Thaksin freed on parole and returns to Ban Chan Song La residence

webfact

6 hours ago, MarcelV said:

Great news! My wife and her entire village are celebrating. Everywhere are red flags and flags with the image of Mr. Thaksin. Everyone is wearing red today to express their happiness.

Here in Issan people know when it's time for a party. 🙂

My wife is praying for Mr. Thaksin to replace the current PM asap and give back more to the lovely Issan folk.

☺️

My Isaan wife is entirely different.

We were on holiday in Scotland, near Loch Ness I think. I'm not sure of the year but probably 2011 or 2012. I'd never discussed politics with her, but I sat down beside her with my laptop. There was a picture of Thaksin with someone else who I can't remember. My wife is in no way violent but she surprised me by pulling her fingers across her throat and making what I assume was supposed to be a cutting sound. Then we went to the UK this last Christmas and were walking in one of the parks in Southampton where there's a speaker's podium. She stood on it whilst I took a picture. I wasn't until I got closer that I heard what she was saying. "Thaksin go to hell". He certainly brings out a different side to her.

If he does become PM again I wonder if he'll finally get round to delivering justice for those killed by the army during the red shirt protests as he promised? Of course not, I'm being silly aren't I. From what you've said it seems those in your village have forgotten about those victims anyway, probably in favour of the hope of money.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, uttradit said:

Most hate Taksin or Trump. Why hate anybody? Hate is a sign your life isn't fun and therefore you are looking to blame somebody else.

If my life weren't fun I'm not sure why I'd blame Thaksin or Trump.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, BenStark said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he experience a Sondhi moment in the near future.

That they had a cordon with a bullet proof car indicates they are aware

What bullet proof car ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Did you bother to read my post CONFIRMING your point?

I will precis it so that even you can understand it;

Yingluck was removed from office on 7 May 2014 by a Constitutional Court decision!
On 22 May 2014, the Royal Thai Armed Forces, led by General Prayut Chan-o-cha, Commander of the Royal Thai Army (RTA), launched a coup d'état

Dreadfully sorry, I misread your post...deepest apologies.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, billd766 said:
3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, it did not.  She was not Prime Minister at the time of the 2014 coup!

Semantics aside, yes it did.

What do you mean, "Yes it did"?  Yes what did and what did it do? 

Semantics do not come into it, Yingluck was not PM at the time of the coup.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Did you miss that from 'P Thaksin?

Oh wait, you didn't since you were the first reply in that thread, just shows what a troll you are Jerome

https://aseannow.com/topic/1320210-thaksin-released-from-hospital/

BREAKING: Former inmate Thaksin Shinwatra has left Police Hospital in a van around 6.30am Sunday, followed by a bullet-proof vehicle. He was wearing a green sanitary mask.

From this thread... it says security not bullet proof.

image.png.7c0b04ed431f59620068a6317aedc395.png

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gknrd said:

As soon as the show ended and he closed the door to his house . The sling came off and a cold drink was poured.. His 18 year old female  personal servant was taking care of him. 

Don't you just love a happy ending... 🙂

Just 1 does not seem realistic. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BenStark said:

Didn't know there was an Isaan in South Thailand, because that is where you live according to your posts

Meanwhile, if one lives in Chiang Mai, Isaan would be described as being in the south. SE actually.

• Confused 3