Historians rank Trump as worst president

Social Media

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

People don't need to remember him, only to learn about him through history. I highly recommend it.

I thought they were supposed to be choosing their favourite president, as in the one they liked being in charge of them.

I very much doubt the respondents had a good enough knowledge of history to determine which one was best based on the historical record.

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

"Historians" is so funny... but it is unsurprising lefty liberal academics would do that.

So all academics are lefty liberals to you? What does science have to do with being a lefty liberal? You’re just parroting a popular right wing talking point. Science and facts are scary, right?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

40 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

154 of 11,000 members were asked to vote - now, why is that?  who are these 154 who represent 1.4% of the membership?  are they representative?  maybe, but I'm curious to dig further - how were they selected, etc.?

525 respondents were invited to participate, and 154 usable responses were received, yielding a 29.3% response rate.1

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

So all academics are lefty liberals to you? What does science have to do with being a lefty liberal? You’re just parroting a popular right wing talking point. Science and facts are scary, right?

People who immerse themselves in propaganda do NOT want the facts to rise up and bite them in the arse.

• Thumbs Up 2

26 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

I thought they were supposed to be choosing their favourite president, as in the one they liked being in charge of them.

I very much doubt the respondents had a good enough knowledge of history to determine which one was best based on the historical record.

Are you claiming to have better knowledge than them?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Are you claiming to have better knowledge than them?

What criteria did they use? Was it objective data or subjective opinions? What makes these random people experts? Who are they? What have they achieved in life? If they are just random historians making subjective comments then their views are no better than a movie reviewer. A lot of my favourite films did not win an Oscar and plenty of boring films did.

• Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Irish star said:

Dementia Donnie  

I dunno man. The first three Trump years were pretty damn good.  COVID was a mess for the world. We can argue the responsibility and vaccine and lockdowns until the cows come home. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

525 respondents were invited to participate, and 154 usable responses were received, yielding a 29.3% response rate.1

What were their favourite US TV shows in the 1990s? Means the same. Just opinions.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1