Real price of a new motorbike.

8 hours ago, G_Money said:

After years of renting Hondas a few years ago bought my beloved Vespa.  Never looked at another Honda again.

134.00 baht plus about 15k in accessories.

Love it.

IMG_4653.jpeg

My next door neighbour got a white Vespa just like that last year. It's nice. I saw somebody on a "Mod" scooter a few weeks ago wirh loads of mirrors and lights, he didn't have a "Parker" on though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Well, find out who it was and go after 'im, sport. Meanwhile, the OP said, "So I've been browsing the internet the past few weeks and checking out the new bikes," not scooters as you insist. WOT???

You are the only poster on here that has compared Motor bikes and Scooters for the purpose of the article. Technically scooters are motor bikes but should be called motor scooters as they are of a different design. I have owned and ridden many of both.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

You are the only poster on here that has compared Motor bikes and Scooters for the purpose of the article.

I made no such comparison. Or can't you think logically? And how did you determine the purpose of the post beyond all doubt based on the title of the article and the OP's statement he'd be been browsing for bikes? Finding a Click doesn't mean he might not be interested in anything else.

Nor am I the only poster to refer to motorbikes (without comparing them), or didn't you see the 2nd post in the thread? @KannikaPposted a vid of "Little Honda," by the Beach Boys, a song inspired by Honda motorbikes. The video contains numerous pics of bikes.

Technically scooters are motor bikes but should be called motor scooters as they are of a different design.

Yes, ma'am, but, you see, nobody here dared call a scooter a motobike. Are you done? Can eat?

I have owned and ridden many of both.

Keep counting those wins.

Edited by BigStar
  • Haha 2

One year ago I paid 70K for a Honda Click 160. I could swear the Honda dealer told n=me the 125 was no longer available (they didn't have any in the store). The had a slightly cheaper Hand Lead 140cc for mid 60Ks. I'd have gotten their hand of for a 125cc at 57K....I paid that for one 15 years ago. 

On 2/12/2024 at 4:42 PM, brianthainess said:

traded it in for a Robin reliant

More likely to have been a Reliant Robin unless it was a "50 Honda" that you traded!  I had a "Popular Ford" fifty-odd years ago and a "Victor Vauxhall" and graduated into "Benz-Mercedes".

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 1

On 2/12/2024 at 4:49 PM, KannikaP said:

Oooh you posh'un. I only had a Bond Minicar, with a Villiers engine, which turned with the steeriimage.jpeg.cb2449a88f876307172d41f759b54c5f.jpegng.

My mate had one, open the bonnet and kick start if you needed reverse. I actually towed  him home once with my Honda 90 :cheesy: I remember him turning it over on a sharp bend with 3 of us inside, we all got and just pushed it back onto its wheels. My favorite 3 wheeler was the Barclay 2 wheels at the front. 

• Love It 1

22 minutes ago, brianthainess said:
38 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

More likely to have been a Reliant Robin unless it was a "50 Honda" that you traded!  

Get a life.

...or get a "Robin Reliant"!   I suppose that if you ever rolled it then it would, sort of, be a Reliant Robin.  Get a sense of humour.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 1

On 2/12/2024 at 2:45 PM, KannikaP said:

little_honda.jpg.b063ee79ed80b3431164079e76ba7d51.jpg

I still remember the last part of the AM radio jingle from back then:

"Honda prices start about two-fifteen ($)

Go little Honda, go little Honda

You meet the nicest people on a Honda."

Anyone else remember that? I would have been about 10 or 11 years old then.

I could walk to the Honda shop in 10 minutes from our house.

$215 was the Super Cub price.

As far as the dealer prices in Thailand, in the last 12 years, I have bought at least 8 new motorbikes or scooters in Thailand, at dealerships, and never paid more than the listed MSRP. 

Paid cash every time.

But none of those bikes were purchased in a large city, other than my last purchase, which was a new Suzuki purchased in downtown Phuket. I also paid MSRP for that one. Maybe because Suzukis are not so popular in Thailand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems some shops want to sell finance and collect commissions for that.

Maybe they charge extra if someone wants to just buy a bike without finance and without them earning commission on that.

Or they have a monopoly and just bump the price up because they can, falang mostly roll over

22 hours ago, BigStar said:

Yes, ma'am, but, you see, nobody here dared call a scooter a motobike. Are you done? Can eat?

Get off it already. A bike is a bike, two wheeled transportation. If it has a motor, then it’s a motorbike/motorcycle, scooter or not. Don’t let it get to your head, it’s just a bike, okay?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, novacova said:

Get off it already. A bike is a bike, two wheeled transportation. If it has a motor, then it’s a motorbike/motorcycle, scooter or not. Don’t let it get to your head, it’s just a bike, okay?

What are YOU doing on it? Please address your post to @George FmplesdaCosteedback He may be happy to argue with you. Me, I'm merely finding his posts good for a laugh.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/12/2024 at 2:58 PM, VocalNeal said:

Didn't the guys in Pattaya used to get better prices at a dealer in Ban Bueng or somewhere like that? 

Bought a new Honda Click 125 in Bo Win late last year - cheaper than pattaya dealers, free delivery.

PH

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/13/2024 at 4:07 PM, thailand49 said:

The Click 125 I believe is being phazed out slowly replscef by the 160.

The difference online price from the dealer might be two things 

1st, online wheels spoke or Alloy, alloys are better and worth the extra expense 4000 difference 2nd Keyless entry.

Unless you are on a budget will worth moving up to a 160cc, much more than just CC, overall a much better ride and bike Techno wise.

While this may be true for some, I find the 125 perfect for zipping around town...really don;t need any extra oomph.  Mrs found the 160 too big - the 125 is big enough and, when she's on the back, is almost too big for her to get on/off.  Worth bearing in mind for a couple.

PH

36 minutes ago, novacova said:

Actually there is a techincal difference between a motorbike and a scooter.   Depends if engine is attached to chassis (scooter, which alows "step through" platform) or  frame (bike).

Typically, bikes will also have larger CC engines - but there is considerable overlap.

PH 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Actually there is a techincal difference between a motorbike and a scooter.   Depends if engine is attached to chassis (scooter, which alows "step through" platform) or  frame (bike).

Typically, bikes will also have larger CC engines - but there is considerable overlap.

PH 

A bike is a bike, two wheeled transport, whether it’s pedal driven or motor driven.  Silly conversation. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

While this may be true for some, I find the 125 perfect for zipping around town...really don;t need any extra oomph.  Mrs found the 160 too big - the 125 is big enough and, when she's on the back, is almost too big for her to get on/off.  Worth bearing in mind for a couple.

PH

I much prefer riding the wave 125 in and around town, cuts through traffic and agile. The bn600 is parked 90% of the time.

27 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

PH

I hear this all the time, as I noted it is more than the CC, the techno of the big, the suspension the hangling. I started with the original Click 2006 110 cc, has 200,000 KM. I had no intention of buying a 150 PCX, in 2012, but I did wife said I was selfish too big my son said old man bike. Today 125,000 KM family has nothing below 150, son now 24, wife 52 kilos switch between the PCX and new Click 160 purchase 72,000, son wife Vespa 150,  both close to 200 lbs LOL, once they try it for a day you never see it again aside from me that is all they use it for to point A to B. 

Then of course cutting thru traffic nonsense heard that too Ive not deviated from cutting through traffic one bite from the old click or my son 125

Edited by thailand49

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

PH

125i Click is definitely enough but lacks good colour choices that's why i chose the 160, ah plus old shape

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

I hear this all the time, as I noted it is more than the CC, the techno of the big, the suspension the hangling. I started with the original Click 2006 110 cc, has 200,000 KM. I had no intention of buying a 150 PCX, in 2012, but I did wife said I was selfish too big my son said old man bike. Today 125,000 KM family has nothing below 150, son now 24, wife 52 kilos switch between the PCX and new Click 160 purchase 72,000, son wife Vespa 150,  both close to 200 lbs LOL, once they try it for a day you never see it again aside from me that is all they use it for to point A to B. 

Then of course cutting thru traffic nonsense heard that too Ive not deviated from cutting through traffic one bite from the old click or my son 125

Good for you.  Sounds like my OH is quite a lot smaller than yours, or your son.  I merely suggested something for prospective purchasers to consider; really didn't need the lecture, thanks.

PH

8 hours ago, Phulublub said:

Good for you.  Sounds like my OH is quite a lot smaller than yours, or your son.  I merely suggested something for prospective purchasers to consider; really didn't need the lecture, thanks.

PH

And I merely responded just as you to prospective purchaser another view to consider and disspell the nonsense view about the size.

Dito I also dont need the smug lecture and <deleted> remark! 

Dito glad we on the dame page in regards Thanks

Edited by thailand49

Back to my original post.  I bought a Honda Click 125 at a motorbike/scooter shop called Mityon in Pattaya for 56,900.  The 5000 baht extra to the list price I was told was to cover delivery, number plates and pre-delivery checks.  Apparently, Honda is fazing out the Click 125i and the 150.  

As to my wording of the original post, does it matter if I call it motorbike or scooter?  99.9% of you knew what I was going on about.  I just wanted to share my experience of buying a new motorbike/scooter.  At the end of the day, it's an open-seated motor vehicle with handlebars and two wheels.

As this thread has gone a bit wayward I feel it wouldn't be amiss to advertise my new book that was released last week.

"Pattaya Calling," is a humourous look at one man's trip to Pattaya.  Available on Amazon.

Edited by essexman

18 minutes ago, essexman said:

I bought a Honda Click 125 at a motorbike/scooter shop called Mityon in Pattaya for 56,900.  The 5000 baht extra to the list price I was told was to cover delivery, number plates and pre-delivery checks.

They were lying to you, registration is 1800 or less

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

They were lying to you, registration is 1800 or less

I don't recall mentioning registration.  I went to several shops and 56.900 was the cheapest I could get the vehicle locally.  Now, I'm sure some clever clogs will tell me where I went wrong or I should have done so and so.  However, I'm happy, and at the end of the day, that's all that matters.  I couldn't be arsed to scour the country to save a few baht.

I posted this thread because I wanted to share the difference between the Honda website list price and the actual price you have to pay.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, essexman said:

I don't recall mentioning registration.  I went to several shops and 56.900 was the cheapest I could get the vehicle locally.  Now, I'm sure some clever clogs will tell me where I went wrong or I should have done so and so.  However, I'm happy, and at the end of the day, that's all that matters.  I couldn't be arsed to scour the country to save a few baht.

I posted this thread because I wanted to share the difference between the Honda website list price and the actual price you have to pay.

Yeah you guys that get stiffed don't mind getting stiffed, that's a good thing, well done

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/19/2024 at 5:58 AM, essexman said:

posted this thread because I wanted to share the difference between the Honda website list price and the actual price you have to pay.

This is not new information to all of us, it's been discussed many times over the years. 

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

This is not new information to all of us, it's been discussed many times over the years. 

Well. I'm glad I posted now.  Not everybody is a long-term member.  Thanks for your valuable input.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 2:38 PM, essexman said:

My dear old Yamaha Fino is on its last legs.  Fourteen years old and god knows what mileage, (my Speedo packed up six years ago.) 

So I've been browsing the internet the past few weeks and checking out the new bikes.  I've decided to get a Honda Click 125.  On the Honda website, it's advertised at 51,900 baht.

So, today I was surprised to find out that the three Honday motorbike dealerships in Pattaya start their prices at 57 plus.

May I suggest you at least take a test ride on an Aerox before you commit to a Click.

Amazing ride, keyless and ABS.