Aircraft departing from Thailand's Utapao Airport crashed in Afghanistan

webfact

19 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Hardly enough fuel to go from Pattaya to Moscow .... 

The distance between Moscow and Pattaya is 7163 km.

Perhaps, the pilot was dyslexic, got the numbers right between the aircraft's range and necessary distance but jumbled the order?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, retarius said:

On most things I certainly trust Russian media much more than the true western media who only report facts, like the WMDs in Iraq.....and not this rabid stupidity "from a Russian Propaganda outlet" shyte. Why even print this story, where is the propaganda? I guess you idiots will say Putin poisoned the wife, and then bombed the plane in mid flight. You have lost all touch with reality.

In that case I guess it was a Special Planetary Operation.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, ballpoint said:

From the Reuters link above:

"The Taliban-run Afghan aviation ministry said in a statement on X that the plane’s planned route did not include passing through Afghanistan’s air space and that "probably due to technical issues" the plane had diverted from its planned route."

I wonder what "technical" issues would cause a pilot to take a longer route and outfly his fuel range?

As far as I can tell looking at the map, if flying from Gaya, India to Tashkent, Uzbekistan, the shortest route would take you over North-Eastern Afghanistan. 

The fact that the planned route did not include flying over Afghan airspace but the plane ended up there, seems to suggest the pilot was actually trying to take a shorter, more direct route.

6 hours ago, retarius said:

On most things I certainly trust Russian media much more than the true western media who only report facts, like the WMDs in Iraq.....and not this rabid stupidity "from a Russian Propaganda outlet" shyte. Why even print this story, where is the propaganda? I guess you idiots will say Putin poisoned the wife, and then bombed the plane in mid flight. You have lost all touch with reality. 

So then you think former comedian-turned-President Zelenskyy is a Nazi, putin's invasion of Ukraine has the best interest of Ukrainian civilians at heart, and journalist and putin critic Anna Politkovskaya was shot by muggers, not putin's goons?

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

So it went splut ... splut ..splut ... zzzz..bang.   The Falcon 10 jet aircraft has a distance range with full tank of 13,000klms

...  seems they didn't do their fuel / distance calculations very good.

I've flown in the Falcon 10. It's an old model and quite small. I doubt it's range is any more than 3500km fully loaded. Now if you want to take out the seats and install a giant fuel bladder, maybe you can hit 6000km, but please don't smoke in the left seat!

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, retarius said:

? I guess you idiots will say Putin poisoned the wife, and then bombed the plane in mid flight. You have lost all touch with reality. 

No one has said that , some think that the plane may have been shot down by the Taliban .

A straw mans argument there , mentioning Putins wife 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

As stated in the Reuters article linked to in @Rimmer's post, four people, including the pilot, survived. 

so four people, including the pilot survived the crash. 

they won't last 10 minutes in that rugged terrain,  the Taliban will execute them as soon as they are spotted.  

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

so four people, including the pilot survived the crash. 

they won't last 10 minutes in that rugged terrain,  the Taliban will execute them as soon as they are spotted.  

Obviously, they did last and they were not executed as the pilot has reported on what happened, after they were located.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

10 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

No one has said that , some think that the plane may have been shot down by the Taliban .

A straw mans argument there , mentioning Putins wife 

OK, but I also haven't seen anyone suggesting the Taliban shot it down either. One person (see below) suggesting they might shoot the survivors, however.

34 minutes ago, steven100 said:

does anyone know if there were any survivors because if there were the Taliban will shoot them most probably. 

Have a look at the Reuters article - four survivors and no suggestion that the Taliban were doing anything to them, other than to "provide assistance to the remaining individuals."

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:
3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He's not a straw man, although he used a "straw man argument".

Yeah, that is what I said 

No you posted that it was a "straw man's argument", it was a straw man argument!

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

No you posted that it was a "straw man's argument", it was a straw man argument!

The apostrophe appeared automatically and I couldn't be bothered to delete it , I'm surprised that you could be bothered to post about it mentioning it 

• Haha 1