Prison officials say Thaksin eligible for parole

snoop1130

6 hours ago, couchpotato said:

thunk...?

I knew a guy who lived in Looe, Cornwall, about 1970 ish; he used the word "Thunk" all the time.  His name wasn't Mark; that would be too much of a coincidence.

No surprise part of the deal with a lot of cash in  brown evenlopes.Once free he will be 100 percent fit as if nothing happened.I Imagine next will be the sister with a similar deal and for sure we know she will have health problems so same hospital deal.The only other one waiting is mr redbull but everyone knows where to find him if they want.Just a time thing and will appear like magic on that freedom date

• Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, jvs said:

Is this news?

It is in the sense that this change in stance is being floated to allow the inmate to be released today, without an ankle monitor.

Of course, most assume he hasn't been in the hospital for weeks, so this theatre seems even more absurd.

Previously it was assumed he had to "serve" six months, meaning he would be released on 22 Feb., 50% of his one-year remaining sentence. But, for some reason, they're deviating from the original "plan".

The day he gets out of his suite I mean his room in the hospital he will remarkably make a full recovery from the head of the prison to the doctors. They should all be ashamed. I forgot Thai people don’t know the word shame TIT.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

The day he gets out of his suite I mean his room in the hospital he will remarkably make a full recovery from the head of the prison to the doctors. They should all be ashamed. I forgot Thai people don’t know the word shame TIT.

I am expecting a token gesture of him looking weak and unwell when first released..... to be followed by rapid improvement.

Edited by jacko45k

If we stand back from the petty details and the pettiness that accompanies them, this is on the whole good for Thailand. Clean up the messes of the past & move on.

Even the Constitutional Court & the Electoral bodies will be learning about how to move with the times. Which can only be good for Pita & MFP.

• Confused 1

Impossible.. yesterday the news was that Thaksin should not be called an inmate.. and inmates can ask for parole.. So no inmate no parole.. Besides that he is out already and maybe not eeven in Thailand, as he wanted to be with his family and his daughter is in Dubai

That was always the deal otherwise he would never have come back to Thailand his sister will be back by the end of the year my question is what deal has he and his party put together that the unelected senators will keep there posts when there supposed term of office comes to an end in March of the year !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

THE CORRECTIONS Department said today (Jan. 17) that de facto Pheu Thai boss-cum-prisoner Thaksin Shinawatra meets the criteria for parole and once released may take up a political role

Interesting how the Corrections Dept. may determine whether a criminal convicted in Thailand can "take up a political role". Not the Justice Dept., the Supreme Court, the Election Committee... To be fair, "a political role" could be an advisor or an office holder, but they are not being specific for a reason.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, stoner said:

the optics of this is nothing but a positive for thailand. 

also....i assume upon release he will be taken by ambulance to another hospital where he can be cared for until his terrible illness is cured ? a bum heart valve is no joke and will require an extended period of care....right ? 

after all he is far doill as we have been told over and over for weeks now. 

bum heart bum guy. For the hell of it, I wrote a letter to Bangkok Post's Postbag, asking if it is correct to refer to Thaksin as a criminal? got no joy. 555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1