Health ministry’s alcohol curfew talks hit a hiccup

webfact

I've seen end on end of countless times the motorbike Taxi drivers just before 11:00am STOCKING UP BIG TIME........I actually thought that time was for praying and going to the temples and spiritual practices......

24 minutes ago, VBF said:

I cannot think of a place where tourists CAN'T get an afternoon drink! Yesterday afternoon I went on a bar crawl in Pattaya...never noticed any restrictions as this morning's headache attests🙄🤔

Downtown Riyadh......

I found it puzzling the 4am closure of entertainment venues got a priority over the liberation of afternoon alcohol sales.... I thought the latter seemed to make more sense. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Downtown Riyadh......

I found it puzzling the 4am closure of entertainment venues got a priority over the liberation of afternoon alcohol sales.... I thought the latter seemed to make more sense. 

Dare I refer to you as "slightly pedantic"? 😄

I sort of agree with your second sentence....

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Mostly pedantic and highly cynical perhaps. 

Sort of :offtopic:but Mike Harding once defined cyniscm as "the romantic's condom"

5 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

Give me a break. It's obvious that businesses will do better....

Everyone knows that widget shops that don't sell widgets from 2-5 have the highest profit margins. Why? Because Buddha told me.

1 hour ago, VBF said:

I cannot think of a place where tourists CAN'T get an afternoon drink! Yesterday afternoon I went on a bar crawl in Pattaya...never noticed any restrictions as this morning's headache attests🙄🤔

People walking into to 7 expecting to take a beer back to hotel ‘n suchlike. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Somebody with half a brain and some power needs to bypass the silliness (meetings with whom about what?) and make it happen. Not selling at these times DOES NOT STOP PEOPLE DRINKING; one just can’t buy at 7-11 and big stores. Restaurants and bars still serve it, other shops still sell it, people have caches of the stuff, people still DUI at these times and crash. All it does is frustrate and perplex tourists who want an afternoon livener while make Thailand look stupid and backward. The powers that be are just too afraid to pull the pin. 

What !   Stop all those high powered Free Lunches with Wine at whatever time they choose to meet...no chance !

Stupid and Backward is the norm here.

Edited by trainman34014
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Almer said:

In case you feel I'll you can go and buy cannabis medicine

Alcohol also has medicinal properties, it expands blood vessels especially Brandy. When I worked in vascular surgery we kept bottles of Brandy, Vodka and other spirits in the medicine trolley. They were dispensed in 30ml doses 3 to 4 times a day to patients with severe vascular problems. It was so tempting when i dispensed them to get a shot for myself especially on the night shift, fortunately I never did, the spectre of being struck off for drug abuse prevented me doing so.🙂