Shopee how to pay COD

when you click on the ' buy now '  it takes you to the next page which has a checkout box ....  now either that page or click on checkout ... and you should get a blue text .. top right corner of the order that shows .. ' payment method '  ..

then click on that and select COD. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, worgeordie said:

Yes they still do COD , it's just some sellers don't accept it , 

regards Worgeordie

yes,  but it will indicate .. ' you cannot use COD for this item '   or words similar.  OP wants to find how to select COD.

5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

when you click on the ' buy now '  it takes you to the next page which has a checkout box ....  now either that page or click on checkout ... and you should get a blue text .. top right corner of the order that shows .. ' payment method '  ..

then click on that and select COD. 

No blue text shows.

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

yes,  but it will indicate .. ' you cannot use COD for this item '   or words similar.  OP wants to find how to select COD.

It does not say can not use COD, guess I'll just find another supplier, their loss init.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I can't recall setting up my account but come to paying it always, automatically, comes up COD so I've always stuck with that.

That's correct .... it will give you COD every time you order something because you chose that method originally at the start of your account setup.

Thanks to all, 1 hour later I have managed to order my 3 jars of Mango Chutney, From Villa markets, a bit crafty as they double the order and you have to dismiss it. My Indian curry is just not the same without it. 

And now my Coffee is cold, bugger.

• Haha 1

Regarding cash on delivery option, I just thought I'd mention that a while back I went through a real rigamarole with Shopee trying to figure out why the internet banking option was no longer available, and people may not be aware of this.

After going back and forth between Bangkok Bank and Shopee customer service umpteen times, Bangkok Bank somewhat reluctantly finally divulged that the reason I couldn't add the internet banking option was because Shopee's system had apparently had some sort of security/hacking breach and as a result Bangkok Bank (and maybe other banks as well) refuse to make their internet banking service available through Shopee. This happened at least a couple of years ago and ever since then, the only pay option (except for weird options like Shopee Pay/Shopee Wallet) available on my account has been COD. I don't know if the same is true for Lazada, but I have never been successful in adding internet banking on Lazada either, with COD being the only option on their platform as well.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

I don't know if the same is true for Lazada, but I have never been successful in adding internet banking on Lazada either, with COD being the only option on their platform as well.

My Debit Card is registered with Lazada, but I always pay COD now. but that card would be out of date now anyway. Edit Lazada site is soo much better to use than frigging Sho'pee'.

Edited by brianthainess

Never did any COD payment with Lazada or Shopee.

Mostly trough Bangkok Bank debit card. Always entering data from scratch (no "save card").

Last Shopee payment from 18 Jan 2024. ("Payment Method Mobile Banking")

Last Lazada payment from 6 Feb 2024 paid by debit card.

Guess about 20 payments through the year.

Edited by KhunBENQ

54 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Thanks to all, 1 hour later I have managed to order my 3 jars of Mango Chutney, From Villa markets, a bit crafty as they double the order and you have to dismiss it. My Indian curry is just not the same without it. 

And now my Coffee is cold, bugger.

They don't double the bloody order, you somehow manage to double select goods.

Given the difficulties you have experienced, ain't no one involved in this transaction that is crafty 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Why ? 

because I can never be certain where I will be when the stuff is delivered and I don't want to faff about. 

For example, I was taking a dump this am when I heard the phone ring to alert me the delivery was coming. I continued with my business and when I came downstairs the item was waiting in my mailbox. 

if it had been COD I would have received a failure to deliver notice and the guy would have had to come back over the next couple days.

Edited by n00dle

1 minute ago, n00dle said:

They don't double the bloody order, you somehow manage to double select goods.

Given the difficulties you have experienced, ain't no one involved in this transaction that is crafty 

Simply not true, I reloaded and ordered again in case is was me, and the double order still came up, so why does it have a dismiss icon?

14 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Lazada site is soo much better to use than frigging Sho'pee'.

I do agree there. I have been finding shoppee cheaper for some higher cost items lately though, especially cycling gear.

What i have noticed with Lazada lately is that on some items it shows a price in the search preview, but when you click through its a few hundred baht more. That annoys me no end 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, n00dle said:

I do agree there. I have been finding shoppee cheaper for some higher cost items lately though, especially cycling gear.

What i have noticed with Lazada lately is that on some items it shows a price in the search preview, but when you click through its a few hundred baht more. That annoys me no end 

Some prices do cost more by size, and sometimes the price advertised is just for example, the pants not the full kit.

33 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

My Debit Card is registered with Lazada, but I always pay COD now. but that card would be out of date now anyway. Edit Lazada site is soo much better to use than frigging Sho'pee'.

I agree ....  both websites are loaded with ads,  Shopee website is a mess,  when you open it you have pop-ups flashing, sale ... sale .. sale flashing, free delivery flashing, ladies make up flashing,  I have over 500 notifications that mean absolutely jack s_it ...    Lol

Edited by steven100
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

I agree ....  both websites are loaded with ads,  Shopee website is a mess,  when you open it you have pop-ups flashing, sale ... sale .. sale flashing, free delivery flashing, ladies make up flashing,  I have 500 notification that mean absolutely jack s_it ...  

I just won't use them anymore now, although I don't get the pop ups, even their location map is crap, with Lazada I can click on satellite image, which is needed  to find my place correctly, up a small Soi on the jungle edge. Even my postman only delivers once every 3 months if I'm lucky.

I just Google what I want and go from there, if Lazada is out of stock. 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Some prices do cost more by size, and sometimes the price advertised is just for example, the pants not the full kit.

no, that is not the issue. nor is it the fact that they show the price of the cheapest item (ie a set of headphones costing 3000 baht with the listing also showing a 300 baht carrying case -- the listing will show 300 baht).

It is with single items. 

13 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I just won't use them anymore now, although I don't get the pop ups, even their location map is crap, with Lazada I can click on satellite image, which is needed  to find my place correctly, up a small Soi on the jungle edge. Even my postman only delivers once every 3 months if I'm lucky.

I just Google what I want and go from there, if Lazada is out of stock. 

When I order something through COD, I always give the phone number of my gf, she can exactly explain in Thai the location.

The delivery man always make a call first before he deliver the item.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Peterphuket said:

When I order something through COD, I always give the phone number of my gf, she can exactly explain in Thai the location.

The delivery man always make a call first before he deliver the item.

I do the same as it's not always the same driver and she is working+ she can tell them to "Ting tong the gate bell" :cheesy:

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, n00dle said:

i prefer to fend for myself rather than depend on someone else for such basic interactions

So you can speak Thai and give them directions in Thai?

Edited by brianthainess

34 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

So you can speak Thai and give them directions in Thai?

yes.

I made communication a priority in my first few years here. 

Edited by n00dle
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Now there seems to be a national shortage of Branston original Pickle, Big C no hab, nor any online store, out of stock 😢

Oh poor boy how will you survive?