So what did i miss?

It just occurred to me that the forum has been a bit slow of late (even more than usual) and that some of our more prolific (and long-standing) members have been uncharacteristically quiet.

Scanning through a few threads I also saw that a few long absent posters (one in particular) had made a brief reappearance and then they all seem to have gone silent on the same day. 

so what happened? do tell!

• Confused 1

I don't know if I count as prolific, but my experience is that every few years I either get fed up with this forum, or lose interest, or drop it (one of the go to options) to make more time for other stuff. What I've noticed is that times away from the forum get longer each time. I think the last 'off time' lasted a couple of years or so (maybe more, can't be bothered to check). Guess the next time would be the same, and with even lesser incentive to return.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, n00dle said:

It just occurred to me that the forum has been a bit slow of late (even more than usual) and that some of our more prolific (and long-standing) members have been uncharacteristically quiet.

Scanning through a few threads I also saw that a few long absent posters (one in particular) had made a brief reappearance and then they all seem to have gone silent on the same day. 

Loose lips sink ships!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, n00dle said:

We are in hiding, every once in a while we send on of the gang to check and see if it is safe for us to return, unfortunately he always reports that n00dle  is still around.:wacko:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jvs said:

Yes it has been nice and quiet,just waiting for the arrow to re appear .

I know it is almost impossible to do and we don't really count now do we?

you know how long it takes to fix a couple lines of code ? relax :)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, n00dle said:

Noodles ,I noticed a lot of posts lately from you particularly negative posts towards others which is not respectful but many on here show empathy to you with all your current problems not being able to meet a partner etc 

we all care about you mate !

, don't take this the wrong way , but you should have a "balance" in life , I'm sure everyone agrees, rather than let this board consume your entire day do other things ,walking etc 

You can always pm me if you need a ear or someone to get advice from, take care mate,please no more silly posts   👂 💚

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Morch said:

I don't know if I count as prolific, but my experience is that every few years I either get fed up with this forum, or lose interest, or drop it (one of the go to options) to make more time for other stuff. What I've noticed is that times away from the forum get longer each time. I think the last 'off time' lasted a couple of years or so (maybe more, can't be bothered to check). Guess the next time would be the same, and with even lesser incentive to return.

Oh please ! Don't go ! Please !

,don't go Morch 

We all were devastated when you left for the 5 years!

,Apparently Ad revenue went down without you 

The execs in Deloitte's were pacing up & down trying to get you back 

Advertising companies pulled their ads !! 

There was even  talk about a boycott 

Please stay mate 

💚🍑

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, stoner said:

you know how long it takes to fix a couple lines of code ? relax :)

Yes i know,it does not take long to restore something that was already there but tit.

• Haha 1

There are other forums some may have migrated to and forgot about AN due late age memory degradation. Or simply lost/forgot a email pw. Though too much of anything is probably not good, especially sparing with others with a serious mind frame too much on AN.  Anyway, wish the best for the MIA’s

Edited by novacova
  • Haha 1

I'm def here much less these days. Not that anyone is crying about that.

Reason: No BigNok or BobSmith -and may as well add the deeply great StickyRiceBalls to that Mount Rushmore of titans. Less Britmantoo is another downer.

Still worship AnotherFarang and the Kramer-guy, but they're not enough to cause me to linger. GeorgiaGeorgia as a prime poster is truly a canary in the mines moment.

I still look in every day, but without something humorous to post on, I'm quickly outa here. Even zestilly thumping TrumpTrash on their retard noses has gotten passe'. I get a ton of likes for it, but increasingly, the juice is just not worth the squeeze.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, proton said:

He had a date with Yinn, not been heard of since!

Yes was that one of the folks I was wondering about, I was also curious that at the same time the screaming chicken and big n bob  shuffled off, the Blether made a brief return.

It made me recall more amusing days in the forum's past, most notably the mental abuse of jingthing that killed the downvote, golden days indeed. 

18 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Noodles ,I noticed a lot of posts lately from you particularly negative posts towards others which is not respectful but many on here show

As for you, you blithering halfwit, have a nice day -- dodder on.

Edited by n00dle
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2baht said:

Where is Trans???

Adult diaper change went wrong i and he was crushed by a Toyota, I suspect.

Either that or he tried to post something  over 3 words long that contained no emojis, and it was too much for him 

Edited by n00dle
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1