British and Russian Motorcyclists Collide in Pattaya

webfact

2 hours ago, Celsius said:

I guess there was no sex that night. Will they hook up later? 

Always curious about these scenarios.

Doubt he'll get the bar-fine back, if that's what you're thinking !:smile:

There's no mention of it... 

... But how pished up was the Brit ????

At that time of night my bets are over the limit and three-sheets to the wind.....   probably no helmet either.

... probably no licence to ride too, not that this influences the standards of riding here, but could imply an illegal rental as theoretically rental companies cannot legally rent out motorycles to those without a motorcycle licence (something that is of course, never enforced).

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Someone else on a bike cuts you off and you know their nationality ???????  :clap2::whistling:

The uniform is always a sure giveaway. Somehow the arrogance comes through, but I'm not sure how. An instinct, I guess, from my having lived in Pattaya so long.

Edited by BigStar
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, mancub said:

Doubt he'll get the bar-fine back, if that's what you're thinking !:smile:

Don't insult wealth. The man just recently congratulated himself on his cash and how well he's done.

Edited by BigStar

6 minutes ago, BigStar said:
9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Someone else on a bike cuts you off and you know their nationality ???????  :clap2::whistling:

The uniform is always a sure giveaway. Somehow the arrogance comes through, but I'm not sure how. An instinct, I guess, from my having lived in Pattaya so long.

To be fair, you're probably more correct in your profiling than incorrect, also, that as there are so many Brits in Pattaya you have a higher statistically probability of being right than wrong (when observing caucasians on motorcycles).

... Attitude, cargo-shorts, tats certainly fits a stereotype...    But the general slur would be insulting to many Brits who don't fit that mould.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

To be fair, you're probably more correct in your profiling than incorrect, and that as there are so many Brits in Pattaya that statistically more right than wrong... 

... Attitude, cargo-shorts, tats..    But the general slur would be insulting to many Brits who don't fit that mould.

I applaud those who don't fit that mold, as this one did. :)

5 hours ago, Darksidedude said:

spot on is what it is 

If their only trying to make money, then why do they let the cops shake down tourists who rent bikes with the old 'this licence no good' scam. My UK licence with full motorcycle use was confiscatedc 4 times till I stopped renting any bikes (even scooters) as the BIB pissed me off once to offen with their income generation schemes.

Edited by Ricardo99
Typo
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, thesetat said:

The rental bike business booms there in Pattaya without any checks to see if the driver actually knows how to drive a motorcycle. Then these same drivers become overconfident and drive stupidly and fast or recklessly causing accidents. They deserve their injuries and the hefty fines they will soon have to pay for the damage they caused. In other countries you actually need a special license to drive or rent motorbikes. Thailand should adopt a safer attitude towards this. Perhaps change all the motorbike rentals to bicycles. Pattaya is not that big of a city that you could not get anywhere on a bicycle easily enough. 

How about the people renting the bikes embracing a sense of self-responsibility, understanding one's own capabilities, and refraining from driving under the influence?

8 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I always like to drive as I started riding bikes when I was 16, in fact brought my own bike on my 16th birthday.

I bought my first motor bike when I was 17 some 54 years ago a CB 250. I love riding but don't like driving. I also found that biker's are some of the nicest people that I've  met.

In U.S.A, a Law was passed where motorcycles and bicycles are prohibited from overtaking cars on the road in cities with less than 50,000 inhabitants. If you overtake a car or change lanes, know you are uninsured.....

Edited by Paris333
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Ricardo99 said:

If their only trying to make money, then why do they let the cops shake down tourists who rent bikes with the old 'this licence no good' scam. My UK licence with full motorcycle use was confiscatedc 4 times till I stopped renting any bikes (even scooters) as the BIB pissed me off once to offen with their income generation schemes.

You are required to have an IDP.....it is not the renters responsibility to  check this. It costs the massive sum of £5.50.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 8:30 AM, mikebell said:

'Mr. Dmitrii Bordiug, a Russian national, suffered only minor injuries, declining medical assistance, and remained at the scene waiting for authorities. According to Mr. Bordiug’s translated account,'

Russian National AKA draft dodger.

Who did the translating?

If he is a draft dodger, good for him.

On 1/13/2024 at 8:25 AM, scubascuba3 said:

I feel for the girls who have to get on the back with these type of farang, drunk or crazy or both

I would agree. After that accident she will be forced to ask for less money until her injuries are healed. Unless she got scarred badly that is. . Either way she lost a lot more than just her customer for the evening. 

On 1/13/2024 at 2:18 PM, Ricardo99 said:

Didn’t they stop taking licences years ago? 

On 1/13/2024 at 1:20 PM, richard_smith237 said:

There's no mention of it... 

... But how pished up was the Brit ????

At that time of night my bets are over the limit and three-sheets to the wind.....   probably no helmet either.

... probably no licence to ride too, not that this influences the standards of riding here, but could imply an illegal rental as theoretically rental companies cannot legally rent out motorycles to those without a motorcycle licence (something that is of course, never enforced).

There’s a helmet pictured next to him…

• Thanks 1