Begging for money online to support his bar.

n00dle

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

People are just desperate to live the dream hence opening rubbish bars which close eventually

Yeah, I wanted to be a moustached beach guy solving crimes with hijinx for a wealthy hot hi-so, needless to say <sigh> it wasn't meant to be.

Mango PI

Edited by fondue zoo
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, roo860 said:

How can he be a nice guy, you know him personally? Seems like a typical Bogan. Wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw a kangaroo. 

Read the google reviews. I guess you didn't do that and just pilled on the abuse like the others.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

If he had the brains that god gave him, he'd beg his ex-girlfriend to beg for the cash instead.

There was a guy begging for money for his really poor quality guest house, waaaay off the beach during Covid. Visibly sweating from the stress and hyperventilating.

This guy needs more observable misery to keep me watching. He seems merely mildly peturbed to be losing his dream.

Why is it always like an Al Queda hostage video with just a talking head in a small room?

At least the guy is doing something. Too many bars really to make a go of it. 

• Haha 1

Bars and YouTube.

About a year ago a YouTube channel from a Canadian setting up The Last Bar, Chiang Mai. Thought he'd bought the bar, but lost in translation it was only leased. Lost a lot on the rebuild, all went quiet.

He's back now having returned to work in Canada while the bar was losing - his statement - 50-60,000 a month. Pumping more money into it to make the bar a success - give him points for perseverance! and maybe he'll recover the losses eventually.

• Like 1

Just now, JimTripper said:

There are some where you can live on the premisis. I saw one for rent for the same amount that I rent my condo for. It had a bathroom, sink etc.

Seemed a reasonable arrangement, at the time, for someone who is retired. Live in a top or side room, close the gate and the bar area is your living room, open the front area as a small bar during the daytime, meet people, have fun.

It was tiny for a bar, but if you are living there it could work 🤷🏻‍♂️ since you would not really need to make a lot of money.

Micro business. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, uttradit said:

No worse than motorbike riders who crash or biden asking for campaign funds

You didn't mention trump continuously asking his naive MAGA followers for very big donations...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

You didn't mention trump continuously asking his naive MAGA followers for very big donations...

Don't need to. There's enough TDS people to complain about Trump all day long.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

The bar is in Rompho Market Jomtien 2nd road, no living accommodation, the area has picked up, with many new bars opening since covid, but low season the whole place struggles

The bars are on very short leasers I heard. The land is owned by the Church of Thailand

I use Rompho a lot, but have not been to his, it's the wrong end of the complex

40 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

Yep, saw his vids. Often go past the bar and usually not too many people in it. As the name suggests it is the last bar in a line of bars and I think most patrons get hijacked before they reach there.

Reviews are good so location is not. He said he put $60,000 into it. Should have put it into gold or a condo.

• Haha 1

Thousands of bars in Pattaya, and they change hands every year or so, after owners crash and burn with leases they cannot afford.

The guy is making a YouTube video and trying to say that the 200K might get some mug a sixth of his bar that is already facing big problems. By the look of it, he's basing it on the money he has spent and dividing it by six to get roughly 200K THB.

A sixth of a bar for 200K, they may as well wait until it goes bust. How much does he think he will get for second hand fixtures and fittings?

He goes on to say he doesn't want to discuss his personal stuff, as though nobody on YouTube who is a regular in Pattaya could possibly guess.

His best bet is to call it a day, get back to OZ and get working.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Does bignok ask for money, I wonder.........?  :whistling:

Couldn't even spell his new name correctly. Missing an 'l' and an 'i' and an 'o'. Also has an extra 't'. 

Edited by gargamon
Spelling
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Thousands of bars in Pattaya, and they change hands every year or so, after owners crash and burn with leases they cannot afford.

The guy is making a YouTube video and trying to say that the 200K might get some mug a sixth of his bar that is already facing big problems.

A sixth of a bar for 200K, they may as well wait until it goes bust. How much does he think he will get for second hand fixtures and fittings?

He goes on to say he doesn't want to discuss his personal stuff, as though nobody on YouTube who is a regular in Pattaya could possibly guess.

His best bet is to call it a day, get back to OZ and get working.

One reviewer mentioned prices. Just taking a guess gross profit would be like 1000 baht a day. Net profit would be zero. These bars look like a break even situation and if rent goes up you lose.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Seppius said:

The bar is in Rompho Market Jomtien 2nd road, no living accommodation, the area has picked up, with many new bars opening since covid, but low season the whole place struggles

The bars are on very short leasers I heard. The land is owned by the Church of Thailand

I use Rompho a lot, but have not been to his, it's the wrong end of the complex

Is it one of those small ones on that center island? I used to walk through there during the day and they were all closed, not even open for business, except one or two. I don't even think I could pull 500 baht a day running one of those as "everyone" just hits the two at the end near 2nd road.

Edited by JimTripper

4 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Is it one of those small ones on that center island? I used to walk through there during the day and they were all closed, not even open for business, except one or two. I don't even think I could pull 500 baht a day running one of those as everyone just hits the two at the end near 2nd road.

The only successful bars I see have proper live music or a proper restaurant attached. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, uttradit said:

The only successful bars I see have proper live music or a proper restaurant attached. 

Those on that center island are just a small bar counter, small pool table and a couple chairs. There are a bunch of others just a few feet away in a different section right next to you. The profit would be peanuts unless there were large crowds moving around.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

There are some where you can live on the premisis. I saw one for rent for the same amount that I rent my condo for. It had a bathroom, sink etc.

Seemed a reasonable arrangement, at the time, for someone who is retired. Live in a top or side room, close the gate and the bar area is your living room, open the front area as a small bar during the daytime, meet people, have fun. If nobody shows up no big deal, your there having a drink.

It was tiny for a bar, but if you are living there it could work 🤷🏻‍♂️ since you would not really need to make a lot of money.

My concern with that arrangement would be the local plod coming by for their tribute.  But it sure sounds like fun, even though I took the oath in 1988 and haven't had a drop since.  Great way to stay active in the community, even if I'd be that slug in the corner sipping iced tea.  Compare that the the tragic guys who die lonely...