Shamima Begum: East London schoolgirl loses appeal against removal of UK citizenship

Social Media

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Nice little fantasy you’ve got going on there.

Unfortunately the courts might not agree.

Not as big a fantasy as this terrorist traitor and baby abuser being let back in, people would not stand for it.

• Like 2

Just now, proton said:

Not as big a fantasy as this terrorist traitor and baby abuser being let back in, people would not stand for it.

You let yourself down, and open yourself up for criticism, by making disparaging, untrue, Islamophobia comments.

Stick to the facts. You'll get by much better.

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, proton said:

The facts are she is a terrorist a traitor and has lost endless court action by leftist lawyers to get her back where she does not belong. There is no such thing as islamophobia, a word made up by muslims to demonise any opposition to its nasty belief system and the disgusting life led by its founder. Phobia is an irrational fear, fear of a cult which wants to take over your country and way of life is not irrational.

Best of luck with these compelling and rational legal arguments

46 minutes ago, proton said:

The facts are she is a terrorist a traitor and has lost endless court action by leftist lawyers to get her back where she does not belong. There is no such thing as islamophobia, a word made up by muslims to demonise any opposition to it's nasty belief system and the disgusting life led by its founder. Phobia is an irrational fear, fear of a cult which wants to take over your country and way of life is not irrational.

Those are not facts. 

Don't get me wrong, I believe the UK rulings are correct, but your arguments are not facts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I stand by my opinion that Begum is entitled to citizenship,  and if there are moves to take it away, then they should follow due process, and should follow a conviction in a British court, under British Law, not a knee jerk reaction, within 24 hours of the matter becoming known, by the Home Secretary.

That in my opinion is in line with our culture and values, inconvenient or distasteful as it may be.

Of course I may be a soppy hand wringer, partially responsible for having led the UK to the appeased dhimmi status it is in now, groveling before the Islamist assault on our culture and values and feeling all virtuous, tolerant and liberal for it!

I also served as a soldier, and fought against the Islamist assault, in the initial rounds of what turned into a long war...

Did you, or has all your combat in defence of our culture and values been from behind a keyboard?

Shamima Begum interview by the Times was published February 13th 2019

According to court documents published 22 February 2023

On 18th February 2019 the Secretary of State was provided with a Ministerial Submission, backed by other statements and assessments, recommending that Ms Begum be deprived of her British citizenship. The Secretary of State accepted that recommendation and on 19th February he decided to make a deprivation order under section 40(2) of the British Nationality Act 1981

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Shamima-Begum-OPEN-Judgment.pdf

Timeline is 6 days not the 24 hours that you posted

27 minutes ago, proton said:

what is not a fact?

She's never been accused, let alone charged, with terrorism. I don't recall her being accused of abusing babies, she can't go to Bangladesh right now, not sure why you think she wears curtains, prove she'd  become a 2nd or third wife and spend the rest of her life cooking, cleaning and breeding. Does Allah knows best after all.?

Just for a start.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, proton said:

Anyone who joined Isis is a terrorist by default, she does not have to be charged and cannot be in the UK as the offences were committed abroad. It's documented she helped with suicide vests and was not phased by beheadings, rapes and slavery. Anyone who loses three babies within the space of a few years is abusing them. No reason why she cannot apply for a Bangladeshi passport. Oh no benefits and free housing there though.

Not facts. Mostly opinions.

However, one point that most definitely is made up by you, she cannot apply for Bangladeshi passport. She lost that right when she became 21.

BTW, she didn't join ISIS.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/24/2024 at 6:35 PM, prakhonchai nick said:

Why would any self respecting UK lawyer want to represent her?

I think enough money will make any lawyer work for a bad person. They'll make excuses for doing so of course.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On 2/25/2024 at 9:16 AM, Scouse123 said:

Those disgraceful politicians you refer to, and I remember this case well, had first-hand knowledge of what this misfit did.

They stated at the time, if the British public had access to the information that they had, nobody would be giving her an ounce of sympathy.

This information was held by the judges at her hearing, hence many things were redacted, and a closed judgement issued for national security reasons.

This included participating and witnessing decapitation of aid workers, and she said at the time when ISIS was flying high that she was totally unfazed by it.

Furthermore, at the time, it was known that she was in a high position in the equivalent of the Women's morality ' police force ' set up to ensure all were following ISIS twisted version of Shariah law, again something she participated in willingly.

So all you bleeding hearts on AN can do one! 

They should put themselves in the position of the families, and reserve their outpourings of sympathy for the of murder of innocent civilian aid workers, not a disgusting creature like this.

What she did supporting ISIS, she did knowingly and willingly, and this continued well into adulthood. She only played the victim, claiming she was trafficked when the tide of the war turned.

She wasn't trafficked, she overcame many obstacles to get there and join them, well she can bloody stay there.

Her own parents had begged her not to go and join them, which she and her two friends took no notice of.

Likewise, she had ample opportunity to apply for her Bangladeshi citizenship before she turned 21, which she chose to ignore and do nothing.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-uncovered/how-all-female-isis-morality-police-khansaa-brigade-terrorized-mosul-n685926

https://www.mailplus.co.uk/edition/comment/59540/why-shamima-begum-cant-be-allowed-to-return

https://news.sky.com/video/is-bride-a-lot-of-people-should-have-sympathy-for-me-11640208

https://www.arabnews.pk/node/1708041/world

Then she should be convicted in a UK court and locked up.  The key can be thrown away for all I care.  I think you have missed the point!

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, James105 said:

If a UK citizen commits a serious crime in Thailand where do you think they should have their day in court and serve their sentence if convicted?

a) Thailand

b) UK

If you answer was (a) you would be correct as that is where the crimes were committed!   I remain bemused as to why people continue to state that she should be tried and sentenced in a UK court for crimes she committed abroad.  

Because she joined a Terrorist organisation and allegedly served in the Islamic State's 'morality police' and recruited other young women to join the jihadist group. Separate intelligence reports claimed she stitched suicide bombers into explosive vests, a potential offence of preparation of terrorist acts.

Thus...  her crime is 'terrorism' and she can be tried anywhere.... Just as those guilty of War-Crimes are not tried in the country in which they commit said crime... 

Hopefully with this explanation the over simplified and dumbed down folly of your argument that she committed her crimes abroad and should be tried there is something you now understand. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

The merry-go-round of the pro-immigration establishment in the UK is insane when you consider that not only are most British people opposed to immigration, but also that the majority of non-whites (at least the non muslim) in the UK are also opposed to immigration (non-muslim ethnic minorities have been opposed to immigration for at least a decade, and I believe even a few polling now shows Muslims swinging in favour of anti-immigration policies).

This has to be the only policy that has come of the Conservatives which is actually anti-immigration and hence I support it. If the UK wanted to leave the EU because of immigration and the migration crisis, then why is the Conservative party not doing more to tackle immigration and migration?

Canada recently stopped giving out student visas like candy and maybe the UK should do the same too.

Good. Not a nice person. Britain has been a soft touch for too long, overlooking its own people for the good of the few. There are enough problems there already without adding little shyster terrorists like her back into the fold. Of course, the misguided Left (usually) will plead for her citizenship. 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

100% agree....   I don't think the British Public are against Immigration at all...  

... But they are against boat loads of only men coming to the British shores and the ensuing problems and reliance on the soft policy at the high cost of the British Tax payer. 

I don't think the British Public have anything against genuine refugees either, families through official channels, not just 'only men' groups terrorising lorry drivers.

And, I think the British Public certainly welcome the qualified 'immigrants' who arrive in the UK and support the community, integrate, pay taxes and contribute to the wonderful cultural colour of the nation.

This is certainly not a black and white subject - but it the solutions need more discretional resources, some of which need to be very very hard lined, while others need to be a lot more considerate of genuine cases. 

Our family Dr. in the UK was an Indian Gentleman, the only non-white family for miles around in a very white area of the UK, he was not only respected, but very well liked by everyone in the community as an elevated member of the community, and this is because of what he contributed to the community - he was never considered an immigrant in the terms thrown around today.... 

It's a shame the media only seem to print the pictures of the "men only" boats.

It certainly sways people's opinions.

They seem to miss the "drowning deaths including children" or "women missing in the channel" stories.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

They seem to miss the "drowning deaths including children" or "women missing in the channel" stories.

Pretty much the entire media reporting of the issue in the UK is disgraceful.  Anyone would think there's an election coming.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Oh don't know about that.... The 'drowned babies' stories have certainly done the rounds in the media too...   we're getting the mix of info, propaganda, and misinformation from both sides and the truth is in there somewhere.

We (or rather the British Government) firstly has a humanitarian crisis that as a responsible developed nation needs to respond to...  but it is also fighting a massive abuse of immigration - its a very delicate playing field not helped by the extreme's in the media (extremes on both sides).

One question that is raised a lot - why are all these refugee migrants passing through so many nations to get to countries such as the UK, when their culture is so alien, wouldn't they be better suited migrating and seeking refugee status countries closer to their own culture ?....   The answer of course as we all know is on of economics - while the plight of many migrants is genuine, so is their understanding that the standard of living they secure in the UK is far greater than that in other Arab nations... 

... Think Syrians coming to the UK instead of Iraq (and there are many who also go to Iraq).

As far as this young girl is concerned - of course she should not be left stateless.

But, as she turned 21 because of Bangladesh's citizenship laws she has lost her Bangladeshi citizenship. 

IF the UK has relinquished her citizenship, she then falls within the rights to regain her Bangladeshi citizenship, if she wants it. 

OR... face Terrorism charges in the UK for her actions.

Edited by richard_smith237

I have mixed views on this.

While I think the world would be a much better (safer) place without Islam at all - and wouldn't lose any sleep if the religion ceased to exist - she was only 15 at the time and brainwashed since birth (as Muslims are), so the verdict may be a little harsh.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

I have mixed views on this.

While I think the world would be a much better (safer) place without Islam at all - and wouldn't lose any sleep if the religion ceased to exist - she was only 15 at the time and brainwashed since birth (as Muslims are), so the verdict may be a little harsh.

Brain washed from birth? I haven't seen that report. Do you have a link?

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I think enough money will make any lawyer work for a bad person. They'll make excuses for doing so of course.

It seems you’ve been out of the UK so long you’ve forgotten how legal representation works and why it works that way.

• Sad 1

On 2/24/2024 at 4:34 PM, transam said:

At the mo she hasn't got any, but if she was let back in, I have no doubt she would be straight on social Security teamed up with another religious wannabe Rambo fruitcake.........🥴

I thought she had several kids by different IS fighters

I know at one stage she played the Rape card

• Like 1