Thai astronomers unearth 13 ancient galaxies, smaller than a speck in the universe

webfact

1 hour ago, eisfeld said:

I wonder if these news articles are written by an AI. How could any normal journalist keep on writing in this overly bombastic style? Can't take anything written by this outlet serious. It's like a satire magazine but without the punchlines.

Satire magazine but without the punchlines - exactly...   

Kind of like 'Not the Nation'... but not Not the Nation !!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, proton said:
14 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Something is reported and you all jump to demean it. 

What is your problem with it? That it happened? that it was done by Thai people? ot that it was reported?  What is the problem? 

The disrespect toward their hosts, shown by some expats living here, and many whose only connection to Thailand is that once got laid in Pattaya is incredible.

I wonder what motivates them. 

Its the nationalistic exaggeration which is the problem, pretending it's all a Thai achievement when that appears to be very far from the truth.

While I agree with sirineou's sentiment that there are elements on this forum that tend to demean anything Thai thats positive, I think you nailed the explanation and reason for some of the responses... certainly mine anyway... 

... Its the exaggerated 'over egging it' from a nationalistic perspective that invites ridicule. 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, proton said:

Its the nationalistic exaggeration which is the problem, pretending it's all a Thai achievement when that appears to be very far from the truth.

As far as I can tell this article is written by a farang expat paper. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

While I agree with sirineou's sentiment that there are elements on this forum that tend to demean anything Thai thats positive, I think you nailed the explanation and reason for some of the responses... certainly mine anyway... 

... Its the exaggerated 'over egging it' from a nationalistic perspective that invites ridicule. 

The Thaiger is the source of this article. 

10 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Probably a speck of dust on the lens.

Well that shows how much you know about the James Webb Space Telescope, It doesn't have a lens. 😊

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

As far as I can tell this article is written by a farang expat paper. 

jingoistic nonsense no matter where its from,  Puntid Tantivangphaisal writes for an English language web based platform, it's not farang owned, it's Thai.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

11 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Thailand has unraveled the mysteries of the universe. That is quite a statement. Such humility. Such brilliant and unsurpassed minds! Give them a Nobel peace prize. 

Neither did we know the James Webb Space Telescope belonged to Thailand.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, sirineou said:

The Thaiger is the source of this article. 

Yep... the ridicule should be directed more at the article itself....

Such as below ???.. no ?

56 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Satire magazine but without the punchlines - exactly...   

Kind of like 'Not the Nation'... but not Not the Nation !!!

57 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Smart woman... She's probably just as embarrassed about the 'unravelled the mysteries of the universe' comment as we are entertained by it... 

16 minutes ago, proton said:

No it's not they could not write out a TM30, it's re hashed from the Nation

Did The Nation write...  "Thai astronomers have unravelled the mysteries of the universe"   ?????

The Thaiger may have taken some details from other sources, but they added their own nationalistic exaggeration....