Selling my car

I want to sell my car asap to leave Thailand.
Problem is that I can not wait unti a possible buyer would show up.

In my country, there are a lot of car resellers who are willing to sell your car and sometimes to buy your car.

In Thailand, I know that there are companies like "Car for Cash" which are giving money for your car.
But I doubt that they would be interested in an older model.

What other options do I have to sell me car fast?

2 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

In my country, there are a lot of car resellers who are willing to sell your car and sometimes to buy your car.

In Thailand, I know that there are companies like "Car for Cash" which are giving money for your car.

you can pretty much sell it to any dealership and you'll get paid the same day. That is what we are doing.

have a Thai speaker with you because like you said older model may be harder to flip and dealership spaces are limited.

Edited by Celsius

49 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Facebook Marketplace.

Be prepared for the “ tent “ dealers who will offer you 25/35% less than your asking price but you might just find someone who is genuinely interested.

Yup... FB market place is the best option.

Go on one2car.com look at equivalent models to get the price range.

If you want a quick sale, select the bottom end of that price. 

The other option for a very quick sale is to drive from 'tent to tent' and see if they are willing to buy.

----

What is the car ?

Model ?

Age ?

KM's / Condition ?

Edited by richard_smith237

Another option..    Requires a trusted 'friend'....

Have the Power of Attorney documents signed... (for DLT)...  ask a friend to sell it for you (if you need to leave urgently).

Years ago, quite young (in my 20's)....   I needed to return to the UK quickly (after being here for a few years)... 

I sold my car to a 'tent' on the morning I left (for cash)...   Can't remember how much of a hit I took, but I know it wasn't a great deal for me !!!

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Another option..    Requires a trusted 'friend'....

Have the Power of Attorney documents signed... (for DLT)...  ask a friend to sell it for you (if you need to leave urgently).

Years ago, quite young (in my 20's)....   I needed to return to the UK quickly (after being here for a few years)... 

I sold my car to a 'tent' on the morning I left (for cash)...   Can't remember how much of a hit I took, but I know it wasn't a great deal for me !!!

I had that option already in mind, leave the car with a trusted friend and hit the road.
I have no doubt the the friend would send me the money (minus expenses) when the car would be sold.
But I would rather not involve anybody in this.

What is a "tent"?

1 minute ago, Confuscious said:

What is a "tent"?

A 'tent' is what a second hand car dealership is referred to in Thailand... 

In the west we'd just say 'second hand car dealership'....  or 'garage' (in the UK)... 

Here...   'Tent' is the name for that - easily spotted in every town, usually multiples of the throughout... 

Lots of cars lined up...   they buy and sell cars...

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

A 'tent' is what a second hand car dealership is referred to in Thailand... 

In the west we'd just say 'second hand car dealership'....  or 'garage' (in the UK)... 

Here...   'Tent' is the name for that - easily spotted in every town, usually multiples of the throughout... 

Lots of cars lined up...   they buy and sell cars...

I was thinking to bring my car to a "Confiscated Vehicles / Auction" place, but I have never done that before.

I was a few years ago on such an auction and there were cars of every age and every brand for auction.
Some of these cars on auction were ready for the scrapyard.
In Korat, this is almost every month.

But expect to get at least 50% less that the price in mind.
Also, most of the auction money goes to the auctioner for his costs.

36 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

I was thinking to bring my car to a "Confiscated Vehicles / Auction" place, but I have never done that before.

I was a few years ago on such an auction and there were cars of every age and every brand for auction.
Some of these cars on auction were ready for the scrapyard.
In Korat, this is almost every month.

But expect to get at least 50% less that the price in mind.
Also, most of the auction money goes to the auctioner for his costs.

What is the car ?

Model ?

Age ?

KM's / Condition ?

It may be ideal for a cheap runaround for a member here...     you're talking about wanting a quick sale... 

It could already be up on market boards by now... 

Advertising at the right price is key.  Look at One2Car.com and see what your competition is.  For a car of the same age, condition & mileage you have to ask a lower price.  There aren't many buyers out there and you can't afford to miss a buyer because you're too expensive.

For example, a 2013 Nissan Pulsar listed here at 299k THB, whereas a 2014 with similar mileage is available on One2Car for 214k THB, which one do you think will sell?

3 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Advertising at the right price is key.  Look at One2Car.com and see what your competition is.  For a car of the same age, condition & mileage you have to ask a lower price.  There aren't many buyers out there and you can't afford to miss a buyer because you're too expensive.

For example, a 2013 Nissan Pulsar listed here at 299k THB, whereas a 2014 with similar mileage is available on One2Car for 214k THB, which one do you think will sell?

u

I am so tired of hearing this.

If you want to buy a second hand car ONLY because it's cheaper, go ahead.

When I was looking for a second hand car, I fixed a budget and went to the second hand car dealers.
I found several cars, younger as mine, at a better price.
Asked for a copy of the car book and went to the dealer where the car was purchased. The car NEVER went to a dealer for a check.
Asked the insurance company about the car and the car was involved in 1 or more crashes.

You like to buy cheap?
You will be paying the cheapo car very dear.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, maximillian said:

Why not give the details of the car ?

I am in Korat and if the price is below 200k, I'm interested.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/386824107358746/

Just did the car inspection and paid the insurance for 1 year yesterday.

Edited by Confuscious
added