Unruly British man goes berserk on Bangkok-London flight (video)

webfact

4 hours ago, Phil1964 said:

Hopefully! Confiscate his passport.

Put a block on The Passport Office issuing a new one to the idiot. Register them on airline's block lists. I'd say for 20 years so his holiday choices are extremely limited. Might be a lesson to others intent on causing trouble and / or even endangering lives of other passengers and airline crews.

I would think that, he will be doing some jail time, and receive a ban from entering Thailand, won't be enjoying a cold beer and Thai hospitality for some time, possibly receive an airline ban as well, after he has time to think, I hope for a few years in jail, a nutter. 

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:
1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

From personal experience, the AirAsia hostess wasn't gay, she was bi.

How do you know that ?

The private party 3-some after my pal's bachelor party in Kuala Lumpur about 8 years ago.

1 hour ago, balo said:

They should test all passengers for drugs before they are allowed on the flight, that would teach them a lesson.  

But I do not understand why the plane did not return to Bangkok when the fight started early just after takeoff?  

let me see here... a thai plane headed to britain with a stroppy brit and maybe 170 other passengers who want to go to london and don't want to go back to bangkok

there ya go. sorted

14 hours ago, blazes said:

Er, I don't think there's an airport at Hull. 

But  I know what you mean....

Did I say plane .. bus  Victoria coach station. I forgot the name of the bus company.(Megabus)

11 minutes ago, redwhiteandblue said:

This makes me ashamed to be British.

For all of you who are saying 'why is it always the Brits? The answer is 'I don't know', except there are a lot of idiots like this in the UK, and idiots like this are a big part of the reason why I left the UK.  

Finally, I might add, that we are not all like this. some of us just want to get on with our lives peacefully without drama.

That's why the Thais always take my Canadian passport (blue) instead of the British (red). They tell Me Canadians are lovely people.  Little so they know me.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

I would think that, he will be doing some jail time, and receive a ban from entering Thailand, won't be enjoying a cold beer and Thai hospitality for some time, possibly receive an airline ban as well, after he has time to think, I hope for a few years in jail, a nutter. 

But wasn't he arrested on arrival back in the UK? So he'll get a 1 month suspended sentence, fine of £100 for punching the airline steward and a collection of Man U DVDs of the post Fergie years to watch on repeat for 7 days as his proper punishment!! 🤣🤣

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, transam said:

Yeh riiiiiiight, so thousands upon thousands of travellers attack flight staff............🤣

No, it´s just that the rest of the world must chip in to help the Brits to behave.

• Confused 2

17 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Ridiculous, ignorant comment. Cannabis has a calming effect. Alcohol and meth result in aggression.

Yes, users generally seem to be placid and non-threatening, but they do seem to be easily baited!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, shackleton said:

Only consolation was the Brit was going back to the UK

one less quality Brit tourist here in Thailand

there are enough causing trouble as it is 😱

Do you think the aircraft will return to Bangkok empty or loaded up with Thais?

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, John Drake said:

Before being allowed to board any commercial aircraft, all would be passengers should be required to submit a registered IQ identification card. No boarding for anyone with less than a 100 IQ. That will stop just about 95 percent of these type incidents.

And 95% of Thais travelling.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Your opinion probably because you are (I guess) a dinosaur who doesn't like recreational drugs.   All of which should be legalised so adults can what they like to have fun. 

This incident on the aircraft that endangered many would suggest that to be a silly statement.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, RobU said:

If you watch the cabin staff they close the door and pull a manual handle to secure it but not 'lock' it. The doors open outwards, the pressure in the cabin is higher than the pressure outside hence it would blow open if the handle was moved There is nothing to stop an idiot from moving the handle and opening the door.

Nonsense....

17 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Money would not be an issue with any other airline, where the overall safety of passengers and crew comes first.

This outburst falls into this category.

The plane should have returned, and he should have been hauled off, the passengers would have understood instead of a nerve wracking 11-hour journey wondering what he was going to do next.

Fully agree. Normally all airlines state that safety is their number one priority, which makes sense. Having this guy in an enclosed space for 11 hours, not knowing what he was going to do next must have made all the cabin crew nervous.

As this was a long haul flight the aircraft would have had a full loads of fuel, which would have needed dumping before returning to Bangkok, which would be very expensive, but they , Thai Airlines, could have given the Brit the bill!

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, ravip said:

Can you please explain in detail why flying is stressful for a normal person? 

It's more about the being kept waiting, queueing and messing about beforehand, once sat in the seat with the glass of OJ or champers it isn't too bad. 

4 minutes ago, Deserted said:

So he didn't want to go back home, that's understandable.

So he then took it out on the toilet door ?

There has been many bizarre incidences in Thailand which have been drug related and this plane episode fits the bill .

1 minute ago, itsari said:

There has been many bizarre incidences in Thailand which have been drug related and this plane episode fits the bill .

Quite likely yes

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, itsari said:

It's a lavatory, not a toilet.

1 hour ago, arick said:

That's why the Thais always take my Canadian passport (blue) instead of the British (red). They tell Me Canadians are lovely people.  Little so they know me.

British passports are not red nowadays.