The prospect of a second Trump presidency has the intelligence community on edge

Social Media

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

The deficit went up dramatically while Trump was President, starting before Covid.  That is a fact.  https://www.thebalancemoney.com/us-deficit-by-year-3306306

No amount of opinions can change that fact.  That's why opinions are not valid sources for supporting claims. 

Pointing out the obvious is not censorship, but it is obviously a waste of time when dealing with Trump supporters.

I don’t believe you or your sources. How’s that?

But please keep posting if helps you cope.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There is no such thing as a "good" or "bad" opinion except in the view of other people's opinion's IMO.

Opinions are like noses- we all have them.

Sure there is, I am really (honestly) surprised you would say that.

Let's say you are of the opinion that when you wanted to warm your hands , it would be better to put them in the fire, rather than close to the fire. 

Gould you say that this is a good opinion, or a bad opinion?  ,  

I guaranty you that if you think it is a good opinion now, you would change your mind in a millisecond if you tried it.

If you don't believe me trye it!And please make sure to video tape it and post it on youtube, I think it will rival in popularity the video of the lady and her son who identified as a cat. :laugh:

By the way you suppose the boy scratched up her furniture? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

It's the opinion hosts that are liars.  

By definition opinions are not lies in and of themselves... they are opinions... 

opinion /ə-pĭn′yən/
noun
  1. A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've never been in an echo chamber since I grew up and realised that almost everything I read in a newspaper or see on tv "news" is propaganda or advertising.

Take you assertion that Trump is the "worst president ever" which is obviously a biased nonsense. In my lifetime, Bush the younger is the worst president, having gone to war on a lie and caused the deaths of thousands, and chaos in the Middle East which continues to this day.

Nixon comes a close second with his war crimes of invading Cambodia.

Trump, on the other hand started no wars, was responsible for no American boys coming home in a bag, and endeavored to secure the border and make friends with other countries instead of attacking them and killing a lot of people.

If that's being the worst president, they should all endeavor to be as bad as he.

It's a bit sad to me that some people, even on here, are so brainwashed by the MSM that they actually believe not starting wars is worse than starting them.

Everything you read in a newspaper is propaganda? Are you reading Chinese or Russian papers? :cheesy:

Several polls have been taken and Trump ended up as the worst president ever. Seems like your disdain for credible media outlets is keeping you in an echo chamber?

MSM doesn't brainwash people. Far right media outlets do along with associated politicians. Specifically Trump. Biggest liar ever. Hopefully you are aware of this?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Let's say you are of the opinion that when you wanted to warm your hands , it would be better to put them in the fire, rather than close to the fire. 

I guaranty you that if you think it is a good opinion now, you would change your mind in a millisecond if you tried it.

If you don't believe me trye it!And please make sure to video tape it and post it on youtube, I think it will rival in popularity the video of the lady and her son who identified as a cat. :laugh:

After proof is offered an opinion can be proven good or bad... but offering your opinion as proof when there is a lack of concrete evidence doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Roo Island said:

It's been said by Tucker Carlson's lawyers that he doesn't tell the truth. And as you posted above, they aren't to be believed. Especially if coming from politicians or far right media outlets.

After proof is offered an opinion can be proven good or bad... but offering your opinion as proof when there is a lack of concrete evidence doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

It has been determined that the liberal left media sources are caught lying more often than the far right...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Walker88 said:

If actual democracy elects the scumball trump, then the old adage proves itself again, that the people get the govt they deserve.

That so many loser, poorly educated, "keep govt out of my Medicare" morons think the self-serving, pathological liar, convicted sex offender, convicted charity fraudster, convicted bank fraudster, convicted insurance fraudster, begging grifter trump is their messiah, good luck to them and you.

Success has always eluded trumpers, but the bloated one told the losers their abject failure in life is others' fault. Losers grasp excuses. I see that when I look at trump rallies, where he rambles incoherently, I see it on this site where nobody has any actual explanation for trump's calling his goobers to DC, telling them to march to the Capitol, getting involved in the fake elector scheme, trying to pressure the GA SecState to make up votes, stealing thousands of highly classified documents (as if wedding planners need such things), etc.

I guess losers are going to be losers, so rather than see their messiah for what he is, they live for the false hope that he will somehow salvage their total failure of a life.

Good luck to you.

Why is it that you only reply to some of my posts and when you do reply you go on a tirade filled all sorts of hateful language?  Is this something you learned as a case worker?

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

If actual democracy elects the scumball trump, then the old adage proves itself again, that the people get the govt they deserve.

That so many loser, poorly educated, "keep govt out of my Medicare" morons think the self-serving, pathological liar, convicted sex offender, convicted charity fraudster, convicted bank fraudster, convicted insurance fraudster, begging grifter trump is their messiah, good luck to them and you.

Success has always eluded trumpers, but the bloated one told the losers their abject failure in life is others' fault. Losers grasp excuses. I see that when I look at trump rallies, where he rambles incoherently, I see it on this site where nobody has any actual explanation for trump's calling his goobers to DC, telling them to march to the Capitol, getting involved in the fake elector scheme, trying to pressure the GA SecState to make up votes, stealing thousands of highly classified documents (as if wedding planners need such things), etc.

I guess losers are going to be losers, so rather than see their messiah for what he is, they live for the false hope that he will somehow salvage their total failure of a life.

Good luck to you.

It's going to take more than luck to fix the monumental problems facing America.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Nixon's crimes seem trivial compared to Trump's crimes though. 

Bush Jr. Iraq fiasco was perhaps the worst foreign policy mistake in American history.

So Nixons (war) crimes seem trivial to Trump paying off some hoooker .Some tax fraud...  You people and your Trump this Trump that : Really out to lunch. Again the Schadenfreude is going to be worth a million bucks.

.https://www.thecrimson.com/article/1996/2/17/nixon-guilty-of-war-crimes-pthe/

50 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

It's going to take more than luck to fix the monumental problems facing America.

One of the biggest problems is the political divide. Based on some comments here, it will never be closed. Time to stop the hated and start fixing the problems.

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

Strange comparison. Why would I have the opinion that a fire isn't hot? The boy that thinks he is a cat IMO doesn't have that opinion, he has a mental problem.

Perhaps I didn't explain very well. An opinion is something we all have about things, and some of them may not be very nice, but as long as they are not put into action they are not good or bad. The action may be good or bad. Thoughts are just that, thoughts.

You may disagree with my opinions but that doesn't make them "bad". So far, no one gets tried and convicted for their opinions, only actions.

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

Good luck to you.

I was going to write something similar, but you beat me to it!

And to quote one particularly dumb Maganut, "this says everything about you" and I apply this to that particular poster, because if someone is stupid enough to support a compulsive liar and a convicted sex offender and crook, and wants them to be POTUS, then that truly does say everything about them.....sad but on par for the poorly educated losers in the US.

• Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Strange comparison. Why would I have the opinion that a fire isn't hot? The boy that thinks he is a cat IMO doesn't have that opinion, he has a mental problem.

Perhaps I didn't explain very well. An opinion is something we all have about things, and some of them may not be very nice, but as long as they are not put into action they are not good or bad. The action may be good or bad. Thoughts are just that, thoughts.

You may disagree with my opinions but that doesn't make them "bad". So far, no one gets tried and convicted for their opinions, only actions.

The big problem is many take these opinions as facts. Proven by what's posted here. As for Fox, they aren't opinion hosts. Pure misinformation to grab people who like to hear these stories.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

The big problem is many take these opinions as facts. Proven by what's posted here. As for Fox, they aren't opinion hosts. Pure misinformation to grab people who like to hear these stories.

Agree with first sentence.

I always assumed Fox was entertainment.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why would I have the opinion that a fire isn't hot?

Dude, You do realise that in both examples of my extreme comparison you are of the

41 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It was not me who put the qualifier "good" in front of the word opinion, perhaps you might  want to have this conversation with him? 

that the fire is hot. 

6 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Dude, You do realise that in both examples of my extreme comparison you are of the

It was not me who put the qualifier "good" in front of the word opinion, perhaps you might  want to have this conversation with him? 

that the fire is hot. 

Ah, yes it was indeed a different poster.

Apologies.