convey the impression that you are a rigorous, knowledgeable and thoughtful chap whop can tell the difference between belief and knowledge. You are simple as media influenced and based as the next guy. I pity you. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

If you had billions, would you fly on a private jet without a medical team or trained physician with such a condition?

How do you know that he didn't have a private medical team and trained physician travelling with him off camera?

There is more than one seat in a private jet which can hold at least 10 people in luxury and the interior can be completely configured to the owners requirements including bed and medical machinery

Are you privy to information unavailable to the rest of the world?

Are you, at last, a reliable source that is not the rantings of a fevered imagination:cheesy:

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Awwww...  poor you, fragile little thing... You got butt hurt in the other thread when I called out your Thai Bash and now you want to retaliate in an attempt to score a point.

In this case the 'Thai-bash' (or rather bash at the corruption surrounding Taksin's incarceration) is valid...    Can you prove he really is ill ?? 

No... I thought not... None of us can...

He flew in to Thailand and days later had a heart condition that allows him to stay in an area that is far more comfortable than a prison cell, if he's even there at all... 

....   that doesn't raise your eyebrows ???....  

How do you know that he didn't have a pre existing heart condition where all treatment has failed and returned to his homeland to die?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, RobU said:

How do you know that he didn't have a private medical team and trained physician travelling with him off camera?

Were the medical team and trained physicians invited to Hun Sen's birthday party too?

Kinda risky going to Cambodia with such a condition, even Hun Sen himself didn't get treated there, but went to Singapore instead.

:cheesy:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

I have the same----function 80% OK , thinking of getting a new valve put in which now is quite easy---no more open heart ---the new Janna Valve, invented 2 years ago, is replaced up through main artery it adjust to whatever size is needed.

I'm aware Jena announced results with a small trial in 2023 to secure funding for a larger trial to seek US FDA approval. Unless I am mistaken, I think that this valve for aortic valve replacement is not yet approved in the US, but has a CE mark in the EU. CE marks often require little data.

If the valve is not approved here, it could be used for 'compassionate use' here in Thailand in patients with severe AR with approval from authorities. I don't know that hospitals in Thailand yet have access to the Jena valve, but maybe you have looked into it. 

I'm a cautious chap and tend not to rush into new technology, especially implanted into vital organs. I worked in healthcare all my working life and tend to want to see smaller studies verified by long term studies, preferably with demonstrated outcomes, before using them in my own body. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, retarius said:

If the valve is not approved here, it could be used for 'compassionate use' here in Thailand in patients with severe AR with approval from authorities. I don't know that hospitals in Thailand yet have access to the Jena valve, but maybe you have looked into it. 

Retarius, all hospitals have access to Jenna Valve--- Khon Kean --Issan , The one I am thinking of having the procedure done at, is on its 9th operation, There are many copies of the Jenna Valve --therefore many different names , But this operation is being done all over Thailand---and you go home the same day. Not quite sure where your info is from.

Health Articles

The Details of Valve Replacement Surgery in Thailand.

Surgery to replace or repair heart valves has advanced to the level that it’s now performed every day around the world.

One of the hospitals most practiced in valve replacement surgery in Thailand is Vejthani Hospital in Bangkok.

Edited by oxo1947

For what it is worth I for the first time in over a year walked fifty meters this morning carrying but not using a cane. Us elders can indeed have “ conditions” that incapacitate us long term.

The Thai government likes to ballyhoo the “ world class” medical treatment available here. Perhaps a factor in Mr. T’s decision to return?

I am amazed at the number of “ experts” ( has been drips under pressure) on this forum pontificating about Thaskin’s condition.

Sometimes the “ powers” actually tell the truth, however inadvertently.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

Retarius, all hospitals have access to Jenna Valve--- Khon Kean --Issan , The one I am thinking of having the procedure done at, is on its 9th operation, There are many copies of the Jenna Valve --therefore many different names , But this operation is being done all over Thailand---and you go home the same day. Not quite sure where your info is from.

Health Articles

The Details of Valve Replacement Surgery in Thailand.

Surgery to replace or repair heart valves has advanced to the level that it’s now performed every day around the world.

One of the hospitals most practiced in valve replacement surgery in Thailand is Vejthani Hospital in Bangkok.

Thanks for this, yes of course, valve surgery is fairly old hat andJena have a history with heart valves.

But there are different valves in the heart, I think the most common valve replacement is mitral valve replacement although I haven't looked upon the numbers. The case we are discussing here is a person with a specific issue ie Aortic Regurgitation (AR), where the aortic valve does not seal properly and is therefore not patent (ie leaky), resulting in blood from the aorta regurgitating into the left ventricle.

The new Jena valve is specifically for this condition, AR.  Other valves for the aorta may have issues with size (the aorta expands and contracts). The revolutionary thing about this valve is that it expands and contracts with the aorta and therefore is supposed to be much less likely to leak. It sounds logical, so why not develop it? I am not trying to imply in any way that it isn't a great treatment. 

My point is simply that CE marks are easy to obtain, and require little (sometimes no) human data, and that it may be worthwhile to wait until a full and, I believe, more rigorous US FDA approval is obtained since they, FDA, have requested such a larger and longer study to secure approval in the US.

I may be wrong and this device may be being implanted put into thousands of patients daily in Thailand, if Jena have been able to use the CE mark to secure registration for the device in Thailand. I was involved once in a project for an implantable device for bones, and after discussion with the CE people, they proposed we undertake a study in 4 sheep in a clinical study for approval, although to be fair, the small number was due to ethical considerations for the animals involved. I may be biased but I didn't develop and especially high regard for CE marks....they are ok for car seats for kids but for implantables for humans, I have some doubts. I guess I trust the FDA more than I trust a CE mark, because I am American. 

Edited by retarius

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is just a game - I'm surprised its being played so slowly.

I think I read earlier on that he has to spend a certain length of time incarcerated before he can be discharged for home detention...that period of time must be close to ending

1 hour ago, retarius said:

No need for doctors any more is there, just google your condition and decide everything. Does he have high blood pressure as well? How do you know that?

Probably never read this news before as you would know that at first the indication was high blood pressure now it are different things. I am not a doctor, but you can read what the disease is and what treatments are possible... The doctors will decide, but you get informed instead of not knowing what you talk about

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Kwaibill said:

The Thai government likes to ballyhoo the “ world class” medical treatment available here. Perhaps a factor in Mr. T’s decision to return?

You really think a Billionaire, came back to face a jail sentence because the medical facilities in Thailand would be better then --Harley Street --or New York, Switzerland etc.

Anyway well done for doing 50 meters without a cane---hope you go on improving. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Probably never read this news before as you would know that at first the indication was high blood pressure now it are different things. I am not a doctor, but you can read what the disease is and what treatments are possible... The doctors will decide, but you get informed instead of not knowing what you talk about

You are right, you caught me out, I have never read anything about this thing with Thaksin. I had simply forgotten he had HT, I have early stage Alzheimers.

8 minutes ago, retarius said:

I have some doubts. I guess I trust the FDA more than I trust a CE mark, because I am American. 

retarius---The JenaValve = which is referred to as Trilogy Heart Valve System--or  TAVR is used extensively in America

How many people have had a TAVR procedure in the US?

Market Size (Year–2022)     147,493 Procedures

16 hours ago, retarius said:

My point is that the chap making the claim, knows nothing other than what is reported in the media. And we have all seen that and drawn our own conclusions. It is ludicrous to suggest that a poor man from Isaan jailed for 5 years for picking wild mushrooms get this sort of treatment....they'd let him die. Perhaps if you went out and became a billionaire (in USD) then perhaps you would get special treatment too. 

dont all very rich people get that? Isn't being able to pay for the best (including medical treatment) one of the perks of being rich? Isn't that what seperates the lives of the wealthy from the lives of everyone else? 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

House Committee denied access to hospitalised ex-PM Thaksin
by Mitch Connor

image.jpeg

Chaichana Detdecho leading the panel for addressing this concern | Photo taken from Bangkok Post

A visit to the Police General Hospital by members of the House Committee on police affairs was met with resistance yesterday, as they were denied access to the hospitalised former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

The committee’s objective was to verify if Thaksin was indeed under treatment at the hospital, following approval for the visit granted on Monday.

The committee, led by the chairman and Democrat MP for Nakhon Si Thammarat, Chaichana Detdecho, arrived at the hospital located in the Pathumwan district at 10am. The team had previously coordinated with the hospital to organise the inspection and verify the standard of care provided to inmates, including Thaksin, who is 74 years old.

According to reports, Thaksin was admitted to the 14th floor of the hospital on his return to Thailand on August 22. The committee’s visit was conducted under the guidelines of Section 129 of the Constitution, which gives the committee the right to investigate matters that stir public suspicion.

A letter was sent to the national police chief, Police General Torsak Sukvimol, who supervises the hospital, by Chaichana seeking permission for the inspection. The committee was keen on examining the hospital’s procedures for treating inmates and ensuring that all prisoners receive equal treatment.

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-01-13

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Were the medical team and trained physicians invited to Hun Sen's birthday party too?

Kinda risky going to Cambodia with such a condition, even Hun Sen himself didn't get treated there, but went to Singapore inste

He is a billionaire, do you really think he would not have a personal medical team and equipment as part of his retinue? Once again I beg you to tell us how you obtain this highly privileged information that no other organisation in the world can obtain.  You are a genius:cheesy:

Edited by RobU
Typo
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, retarius said:

This is theatre, the people arranging this have nothing but contempt for people....they don't care what you or me think

"...they don't care what you or me think".

Of course, they don't, there's no reason for them to care one iota about what anonymous foreign Asean Now posters think and there's no reason for foreign AN posters to get so hot and bothered about the subject to the extent that they appear to think that they can demand what Thai authorities do about the matter.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

17 hours ago, retarius said:

It is ludicrous to suggest that a poor man from Isaan jailed for 5 years for picking wild mushrooms get this sort of treatment..

Who was that and was he requiring, but denied, the same hospital treatment?   

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:
17 hours ago, billd766 said:

Would you even know you had such a condition?

If you had billions, would you fly on a private jet without a medical team or trained physician with such a condition?

If that person wasn't aware of the seriousness of the condition, yes, of course, he may.

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is just a game - I'm surprised its being played so slowly. I thought he'd be in the comfort of his own home by now, under 'private medical care too expensive to be paid for by the state'.

It is being played slowly now simply because he has time to kill before his sentence is served, or overturned by some miracle of cronyism.

It certainly didn't play out slowly in the beginning, the man was charged and managed to avoid spending even one full night in prison -- I don't doubt that his police hospital accommodation is more than comfortable, he must be enjoying the time with his former police colleagues from the Academy's Class 26

Edited by n00dle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1