Thaksin freed on parole and returns to Ban Chan Song La residence

webfact

19 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

This image raises doubts about how healthy the Thai medical system is.

He looked quite chipper when he returned. Six months later he looks near death. 

The whole thing is a charade so nobody loses face . He'll be primeminister next month you watch.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Too ill to be in prison, but not too ill to go home.

You forget that he is a wealthy man he can build a small hospital at his home and employ expert medical staff to give him the same, or better, care as at the police hospital. However the government will not go to the considerable expense of building such facilities at the prison. Therefore I agree he perhaps is to ill to go back to prison but not too ill to go home where he will receive further medical care.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

The image of him is almost laughable with an arm, brace and neck brace. I guess you’re trying to cover all bases but the day before he came in and when he flew it in his private brand new jet, he looked pretty healthy to me. The whole thing is is unbelievable. How could the people believe this crap TIT

It's possible that he had a major procedure on his heart. This kind of procedure involves inserting a catheter at the artery in the neck which is directed under x-ray control to the heart. Immobilisation of the  neck and arm is to stop the arterial wound from tearing open.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, geisha said:

Yes, as in many countries , home nursing is a choice. a nurse or two comes by every day , checks blood, tension etc, and as Thaksin is very well off he will have his own doctor come every day too. Lots of day dreamers on here.

I think the point is he was not well enough to be released from hospital until the day he was paroled from his commuted jail sentence. And you seem to be believing that. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I think the point is he was not well enough to be released from hospital until the day he was paroled from his commuted jail sentence. And you seem to be believing that

You seem to think that the government is willing to pay for the same facilities at the prison that he will pay for at home. i.e. spend more money on Thaksin than on other prisoners and give him the special privileges of private nursing and medical care at the prison. Think logically your comment doesn't make sense. He was a prisoner at the hospital and could not be discharged back to prison because there are no facilities for his care at the prison. Now he has been paroled he can be discharged to private medical care at his own home

Edited by RobU
Clarification
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You are indeed confusing me...... 

They did pay for all these facilities for some 6 months, and more. Something other prisoners do not aspire to, indeed some die in jail for want of medical care. 

They paid for EXISTING facilities at the hospital. The did not pay hundreds of thousands to have those same facilities unnecessarily duplicated at the prison. Thaksin has paid for those facilities from his own wealth to be duplicated at his home.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RobU said:

They paid for EXISTING facilities at the hospital. The did not pay hundreds of thousands to have those same facilities unnecessarily duplicated at the prison. Thaksin has paid for those facilities from his own wealth to be duplicated at his home.

He got a bargain... much better than 8 years in jail!

• Agree 1