How would this play out in Thailand?

16 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The British guy was very rude , if someone politely asks you not to film them or take their photo , you really should agree to their request .

Seen many old Westerners walking around Thailand sticking their cameras in peoples faces and filming them and putting it online .

There may be good reason why these Chinese people don't want to be filmed and the [pianist should respect their request .

Such a rude guy

All they had to do was walk away. In fact earlier not shown in all the clips the woman came up to him all happy and smiles, chatting to him, and one male from their group actually played as well. Why should he obey them? It was their minder that was extremely rude. Brenden was calm and explained the law in the UK. He has now been interviewed on 3 TV channels. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The British guy was very rude , if someone politely asks you not to film them or take their photo , you really should agree to their request .

Seen many old Westerners walking around Thailand sticking their cameras in peoples faces and filming them and putting it online .

There may be good reason why these Chinese people don't want to be filmed and the [pianist should respect their request .

Such a rude guy

This is about Britain where there is freedom of speech, and freedom to film in public places?. Not about Thailand.

What country are you from that forbids that? Should no one have a dash cam or CCTV?

Wherever you are in Thailand you are being filmed. Should I insist 7/11, restaurants, bars, etc. etc. turn of their cameras when I go shopping?

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

This is about Britain where there is freedom of speech, and freedom to film in public places?. Not about Thailand.

What country are you from that forbids that? Should no one have a dash cam or CCTV?

Wherever you are in Thailand you are being filmed. Should I insist 7/11, restaurants, bars, etc. etc. turn of their cameras when I go shopping?

Yes, people do have the freedom to film in public , that is the law .

But I was talking about the law

But if a person politely asks you not to film them , I do think that the cameraman should comply with those requests

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Yes, people do have the freedom to film in public , that is the law .

But I was talking about the law

But if a person politely asks you not to film them , I do think that the cameraman should comply with those requests

I think it’s all about how the request was made, and then you should consider it if it was made politely, then do whatever you feel is appropriate.

24 minutes ago, stoner said:

ahahahah awesome hahaha

Why does he wear dark glasses at night? Trying to be Ray Charles? He's a shopping centre pianist. That's bottom of the barrel. Piers really is scraping the barrel for guests.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

30 minutes ago, uttradit said:

Why does he wear dark glasses at night? Trying to be Ray Charles? He's a shopping centre pianist. That's bottom of the barrel. Piers really is scraping the barrel for guests.

I wear my sunglasses at night So I can, so I can Watch you weave then breathe your story lines 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He was not filming them, they intruded on him being filmed by his assistant. If he asked them to move away from his camera position (that was not moveable) in order not to be filmed, they should have complied.

You need to watch it again , he was being filmed playing the piano and then the camera moved around and the Chinese people were in the back ground and it was then that the Chinese politely asked him to stop filming them 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You need to watch it again , he was being filmed playing the piano and then the camera moved around and the Chinese people were in the back ground and it was then that the Chinese politely asked him to stop filming them 

If seemed like a set-up to me. Perhaps rehearsed on the part of the Chinese. 
Chinese vloggers are going out to present certain places in a negative light for domestic purpose. I think you understand. There was one in Nana recently. They engineer certain situations. 
One of the women already has legal proceeding against her in her native country. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, NextG said:

If seemed like a set-up to me. Perhaps rehearsed on the part of the Chinese. 
Chinese vloggers are going out to present certain places in a negative light for domestic purpose. I think you understand. There was one in Nana recently. They engineer certain situations. 
One of the women already has legal proceeding against her in her native country. 

Interesting. Never thought of it from that angle. Maybe drumming up a bit of anti west propaganda for the homeland. They can then put whatever spin they like on it when presenting to the masses. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Keeps said:

Interesting. Never thought of it from that angle. Maybe drumming up a bit of anti west propaganda for the homeland. They can then put whatever spin they like on it when presenting to the masses. 

They have already put their spin on it for the domestic market and edited a video for their purpose. Also trying to get his unedited version removed from YouTube. 
Attempting to portray him as a ‘known violent person’. 
It’s totally orchestrated. Hard to believe that not everyone saw through it. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/25/2024 at 12:22 AM, Nick Carter icp said:

Such a rude guy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... thank you for that

21 hours ago, uttradit said:

His piano playing is the worst I've seen. The whole thing looks like a stunt. YouTube are always seeking attention to gain subscribers.

Wish I coul play the piano that badly.

I actually prefer his classical playing, he does a decent Ave Maria (Schubert)and in the CCCP clip at 25:25 some other piece.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Wish I coul play the piano that badly.

I actually prefer his classical playing, he does a decent Ave Maria (Schubert)and in the CCCP clip at 25:25 some other piece.

Shopping centres must be the new stadiums.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I saw a YouTube clip yesterday and the guy who made it has reveled, All the Chinese names and occupations/businesses in  the UK, and incidentally one has a Brit boyfriend. One is an "Influencer" 

15 hours ago, brianthainess said:

In fact earlier not shown in all the clips the woman came up to him all happy and smiles, chatting to him, and one male from their group actually played as well

Yes. Indeed. When there were only two of them - a man and a woman - they made no comment about the filming and the guy sat at the piano. It was only when more of them turned up that the fuss really began.

5 hours ago, NextG said:

They have already put their spin on it for the domestic market and edited a video for their purpose. Also trying to get his unedited version removed from YouTube. 
Attempting to portray him as a ‘known violent person’. 
It’s totally orchestrated. Hard to believe that not everyone saw through it. 

I suspect you may be right. Edited to show another example of 'racist Britain'. Potentially a case for Home Office to rescind their leave to remain - if they don't hold UK nationality - on grounds of activities incompatible with their visa status. The shouty guy is working in the UK in the education sector.

Back to my original question: what if this happened in Thailand? I don't think the Thai authorities would look kindly on a foreigner posting negative stuff online about Thailand and Thai people ... 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BKKBike09 said:

Yes. Indeed. When there were only two of them - a man and a woman - they made no comment about the filming and the guy sat at the piano. It was only when more of them turned up that the fuss really began.

I suspect you may be right. Edited to show another example of 'racist Britain'. Potentially a case for Home Office to rescind their leave to remain - if they don't hold UK nationality - on grounds of activities incompatible with their visa status. The shouty guy is working in the UK in the education sector.

Back to my original question: what if this happened in Thailand? I don't think the Thai authorities would look kindly on a foreigner posting negative stuff online about Thailand and Thai people ... 

Sadly it seems most are "British'' apparently or they have work visas. 

24 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I saw a YouTube clip yesterday and the guy who made it has reveled, All the Chinese names and occupations/businesses in  the UK, and incidentally one has a Brit boyfriend. One is an "Influencer" 

So it is all a stunt. Thought so. Looked all fake.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I was watching the livestream as it happened - I like boogie woogie, I thought Dr. K was good to begin with, but his playing and content is pretty boring after a while. I agree, he just played the part of an obnoxious Brit (im British myself) - why not just tell them, "yes, of course I will delete your images on a livestream, ok, yes, no problem" and let them walk away - no need to provoke the Chinese, who may be visitors to the country. If it was Thailand, Dr. K would just smile, say yes and then upload, making some excuse how it wasn't possible.

I was watching an episode of Panorama, "Is China watching you?" one girl comes from the same group as mentioned in the program, one that harasses Hong Kong dissidents - so there is a little more to this, they weren't just average Joe tourists in the background enjoying the spring vacation holiday like they claim. There was also a Japanese film crew there, filming British station pianos. There are too many random occourences, I dont believe this is setup, but everyone is milking it.

The media circus that has been following this - like c'mon, the guy has been on TalkTV, Piers Morgan and Fox News - what an embarrassment - no such thing as bad publicity, right, this guy makes a living from YouTube views, as long as he keeps dragging this out, he's quids in. While I agree that he's well within his rights to perform and film, the Chinese have no rights to request he delete footage, but he should respect their right to ask without appearing as a sarcastic British <deleted> and the rail management should just remove the security guards from Elton Johns piano - it hasn't stopped anything, he has just moved to another station with his predictable playing.

Edited by recom273
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/25/2024 at 12:22 AM, Nick Carter icp said:

There was one guy many years ago around Chiang Mai that would go around filming everything and interviewing foreigners. 

I saw him one time at the food market our eyes met and I quickly ducked into a store to avoid having to do an interview.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Haha 1