Thaksin Virtually Held Hostage With Lese Majeste Lawsuit: NIDA Academic

webfact

Reminds me of a dog training programme. The dog sits put and quiet, as the owner holds a rolled-up newspaper in his hand and the dog knows exactly, that barking will result in a smack with the newspaper ......  

• Like 2

Thai politics and the legal system are disheartening to everyone but the Thai people who allow one travesty of justice after another to pass unquestioned. If they don't care why should I, unless of course Thaksin's return to power accelerates the de-legalisation of weed and is backed up by another shoot to kill squad being assembled. 

• Agree 2

He gets bail, but the other protestors is bail denied even blowing a horn is a reason for no bail, but probably they are not so wealthy and that is important in Thai justice system.

What is next?? not wearing yellow on Monday?? 

Edited by ikke1959
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

This whole thaksin deal is a joke.Return no prison time but hospital and no tag in the deal.The new charge is similar but he got bail very easy,my guess it will go nowhere as everyone knows.The only thing that is real was the brown envelopes.Next the sisters deal,I just wonder what normal thais think about the whole thing.The ones that support him or the party are very happy about what is happening

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The whole sorry saga is getting very boring now, and unfortunately these power games are ultimately harming Thailand.

International companies and investors will look elsewhere to set-up.

Without the political charade that Thailand has.

Sure, and it's not only these games.

International companies are also already well aware that the Thai laws to prevent monopolies have been ignored several time allowing the very big fat cats to expand when they were in fact breaking these serious laws designed to protect the little man. 

• Like 1

At the end of the day, it will probably come down to what the guy at the top ordains.

These things don't happen without due consideration, hence the delay in proceedings. 

• Agree 2