Former Cambodian PM Hun Sen to visit Thaksin tomorrow

snoop1130

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

And there was me thinking he was on his death bed yet within 24 hours he is receiving overseas government officials it’s clear to me he has zero parole conditions if he can see who he wants Thailand is becoming an embarrassment to the rest of the world !!!!

"Thailand is becoming an embarrassment to the rest of the world !!!!"  Becoming?? It has been since the illegal coup by Prayuth and the rest of his soldiers. A guy with an average low Thai IQ leading a country backed by soldiers, guns, and tanks and getting away with it for 9 years.

I am no financial expert but does the fact that since he and his soldiers left office the UK pound has got stronger from around 40 Baht to around 45 Baht to the GBP not tell you anything?

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

So glad to see Tony has improved so quickly, no neck brace, and no arm brace, he can even clap his hands. :coffee1:

it's an old picture while the new PM of Thailand visited Hun Sen last year in Cambodia

Edited by MikeUdon
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I just shake my head at some of the posters on here. Mr T. was ellected by the people as was his sister. The crime above all crimes is for a soldier to take the country at the end of a gun and the penalty for that crime should be the ultimate punishment.  Thailand is and always will be a country cowering under the threat of the military jack boot. People should remember that and until true justice is carried out leave Mr T. and his Sister alone. I never liked Mr T. however,  the majority of people of Thailand did!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/20/2024 at 7:05 PM, snoop1130 said:

Hun Sen will have lunch with Thaksin before returning to Phnom Penh.

I would like to be a fly on the wall during discussions over lunch. I wonder if Yingluk will feature?

At the time of her escape from Thailand in 2017, it was widely believed Cambodia assisted her, along with some members of the Thai military who did not want her around. Maybe she will be returning to Thailand as the result of a brokered deal?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-41046993

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Former Cambodian prime minister Hun Sen has described his relationship with his former Thai counterpart, Thaksin Shinawatra, as that of brothers and an excellent 32-year friendship

No need to add anything more to that.. it says it all.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can see the basis for the friendship. Both are morally bankrupt. Both are money grubbers. Both would do anything to acquire more of a fortune. Both are highly compromised, and both are despised by many. And both are very bizarre looking men. Like something out of a comic book, but not the least but funny. 

f65706d11a87ec5a9cbb5c3ff50351c2.jpg

5458.jpg

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hun Sen.

Ain't he the guy that caused the best monger bar in Phnom Penh (if not the world) to relocate from near to the jail where one of the Khmer Rouge biggies was being held during his trial?

Seems the genocide architect complained that he couldn't sleep because of the late night noise.

Edited by ignore it
T'was back in the late 90's or early 00's.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I can see the basis for the friendship. Both are morally bankrupt. Both are money grubbers. Both would do anything to acquire more of a fortune. Both are highly compromised, and both are despised by many. And both are very bizarre looking men. Like something out of a comic book, but not the least but funny

I was thinking the same. 

Tony's head looks like its been photshopped onto someone elses body in the original photo. I know he has a big head but it really looks odd compared to his best mates. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I presume you don’t read tabloids from around the globe if you have to ask which countries !

I guess they are the countries that stood by and did nothing when the Khmer Rouge ran amok!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

That is not a friendship to be proud of. Hun Sen is a money grubbing, power hungry, land grabbing multi billionaire, who stopped at nothing to maintain his power, and amass more fortune. In addition, his resume includes many years as a commander in the Kymer Rouge, where he engaged in serial killing. Quite a leader. He is getting old, and is paranoid. His personal security detail numbers over 5,000 men. There are countless people who want him dead. Of course he is tried to curb the media. Just like PT and the army here. He had his political opponents, such as Chea Vichea, and Sam Rainsy eliminated, or imprisoned, much like Putin.

The real scandal, is why all the western power were complicit in this crimes. Where was all the condemnation?

Yep ,just like Putin. Although he doesn't poison the opposition, but that could be because  his secret agents lack the skills. Or because it's not a Cambodian tradition. In Cambodia you lock them up.

• Agree 1

On 2/21/2024 at 1:48 AM, brianthainess said:

So glad to see Tony has improved so quickly, no neck brace, and no arm brace, he can even clap his hands. :coffee1:

That was a photo from early last year!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1