Biden: "I am an elderly man ... I know what the hell I'm doing"

Social Media

3 hours ago, Tug said:

Oh i do no there's solid positive results to this administration those are facts not eunendos or spurious claims these accomplishments speak for them selves as president Biden put it just watch me.

President Biden is 81 years old, or about 18 months older than me.

He is holding down the hardest job in the world and doing very well at it too

I only wish I had half his energy and stamina.

So he forgets somebody's name now and again. That isn't the first time and it won't be the last.

Who can put their hand on their heart and truthfully say that they have never forgotten a thing in their life and that they are perfect.

Trump told over 30,000 lies in 4 years in his 4 years as president, he is accused on 91 different counts in a number of US states, yet there are still people on this forum let alone in the USA, who constantly defend him and want him to become president again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

You know Kamala is already practicing her speeches for when biden announces he's bowing out. But, not much time left for dems to have a different candidate. Do they really think they can prop biden up till after the elections and then have harris take the reins? 

While I am in support of the Democrat Party, like many of my fellow Democrats, I wish circumstances were different. President Biden has a very favorable history on which to stand. But bottom line with the upcoming US election is the decision by the American citizen voters as to the model of government they want. A deeply flawed current system begging for reform or a more authoritarian regime. Oh, the authoritarian regime can make reforms faster as it will not need to compromise … a taste? The current Republican Party stance on refusing to vote on the bipartisan bill which addressed their demand (rightly so) immigration legislation. Yes, my country is under threat … from a vocal, dedicated internal minority.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

It's going to be an election with only two choices.

Trump is super relevant to this topic whether you admit it or not. 

keep telling yourself that and eventually you might actually believe it too. so is there anything you would like to say about the actual subject here ? 

or should i leave you to tds.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Most of the time I gave up understanding America and American. But from time to time, I still try.

At this time, does it really matter how fit Biden really is? The perception out there is that he has mental problems. And no talking will change this perception.

What is so difficult for the DEMs to realize reality and look for a good presidential candidate? They have to do that sooner or later anyhow. Why don't they do it now? Because even when many people will still vote for Biden because he is still better than Trump, it would be much better if people would vote for a new candidate because they actually want to vote for that new candidate, and not just the lesser problem.

America, quo vadis? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I am a bridge to a new generation of leaders which inferred it.

The  ,"I'm a bridge" line  Must be the most overused metaphor in a Politician's arsenal 

Still a long way from said it, to I thought he infer it. 

But even if he did. or someone thought that he did, why make the conclusion that only one term would be nessacery to cross that "bridge"? 

Obviously we have not , the trump threat is still here , and I don't see a new generation of leaders. 

Perhaps if Kamala Harris were showing stronger numbers . but she is not. 

Edited by sirineou

45 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Most of the time I gave up understanding America and American. But from time to time, I still try.

At this time, does it really matter how fit Biden really is? The perception out there is that he has mental problems. And no talking will change this perception.

What is so difficult for the DEMs to realize reality and look for a good presidential candidate? They have to do that sooner or later anyhow. Why don't they do it now? Because even when many people will still vote for Biden because he is still better than Trump, it would be much better if people would vote for a new candidate because they actually want to vote for that new candidate, and not just the lesser problem.

America, quo vadis? 

Too late.

Also he's the incumbent.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Too late.

Also he's the incumbent.

Probably true. Plus the Democrats are trapped. If they whack Biden as the nominee, they pretty much have to choose VP Harris to replace him. And that is NOT a winning prospect in November. She is one of the few politicians whose favorability rating is even lower than Biden.  If the DO try to choose someone else, it had better not be a white man, or the SJW wing of the party will scream bloody murder. So, who does that leave?

25 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Probably true. Plus the Democrats are trapped. If they whack Biden as the nominee, they pretty much have to choose VP Harris to replace him. And that is NOT a winning prospect in November. She is one of the few politicians whose favorability rating is even lower than Biden.  If the DO try to choose someone else, it had better not be a white man, or the SJW wing of the party will scream bloody murder. So, who does that leave?

If anyone is trapped, it is Republicans. A multiple loser with 91 indictments, are you kidding me?

Swing voters held their noses in 2016, they won't do it again. As an Australian PM once said, a souffle only rises once.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I find it telling when there's no one here trying to defend biden. I understand, 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-s-attempt-to-capitalone-memory-issue-backfires-with-new-gaffe/ar-BB1i0pMf

Toward the end of his remarks, Biden mistakenly referred to Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi as the leader of Mexico.

Joe seemed a bit rattled about the report - Egypt and Mexico are both famous for those pointy pyramid things - that was probably why he got the leaders mixed up. Oh! Hang on. 

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

If anyone is trapped, it is Republicans. A multiple loser with 91 indictments, are you kidding me?

Swing voters held their noses in 2016, they won't do it again. As an Australian PM once said, a souffle only rises once.

To an extent, you are right. Both are somewhat stuck with the nominees that are now available. Difference being that the GOP has a deep bench to turn to, if Trump either gets imprisoned or incapacitated. Any number of viable alternatives who are capable of leading.

The Democrats? Let's say that the same happens to Biden, either his age finally catches up or he steps down.  Who do they have other than the execrable Kamala Harris? She would be an unmitigated disaster as a nominee and also, God forbid, as President.  Some are speculating that Biden is holding on until after he (possibly) wins the election, then can step down early in his term.  Again, a disaster for the United States and something that voters really need to consider. 

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

To an extent, you are right. Both are somewhat stuck with the nominees that are now available. Difference being that the GOP has a deep bench to turn to, if Trump either gets imprisoned or incapacitated. Any number of viable alternatives who are capable of leading.

The Democrats? Let's say that the same happens to Biden, either his age finally catches up or he steps down.  Who do they have other than the execrable Kamala Harris? She would be an unmitigated disaster as a nominee and also, God forbid, as President.  Some are speculating that Biden is holding on until after he (possibly) wins the election, then can step down early in his term.  Again, a disaster for the United States and something that voters really need to consider. 

I don't know what you have against Kamala Harris. Perhaps there is some misogyny there. You prefer the talking train wreck, Marjorie Taylor Greene?

Presidencies IMO should be measured partly by the quality of the staff they pick. Trump hired and fired many staff, in that kind of culture eventually the leader only gets told what his staff thinks he wants to hear. Just like Trump tells HIS followers what he thinks they want to hear. The results from the COVID pandemic are quite evident, a statistically significant higher death rate in red states compared to blue states.

How many people has Biden fired? Again, the results are there for anyone to see. GDP growth, highest ever in 2022, low unemployment, a booming stock market. No wonder Trump wants the economy to tank.

• Haha 1

so sleepy Joe,   how do you explain mixing up two names this week of recent presidents who are dead etc ....

geeeeze .....  your 81 for crying out allowed ....   does the US really want a forgetful, clumsy elderly man running the country ...

It's a joke ...   really sad for the US,    and Trump as a candidate is not much better  !!

what a sad selection the US has.    IMO

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I don't know what you have against Kamala Harris. Perhaps there is some misogyny there. You prefer the talking train wreck, Marjorie Taylor Greene?

Presidencies IMO should be measured partly by the quality of the staff they pick. Trump hired and fired many staff, in that kind of culture eventually the leader only gets told what his staff thinks he wants to hear. Just like Trump tells HIS followers what he thinks they want to hear. The results from the COVID pandemic are quite evident, a statistically significant higher death rate in red states compared to blue states.

How many people has Biden fired? Again, the results are there for anyone to see. GDP growth, highest ever in 2022, low unemployment, a booming stock market. No wonder Trump wants the economy to tank.

Misogyny? Where would you pull that from? I don't like her because she is shallow, fake, incompetent, and in way over her head.

For the GOP, I would prefer Governors Noem or DeSantis or Reynolds or even former governor Christie. Haley would not be too bad, although I am not a fan of her neo-con roots. 

My question was: who else could the Democrats realistically nominate other than Harris, if something were to happen to Biden? Or do you think she would be just jim dandy as the Democratic candidate? 

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Trump is a soufflé though so that comparison doesnt apply to him