I, qualify for an LTR, does anyone know from experience of a trustworthy agent (BKK/CM)

Hello fellow forum members, I normally live in CM and have been doing my 90-day reports for almost 20 years with

no problems.  Now, this month I have a minor problem but can solve all those future reports by obtaining an LTR

visa.  Normally I would just do it myself as my yearly extension is not until May but I have a new passport just

recently received and just like to start fresh with the LTR and not have to concern myself with transferring the

current visa/long-stay extension into the new passport.  Query if anyone has an agent in BKK or CM that from

experience is trustworthy?

Appreciate any info.

33 minutes ago, MPoll said:

I have had a pensioner LTR for 1 year. If you are going for a pensioner LTR then you definitely don’t need an agent. It is a simple online application. Once they start working on your application they may ask some additional questions. The BOI staff speak English and are very helpful getting you through the process.

thank you for the info, I will look at the online application...I have recently received my new passport so no transfers of visa/long stay extensions...not sure if I'll have problem or not.

I applied for and received my new U.S. passport before applying for my LTR-WP as I didn't want to deal with a new passport mid-way through the 10-years.  I would recommend getting your immigration issues dealt with before applying as they will certainly arise if not at BOI then when you present your passport to OSSC .

5 hours ago, MPoll said:

I have had a pensioner LTR for 1 year. If you are going for a pensioner LTR then you definitely don’t need an agent. It is a simple online application. Once they start working on your application they may ask some additional questions. The BOI staff speak English and are very helpful getting you through the process.

What is a ' pensioner LTR' ? never heard of it

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, mudcat said:

I applied for and received my new U.S. passport before applying for my LTR-WP as I didn't want to deal with a new passport mid-way through the 10-years.  I would recommend getting your immigration issues dealt with before applying as they will certainly arise if not at BOI then when you present your passport to OSSC .

exactly what I was thinking!  especially after seeing the note from MPOLL above about the unnecessary agent as online for LTR is pretty easy for one to do.  I have done my retirement visa and yearly longstays by myself for 18 years and when I went to the LTR online website, yes for me doing a (don't laugh)  "wealthy pensioner", I immediately saw what he meant.  But, since it takes 20 days after

applying to get the LTR stamps, it didn't solve my immediate problem as I was "disapproved" online TM-47 report so I also have to transfer stamps from my old passport to my new passport so will do that and 

the 90-day report in person (and get a full 90-days until next one is due if there is one since with the LTR that is GONE!  That 90 days will end with the date my long stay is due but again if I do get the LTR

that will be moot too!  I do appreciate this forum and its users as I note there almost always some users willing to pass on their experiences.  Thanks to all. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, proton said:

What is a ' pensioner LTR' ? never heard of it

This is number 2 on the types of farangs - 1 the super wealthy, 2 the wealthy pensioner  - atg least 80K USD a year, 3- pensioner 40-80K USD with some other added restrictions, and SUper brains or super

needed skills.  Easy to find all the requirements needed by googling "Long Term Resident" visa.  Some are difficult, impossible for me but the one "wealthy pensioner" fit me to a TEE so to speak.  Good luck! -

also for you, the web site will give you some of the bennies assoc with the LTR - no local taxes on income here or from abroad, no 90-day reports, 1 yearly report, unlimited in and outs of the country free, and a work permit if one so needs it.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Presnock said:

This is number 2 on the types of farangs - 1 the super wealthy, 2 the wealthy pensioner  - atg least 80K USD a year, 3- pensioner 40-80K USD with some other added restrictions, and SUper brains or super

needed skills.  Easy to find all the requirements needed by googling "Long Term Resident" visa.  Some are difficult, impossible for me but the one "wealthy pensioner" fit me to a TEE so to speak.  Good luck! -

also for you, the web site will give you some of the bennies assoc with the LTR - no local taxes on income here or from abroad, no 90-day reports, 1 yearly report, unlimited in and outs of the country free, and a work permit if one so needs it.  

Thats me out then, if I had that much I would not be here in the first place!

• Sad 1

I agree with everyone that says you don't need an agent to complete the LTR application.  The BOI people ate very helpful if you call with excellent English speakers.  They usually responded to emails the same day.  If you do yourself, you should have a PC or laptop and a printer/scanner along with the basic skills to make a multipage PDF file.  Good luck

9 hours ago, MPoll said:

Agree 100%. I honestly can't imagine what value an agent would provide, other than scanning and uploading the documents that YOU will still have to dig up and compile. It's a pretty straightforward process, and you don't have to pay anything until/unless you're approved.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, MPoll said:

It couldn’t have been easier.

I used Immigration and BOI offices on the 18th floor in Chamchuri Square building, Bangkok that is virtually above the underground Sam Yan MRT station. BOI will assist approved LTR applicants personally through the Immigration visa issuance process and LTR has a dedicated window within Immigration for stuff needed by LTR holders like Certification of Residence and annual notification of residence for extension.

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

I used Immigration and BOI offices on the 18th floor in Chamchuri Square building, Bangkok that is virtually above the underground Sam Yan MRT station. BOI will assist approved LTR applicants personally through the Immigration visa issuance process and LTR has a dedicated window within Immigration for stuff needed by LTR holders like Certification of Residence and annual notification of residence for extension.

sounds good to me.  , I too use BCBS for over 20 years so shouldn't be a problem.  Have documentation on pension with amount of taxes and health insurance deduction.  thanks for the info, daughter is college student and rents a condo in SanYam so can get there too with no problems.  Now to get my data transferred from my old to new passport, and then will begin working on the LTR...long stay is good until 14 May so have plenty of time.  Appreciate any and all of these helpful hints from the forum followers.  

If you really needed hand holding, which you won't with the professional approach of BoI, Star Visa in CM is on the BoI list of agents. But, you still have to go to Bangkok for the final inkings -- they can't do that for you. Actually, my trip, as I hate traveling, was a surprise joy, as I treated myself to everything five star -- hotel, limo to and from airport, limo to Boi, surf and turf dinners, young... nevermind.  But, hopefully the internet will be available for the one year report -- mail would be an ok backup. Star Visa, however, says they can do that report for you, if needed. Which, it probably won't be.