As Israel attacks Rafah, US offers only words of caution

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

While you are obviously biased, and I'm not blaming you, both sides are responsibile for peace and the establishment of a two-state solution, violations and breaches have occurred on both sides. Blaming one party while absolving the other of any wrongdoing only perpetuates the cycle of violence and hinders the prospects for a just and lasting resolution to the conflict.

Here are examples of instances where Israel also breached agreements:

Settlement Expansion: Despite commitments to freeze settlement construction in the occupied territories, Israel has consistently expanded its settlements, which are considered illegal under international law. These actions undermine the territorial integrity and viability of a future Palestinian state.

Military Actions: Israel has conducted military operations in Gaza and the West Bank, resulting in civilian casualties and infrastructure damage. While Israel often cites security concerns, the scale and intensity of these operations have raised international concerns about proportionality and adherence to humanitarian law.

Resource Control: Israel maintains control over key resources such as water and land in the occupied territories, limiting Palestinian access and development. This control exacerbates economic disparities and impedes the establishment of a viable Palestinian state.

Jerusalem Status: The status of Jerusalem remains a contentious issue in negotiations. Israel's annexation of East Jerusalem and its declaration of Jerusalem as its capital have been widely criticized by the international community and undermine efforts to reach a negotiated settlement.

Blockades and Restrictions: Israel imposes restrictions on the movement of goods and people in and out of the Gaza Strip, exacerbating humanitarian conditions and hindering economic development. The blockade has been described by human rights organizations as a form of collective punishment against the civilian population.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Who made them  and is makig them refugees? Perhaps they ought to stop.

53 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Nonsense, I wrote Israel's part in it. You said 'Arabs attacked'.

Noticing how you didn't deny any of what I wrote.

Quite a difference in posting styles there. The first one totally off topic but does need some links to back up the claims

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

It's all come down to a choice to be and remain a refugee for decades while Hamas is using the Palestinians as

a bargaining chip, and what about the billions and billions spent by Hamas to dig tunnels and arm themselves 

hoping to win a war with israel (yeah right) while this money could have been spent to better the life

of the Palestinians...

Did you Israelis give them the money? 

You sound like you think you own the Palestinians, telling them what to do and where to go. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Did you Israelis give them the money? 

You sound like you think you own the Palestinians, telling them what to do and where to go. 

He was cortical of Hamas , rather n commenting on Palestinians .

He suggested that Hamas could have spent the aid money on helping Palestinian citizens in Gaza , rather than  building tunnels, buying weapons  and accumulate  huger personal wealth and its leaders living in luxury abroad .

Do you oppose Hamas actions of spending money on tunnels etc ?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ezzra said:

It's all come down to a choice to be and remain a refugee for decades while Hamas is using the Palestinians as

a bargaining chip, and what about the billions and billions spent by Hamas to dig tunnels and arm themselves 

hoping to win a war with israel (yeah right) while this money could have been spent to better the life

of the Palestinians...

Sooooo, you are claiming that if Hamas surrendered en mass, and was no longer in evidence, the nice israelis will let the Gazans have an independent country with no blockade, and are able to rule themselves?

I am sure that most of us know how likely that is, so I don't need to comment further.

• Love It 1

Topic Updates: WHO Urges Action as Gaza's Nasser Hospital Forced to Shut Doors Amid Israeli Raid

image.png

In a concerning turn of events, Gaza's Nasser hospital has been forced to cease operations following an Israeli raid, prompting urgent calls for action from the World Health Organization (WHO).

The hospital, a vital lifeline for many in the Gaza Strip, was raided by Israel Defense Force (IDF) troops under the pretext of rescuing hostages reportedly held by Hamas within the complex. However, the WHO has highlighted the dire consequences of the hospital's closure, emphasizing the critical need for medical care for the patients left stranded amidst the chaos.

Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the Director-General of WHO, expressed deep dismay over the situation, stating that the hospital's closure has left approximately 200 patients without access to essential medical services. Despite WHO's efforts to enter the premises to assess the conditions and provide urgent aid, access has been consistently denied, exacerbating the humanitarian crisis.

Reports from within the hospital paint a grim picture, with interruptions in the electricity and oxygen supply leading to the deaths of 11 patients. Furthermore, allegations of arrests of medical staff have added to the distressing circumstances surrounding the hospital's closure.

The Israeli military has defended its actions, claiming that its operation was precise and limited, aimed at neutralizing threats posed by Hamas militants allegedly using the hospital for nefarious purposes. However, the WHO has emphasized the need for impartial access to the hospital to assess the situation independently and provide necessary assistance to the patients.

The closure of Nasser hospital comes amidst escalating tensions in the region, with ongoing clashes between Israeli forces and Palestinian factions exacerbating an already dire humanitarian situation in Gaza. The WHO's call for urgent action underscores the need for all parties involved to prioritize the welfare of civilians and ensure access to essential healthcare services, even in times of conflict.

Source

image.png

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't know why you bother replying to an obviously baiting post.

IMO they don't have anything to paint the israelis in a good light with, so they resort to personal attacks on posters that don't support the israelis.

Tell us one thing, one, that Hamas did to better the lives of palestinians other than causing mess death, 

live ruined and destructions and that Palestinas will need billions in aid to rebuild that most

of it will go to Hamas pockets, Israel is not going anywhere or giving parts of israel to the Palestinians,

will the palestinians stop hating Israel? hell no, never, so what is the answer? more death and destructions

for years to come...

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ezzra said:

more death and destructions

for years to come...

On that I agree 100%. Israel will continue to oppress Palestinians and steal their land, and Palestinians will continue to fight back (  this is nothing new- the Irish resisted the English occupiers for 300 years or so ).

Is that what the israelis really want? To live in fear for generations to come?

Don't forget that millions of Palestinians live outside the borders of israel, where the IDF can't touch them. They will not forget.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

49 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

On that I agree 100%. Israel will continue to oppress Palestinians and steal their land, and Palestinians will continue to fight back (  this is nothing new- the Irish resisted the English occupiers for 300 years or so ).

Is that what the israelis really want? To live in fear for generations to come?

Don't forget that millions of Palestinians live outside the borders of israel, where the IDF can't touch them. They will not forget.

Israel will never forget the massacre of 7th of October and the people in Gaza are paying

and will continue to pay dearly,

The Palestinians are led by a terrorist group, and since most them support Hamas, their faith is sealed,

right or wrong, they will continue to die en masse, live in ruins and squalid as 'refugees' for decades to come,

So, it sound sensible that if you can't get what you think you owed or deserved get what you can,

or you and your generations to come will continue to die and suffer...

Edited by ezzra
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Israel will never forget the massacre of 7th of October and the people in Gaza are paying

and will continue to pay dearly,

The Palestinians are led by a terrorist group, and since most them support Hamas, their faith is sealed,

right or wrong, they will continue to die en masse, live in ruins and squalid as 'refugees' for decades to come,

So, it sound sensible that if you can't get what you think you owed or deserved get what you can,

or you and your generations to come will continue to die and suffer...

I find it very sad that, as an Israeli, you have no compassion for Palestinians. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't know why you bother replying to an obviously baiting post.

IMO they don't have anything to paint the israelis in a good light with, so they resort to personal attacks on posters that don't support the israelis.

If someone accuses me of supporting Hamas, I have to reply to them. I feel sympathy to the Israeli supporters, they really are in a dilemma. However, there are Jewish/Israeli people who have integrity and condemn what Israel are doing. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

If someone accuses me of supporting Hamas, I have to reply to them. I feel sympathy to the Israeli supporters, they really are in a dilemma. However, there are Jewish/Israeli people who have integrity and condemn what Israel are doing. 

Why have you never condemned Hamas and demanded the immediate release of the hostages as ordered by the International Court and Security Counsel resolution? All I have ever read from you is condemnation of Israel and how it is committing genocide and war crimes, yet Hamas has been the one committing war crimes every day since Oct 7th.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Social Media said:

Topic Updates: WHO Urges Action as Gaza's Nasser Hospital Forced to Shut Doors Amid Israeli Raid

image.png

In a concerning turn of events, Gaza's Nasser hospital has been forced to cease operations following an Israeli raid, prompting urgent calls for action from the World Health Organization (WHO).

The hospital, a vital lifeline for many in the Gaza Strip, was raided by Israel Defense Force (IDF) troops under the pretext of rescuing hostages reportedly held by Hamas within the complex. However, the WHO has highlighted the dire consequences of the hospital's closure, emphasizing the critical need for medical care for the patients left stranded amidst the chaos.

Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the Director-General of WHO, expressed deep dismay over the situation, stating that the hospital's closure has left approximately 200 patients without access to essential medical services. Despite WHO's efforts to enter the premises to assess the conditions and provide urgent aid, access has been consistently denied, exacerbating the humanitarian crisis.

Reports from within the hospital paint a grim picture, with interruptions in the electricity and oxygen supply leading to the deaths of 11 patients. Furthermore, allegations of arrests of medical staff have added to the distressing circumstances surrounding the hospital's closure.

The Israeli military has defended its actions, claiming that its operation was precise and limited, aimed at neutralizing threats posed by Hamas militants allegedly using the hospital for nefarious purposes. However, the WHO has emphasized the need for impartial access to the hospital to assess the situation independently and provide necessary assistance to the patients.

The closure of Nasser hospital comes amidst escalating tensions in the region, with ongoing clashes between Israeli forces and Palestinian factions exacerbating an already dire humanitarian situation in Gaza. The WHO's call for urgent action underscores the need for all parties involved to prioritize the welfare of civilians and ensure access to essential healthcare services, even in times of conflict.

Source

image.png

Another organization complicit with Hamas, they've known for a long time that the terrorists have been using hospitals and have never called them out on it.

Nasser Hospital has been well known as a hub where Hamas held hostages for a long time, and not just a few. Here's yet another released female hostage that spoke about it a month ago and stated around 30 had been there.

"They packed the family into an ambulance and brought them to a hospital Sharon said she now recognizes from the news as Nasser, in Khan Younis.

Three days later, Sharon said, she heard crying outside their room. She instantly recognized the cries as Emma’s.

“This guy just handed me Emma, like she’s a box or something. And I was shocked,” she said. “ I was certain she was dead. She was panicking and crying. I couldn’t believe that they brought her back to us.”

Reunited, the family spent the next few weeks in a room on the hospital’s first floor. Stacked boxes separated the hostage section from the rest of the hospital floor, Sharon said. She described sleeping with the girls on a small bed, using a pillow stained with blood. At one point, she said, 12 hostages were packed in the tiny room.

The family soon found out they were being held near two additional rooms of captives, nearly 30 in total. Captors eventually let the hostages spend time in one another’s rooms, Cunio said."

https://apnews.com/article/israel-hamas-gaza-war-hostages-cunio-captivity-869241bb259b00a8f98817edf89b0bc8

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Social Media said:

image.png

Source

image.png

Ah, good old Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus; the world’s number one Chinese lacky, who presented every CCP lie to the rest of the world as factual, throughout the entire Covid pandemic. The WHO, more discredited and corrupt than the UN, difficult though that might be to believe.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Ah, good old Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus; the world’s number one Chinese lacky, who presented every CCP lie to the rest of the world as factual, throughout the entire Covid pandemic. The WHO, more discredited and corrupt than the UN, difficult though that might be to believe.

Deflection.

Anything to say about one of the last functioning hospitals in Gaza closing?

• Confused 3

Having seen how the situation in South Asia unfolds and how western media deal with Muslims, I sympathise with the Israeli efforts to assert itself. Too many people have this idea that the Arabs do no wrong when in fact the Arabs have been worse than Europeans in most negative issues such as imperialism and racism etc... 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Deflection.

Anything to say about one of the last functioning hospitals in Gaza closing?

Yes. Hamas turned Nasser hospital into a command center, where they held Israeli hostages captive, and that meantime, IDF brought in spare generators and equipment, to help patients.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Any entity, group or country that want to see Israel gone, eradicated, massacred  in a blood shed 

I have no mercy or sympathy for,  Palestinians are allowing a terrorist group tied to Iran and other shady countries

and they're willing to lose tens of thousands of lives for a dream that will never happen, only to serve as 

pawn by others and they're too blind to see it...

Then you can hardly complain, when in the future israel may face a more substantial enemy than some lightly armed resistance fighters that feels the same way about israelis.

We reap what we sow, according to the Old Testament, which is the Jewish part of the Bible.

2 minutes ago, Arindos said:

Having seen how the situation in South Asia unfolds and how western media deal with Muslims, I sympathise with the Israeli efforts to assert itself. Too many people have this idea that the Arabs do no wrong when in fact the Arabs have been worse than Europeans in most negative issues such as imperialism and racism etc... 

I worked in Saudi for years so I am well aware of what Arabs are like, but I don't like bullies whatever ethnicity they are persecuting.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Then you can hardly complain, when in the future israel may face a more substantial enemy than some lightly armed resistance fighters that feels the same way about israelis.

We reap what we sow, according to the Old Testament, which is the Jewish part of the Bible.

lightly armed resistance fighters that feels the same way about israelis.

Terrorists, can you show me resistance fighters that carry out the worst mass killing, rape, and torture of Jews since the holocaust?

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I worked in Saudi for years so I am well aware of what Arabs are like, but I don't like bullies whatever ethnicity they are persecuting.

I'd like to see you replace all the "white" and "jew" hate messages that anti-colonialists, anti-hindus and anti-islamophobes write and aim them at Arabs instead. We can have entire political movements across the western world demeaning the Muslims. "Free Israel from the river to the sea" etc...

The Arabs are the instigators in all of these conflicts. To say that they are the victims is basically says they are the victims of their own actions.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Arindos said:

I'd like to see you replace all the "white" and "jew" hate messages that anti-colonialists, anti-hindus and anti-islamophobes write and aim them at Arabs instead. We can have entire political movements across the western world demeaning the Muslims. "Free Israel from the river to the sea" etc...

The Arabs are the instigators in all of these conflicts. To say that they are the victims is basically says they are the victims of their own actions.

LOL. Can you name any Arab country that since the end of the European Dark Age has gone out to colonise other countries? I'm pretty sure that was a European thing.

Soooo, your contention is that since the Arab countries were colonised by Europeans it's all their own fault that modern israel was imposed on them by old white men half the planet away.

Carry on.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Can you name any Arab country that since the end of the European Dark Age has gone out to colonise other countries? I'm pretty sure that was a European thing.

Soooo, your contention is that since the Arab countries were colonised by Europeans it's all their own fault that modern israel was imposed on them by old white men half the planet away.

Carry on.

Why do you consider the Arabs to be the victims of oppressions when it's traditionally and continues to be the the Arabs being the oppressors? They are also the ones being racist against numerous groups including Jews, Asians and Blacks? In fact countries under Islamic rule are one of the few places where White people get racism as well.

Can you name a European country that has gone on to colonise other countries since WWII? The Arabs certainly had imperialist ambitions up until at least WWI so the gap of the interwar period is not sufficient to placate your argument that European imperialism was somehow worse than Arab imperialism.

Israel has been there since ancient times. Do you think that Black Americans or Native Americans should have rights in the US? The same applies to Israel and Jews.  

Edited by Arindos
Changed Indian to a more all encompassing Asian
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The situation as it is today exists because, IMO, the zionists never had any compassion for Palestinians. Palestine used to be a multi ethnicity area where Jews and Arabs lived together, but that all changed in 1948, and zionists wanted it all for themselves.

Actually the Arabs wanted it all.

The Jews accepted the UN partition. The Arabs didn't and attacked en masse.

To add you conveniently fail to mention the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem who lived in Berlin during  WW2 and actively sought and received a promise from Hitler to kill all the Jews in the middle east after he finished with the Jews in Europe. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1