PM Srettha to submit PM2.5 dust plan within court’s 90-day deadline

snoop1130

12 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Why do they ALWAYS tell us the age of 'our' Prime Minister.?

Anwyay, will he come up to my neck of the woods and tell the c..t opposite me to stop burning his field after harvesting yesterday

I feel your pain... every bloody morning I smell the smoke and feel the effects of burning going on nearby. from sun-up. No breeze to move it, it hangs low in the air. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

vecteezy-820x539.jpg

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin announced yesterday his intention to submit a plan designed to address the issue of PM2.5 fine dust within a 90-day deadline set by the Chiang Mai Administrative Court. The court order followed a formal complaint lodged by a northern network of individuals, requiring the Thai prime minister and the national environmental panel to draft the plan. PM Srettha stated that officials would be brought in to discuss and draft the plan as per the court’s directive.

The 61 year old PM also reported significant progress in improving Chiang Mai’s air quality since various agencies across the nation began addressing the issue.

“We have done our best, and the PM2.5 fine dust level fell by four to five times.”

About the fine dust level, government spokesperson Chai Wacharonke stated that the level in the Chang Phueak subdistrict of Chiang Mai’s Muang district was recorded at 16.7 microgrammes per cubic metre on Sunday. This figure represents a substantial decrease from the average of 53 microgrammes per cubic metre recorded on January 21, 2020.

By Mitch Connor

Caption: PHOTO: via vecteezy

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-01-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Now also in Pattaya please!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, samtam said:

Oh well, that was easy. Problem solved then! Just like Thaksin with Bangkok's traffic. And just like that...

problem solving is easy here, closing gas stations at 6pm and banning fried banana sellers at traffic lights solved the bangkok traffic congestion problem. next!

Edited by it is what it is
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

vecteezy-820x539.jpg

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin announced yesterday his intention to submit a plan designed to address the issue of PM2.5 fine dust within a 90-day deadline set by the Chiang Mai Administrative Court. The court order followed a formal complaint lodged by a northern network of individuals, requiring the Thai prime minister and the national environmental panel to draft the plan. PM Srettha stated that officials would be brought in to discuss and draft the plan as per the court’s directive.

The 61 year old PM also reported significant progress in improving Chiang Mai’s air quality since various agencies across the nation began addressing the issue.

“We have done our best, and the PM2.5 fine dust level fell by four to five times.”

About the fine dust level, government spokesperson Chai Wacharonke stated that the level in the Chang Phueak subdistrict of Chiang Mai’s Muang district was recorded at 16.7 microgrammes per cubic metre on Sunday. This figure represents a substantial decrease from the average of 53 microgrammes per cubic metre recorded on January 21, 2020.

By Mitch Connor

Caption: PHOTO: via vecteezy

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-01-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Amazing. What about simply to ban any burning, not even the garbage in your own garden? 🙏

In 90 days the burning season will be over and SW monsoon will start so there will be no PM 2.5 problems anyway.

The test will be next November, December when it will most likely start again.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Lie.

15 hours ago, Celsius said:

In 90 days it will be over, so the issue will be resolved by the government.

Good job.

That is all they can hope for. They don't have the ability or courage to properly deal with the problem.

• Agree 1

This PM2.5 dust is getting worse all over the Country especially here in  Bangkok this morning 🌄 

Never mind a plan in 90 days should be giving it priority now 

What about the Tourists can't be enjoying their stay stuck in a  hotel 

Or wearing a face mask when out 😷

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shackleton said:

This PM2.5 dust is getting worse all over the Country especially here in  Bangkok this morning 🌄 

Never mind a plan in 90 days should be giving it priority now 

What about the Tourists can't be enjoying their stay stuck in a  hotel 

Or wearing a face mask when out 😷

Yes, they, (the government) care about tourists/tourism more than anything else in this country. God forbid the health and well-being of the citizenry should factor in. And I imagine they rather think it's not a problem for them, in the their airconditioned, air-purified ivory towers and motorised conveyances. But, like covid, it affects everyone living in the country. Every single person, rich or poor, hiso or loso.

2 minutes ago, Karma80 said:

I left Bangkok because of the pollution. Phuket's way better, but you trade PM2.5 for a whole other bucket of quality-of-life issues :laugh:

Yeah, that's the problem. I exercise my mind on this issue frequently, and I think have substantially concluded that if you're going to live in Thailand, (a developing country), you need to live in Bangkok, which is as good as a city in the "first world"; (they all have issues).

51 minutes ago, stix40 said:

Kwai <deleted> !

All talk no action ! 

Wait and see Changmai back in the news , most polluted city on the planet.

102 at the moment 

Shocking disregard of nature and peoples health