Lazada Again.

NoshowJones

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yup... I get you... 

Before Christmas, over half of what I ordered was cancelled... Refunds where fast, but that wasn't the issue, time was. 

I found that when I ordered something for the 'best price' I could find, the order was cancelled (and refunded) after a few days or a week, but I could still find exactly the same items, exactly the same photos, exactly the same worded comments etc from another vendor... 

It became apparent to me that there was some sort of 'baiting' going on where, you select a cheaper option, then when its cancelled you go to a more expensive options (meanwhile the original vendor is still 'open' for ordering the same items)... 

Its frustrating because its very time wasting - I just accept it as one of the by products of doing business with the Chinese. 

I don't find that this happens with a Thai based online stores. 

With regards to your question - Lazada stuff comes from individual vendors... Lazada is just the 'middle-man'... So you may be able to visit some vendors who have a physical presence and also 'advertise' (list) on Lazada, while others not because they only have an online presence. 

With regards to trust: Customer ratings are a good indicator of that, but not always perfect. 

Lazada (and shopee) are very much hit and miss IMO, but I've always had my money back when things don't work out.. its just the time wasting thats an issue for me. 

I have been fighting with Lazada for a refund for the last two weeks and I can't even get in touch with the seller, but thanks for your output.

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, NoshowJones said:

There is another thing I want but Lazada are the only place that has it, and I am now frightened to order anything of value from them.

Intrigued...  What is it.. ??... send a Lazada link and some of us 'more initiated' lazada buyers could advise you as to whether or not the vendor looks legitimate or not.

Ultimately, there is limited risk... If you don't like the item you can return it (I've done so plenty of times, citing not as advertised, fake item etc).. 

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its frustrating because its very time wasting - I just accept it as one of the by products of doing business with the Chinese. 

I buy stuff from Aliexpress all the time. In only two instances out of hundreds did I have an issue. Full refund on one; 50% discount on a shirt the wrong size but that I could still wear (and do). One item proved defective, but it was out of warranty, so nothing unfair. 

Used Lazada for years, no problem w/ refunds on a few items. Not worried about time: no comparison between the time you save by ordering online rather than visiting shops, BIG time waster. And then re-visiting to get a refund if necessary. I suspect you have plenty of time, anyway.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Intrigued...  What is it.. ??... send a Lazada link and some of us 'more initiated' lazada buyers could advise you as to whether or not the vendor looks legitimate or not.

Ultimately, there is limited risk... If you don't like the item you can return it (I've done so plenty of times, citing not as advertised, fake item etc).. 

In my case it was a chair, when it was delivered I gave it straight to my wife's brother to assemble it for me, at the time I was told by one poster that I should have checked it first, but you cannot do that and have the delivery guy standing waiting. It was assembled but Lazada now don't want to know about it.

I was in a "live" chat a few times with them but I don't believe it even was a live chatline, it was just too mechanical.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Is there anyway you can go to a Lazada place and see what you want before you buy it? I have been let down far too often to trust them to send me exactly what I want.

All that stuff you see on their website that their crooked sellers have for sale must be kept somewhere.

You can always ask the seller for more info and pictures and details, if you don't like what you get don't buy, also Lazada

also have a good refund policies in place so your chance of being stiffed on a product are small...

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

In my case it was a chair, when it was delivered I gave it straight to my wife's brother to assemble it for me, at the time I was told by one poster that I should have checked it first, but you cannot do that and have the delivery guy standing waiting. It was assembled but Lazada now don't want to know about it.

I was in a "live" chat a few times with them but I don't believe it even was a live chatline, it was just too mechanical.

A little tricker with something like that... 

But, you don't have to open it in front of the delivery guy to file a return... If you accept the item and then decide you don't want it, you can still file a return....  unless of course its not fully assembled etc and can't be disassembled undamaged into original packaging. 

With something like a chair I'd be more inclined to want to see it in person (as I have already implied)... 

Perhaps give Ikea a try (if you are near one).

1 minute ago, ezzra said:

You can always ask the seller for more info and pictures and details, if you don't like what you get don't buy, also Lazada

also have a good refund policies in place so your chance of being stiffed on a product are small...

2 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Not in my experience they haven't.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

A little tricker with something like that... 

But, you don't have to open it in front of the delivery guy to file a return... If you accept the item and then decide you don't want it, you can still file a return....  unless of course its not fully assembled etc and can't be disassembled undamaged into original packaging. 

With something like a chair I'd be more inclined to want to see it in person (as I have already implied)... 

Perhaps give Ikea a try (if you are near one).

Yes I will try Ikea. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Don't know about you but i have bought like hundreds of products from Lazada and Shopee over the years, hardly had

any issues and when i had any, the merchant either took it back for full refund or the customer's care took care of the problem

to my satisfaction...

It was about 5 years ago when I had to make my 'first refund' on Lazada.... 

I'd order a 5000 baht SMP bicycle saddle to assist with my midlife MAMIL crisis (from a Lazada store based in Chiang Mai) and instead received a 50 baht rubber phone case...  

I contacted the store who didn't reply...  I contacted Lazada who said contact the store. 

What I didn't realise is that there was a 'official' refund procedure to follow and I wasn't doing that correctly. 

After a week of contacting the store directly and being ignored I asked my Wife for help, who then corrected me... and showed me my error...

All I had to do was click on the order page, select the item, and instigate a refund from there (with a photo)...   Lazada then informed me that the shop had x days to respond after which they'd take over. 

I can't remember what happened, but I received my refund after a couple of weeks - Luckily I had not exceeded the permissible 'refund' time. 

I found the Lazada app (on the phone) very crowded and difficult to navigate, I find it much easier on the computer. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Furniture, best to buy from IKEA, they will assemble for you if need be

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

Far LESS than perfect, and I'll explain why...

Do NOT trust seller ratings. Many have been falsely raised. Here's how...

Companies have been formed with the single purpose of raising the seller's feedback score, with fake purchases.

Unfortunately, one of these companies has used my name and address, and I now have a large shopping bag full of dozens of small shipping envelopes from Lazada and Shopee, with junk I didn't order.

The company hires people to make hundreds of small orders for items costing less than 5-10 baht; hair bands, plant ties, cheap barrettes, pins, etc. One order might contain just two plant twist-ties or two stickers... anything that costs less than a couple of baht. The employee might make 50, 100, or 200 orders at day to the same vendor using other people's addresses as recipients. The company pays for these orders, and the product goes to someone else (like me.) Then the employee fills out the feedback forms. 50, 100, 200 feedback forms for the same vendor, giving him high marks.

Anyone want a big bag full of cheap junk?  Didn't cost me anything, but nothing I can use.

for product ratings I'm looking at the lowest ones not 5* ones, Lazada has changed it so you can't filter per rating, so you just have to trawl through 

• Confused 3

14 minutes ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

Does termites go for the Ikea glued wood materials?

Yep, they'll eat anything, they're currently eating my plastic 'fake wood' upstairs floor panels and my fake wood door frames.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yep, they'll eat anything, they're currently eating my plastic 'fake wood' upstairs floor panels and my fake wood door frames.

Lazada sells termite poison!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

Far LESS than perfect, and I'll explain why...

Do NOT trust seller ratings. Many have been falsely raised. Here's how...

Companies have been formed with the single purpose of raising the seller's feedback score, with fake purchases.

Unfortunately, one of these companies has used my name and address, and I now have a large shopping bag full of dozens of small shipping envelopes from Lazada and Shopee, with junk I didn't order.

The company hires people to make hundreds of small orders for items costing less than 5-10 baht; hair bands, plant ties, cheap barrettes, pins, etc. One order might contain just two plant twist-ties or two stickers... anything that costs less than a couple of baht. The employee might make 50, 100, or 200 orders at day to the same vendor using other people's addresses as recipients. The company pays for these orders, and the product goes to someone else (like me.) Then the employee fills out the feedback forms. 50, 100, 200 feedback forms for the same vendor, giving him high marks.

Anyone want a big bag full of cheap junk?  Didn't cost me anything, but nothing I can use.

Thanks for that... Its incredible what unscrupulous sellers get up to...    

If spending reasonable amounts, I often check 'written reviews' of the product itself, which come with photo's etc.

There is no foolproof way, but we can limit the risk by digging slighty. 

Its much like reading hotel reviews... we can pick out the real reviews from the fake one liners.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1