British man quits England for Thailand’s tropical tranquility

On 3/5/2024 at 9:47 PM, BigStar said:

Waiting for that. Anyone without a traditional Anglo-Saxon name, even with a French name descending from the Normans, is NOT a Bit. Particularly the criminals.

The Angles, Saxons, and other Germanic tribes began migrating to Britain in the 5th century AD, following the decline of Roman rule there. Before that Britain was inhabited by Celtic people.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Gandtee said:

He said"Who wants to live in a country where more and more people look like Middle East terrorists."😉

and what does he look like with all that facial hair? Someone mentioned he is Muslim?? Not with a name like Ryan. What middle east terrorists could he have been referring to?

Will be interesting what immigration will make of his ideas ..  as he will not be contributing to the English economy and presumably  not paying national insurance and tax  I suspect he will not be expecting any of the benefits from the NHS housing benefits credits etc ....  A bout of dengue and a hospital stay will soon see the GP fund me pages starting .....  Such is life 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, DjSilver said:

He looks more like a Islamic Terrorist, than a British man🤣🤣🤣

About 20 years ago I would have agreed with you, but with the amount of Muslims and Eastern Europeans in Britain now it's hard to tell.

• Haha 1

Well a 22-year-old knows everything. 

Maybe I should give him money for plane ticket and have him come visit me for a few days get out his bits

Edited by arick
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

We have has non White British people with funny sounding names for about 60 years now , the British Prime Minister isn't White and has a funny name 

The Scottish FM????

48 minutes ago, oslooskar said:

The Angles, Saxons, and other Germanic tribes began migrating to Britain in the 5th century AD, following the decline of Roman rule there. Before that Britain was inhabited by Celtic people.

They should all go back to where they came from 🙂

Go on TikTok and there's a raft of these 'influencers' who have popped up around the past few months, all with the same age range, and all with the same rhetoric. It can't be a coincidence which leads me to believe there may well be some paid influencing going on - not that i am saying this guy is doing that. 

Age range - early 20's. 

Say your country is boring, dull, and you won't get anywhere there (usually USA, UK, Australia, Europe). Play on the fact it's cold in the western countries. Don't mention the gdp per person in Thailand is a fraction of the western world. 

Go on endlessly how Thailand is cheap (it isn't). 

Repeat the mantra how it is cheap a few more times. 

Mention safety. 

Explain how easy it is to come. You just leave your job, come here, and it will all be okay. 

Never mention the visa issue. At no point do you even discuss it, even if 90% of the replies are asking you about it. You ignore this because you are cool innit. 

Now the bizarre co-incidence, is they all push you to do 'social media' here, and you can make a living to survive. This to me is the 'got ya coincidence moment'. Why would a TikToker want others to do the exact same thing he is doing and creating competition. Only Thailand gains from getting people to come here and post on social media. 

Never type anything negative.

Never mention you are unable to work here. Because remember you have to keep pushing the mantra 'everything is easy' when you get here. 

Never mention you won't get free health care. 

Never mention you won't ever really be able to own land to own property. 

Never mention education can be quite expensive if you settle down with a family. 

Never mention pollution. 

Then finish of with a dose 'it's cheap in Thailand'. 

One of these Tokers (i forget his name), who looks like he is wearing a wig, even turned up a TAT event at a mall and spoke on the virtues of Thailand ! 

Bit too much of a coincidence for me. Thailand certainly been looking at Dubai's 'soft power' on social media. 

Edited by DonniePeverley
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

This has to be a joke article 55555 .. He will change his mind in 90 days when he’s getting the boot and his girl at airport stops crying as she meets next one off another flight 5555

On 3/6/2024 at 5:06 AM, webfact said:

“I don’t plan to live in the UK ever again."

Worked as a receptionist for £11 per hour. I could be wrong but I'm sort of guessing he doesn't have a teaching qualitication then?  Even more doubtful that he has a professional IT qualification.  Rude awakening coming on the employment front.

That moves us on to a visa.  The UK may have welcomed his parents/grandparents/etc. - somehow I don't think he's going to find Thailand so welcoming.

Back in the UK within 6 months.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, proton said:

Is this the same bearded er 'Brit' or is this another one? so many of them and who is this Mashtag?

Are you really concerned about who he us or who hashtag is ?

Its a group of internet friends making videos for each other , I am not part of that group of friends 

On 3/6/2024 at 12:06 PM, webfact said:

If you know London, there is so much knife crime

Thailand to the UK (on knife crime)... "hold my beer..." lol

If he knew Thailand, he'd know he's going from the frying pan into the fire when it comes to knife crime.

Riyan mentioned that his parents were “supportive” of his decision to move, expressing his aspiration to bring them to Thailand and assist them in retiring.

They had better be supportive, as you have no visible means of supporting yourself. As an unskilled laborer (receptionist) with a lazy streak (working part time), you'd probably have had an easier time helping your parents retire (assuming that's truly your aspiration) by staying in the London metro-area, where good jobs and wages can be had.

• Thumbs Up 2

The 22 year old London-born receptionist booked a one-way ticket to Bangkok

Thailand really will give just about anyone an entry visa/stamp (regardless or means or intent). And yet they wonder why so many shiftless, directionless, foreigners end up never leaving and creating problems. This entire story (which the more you read, the more it smells of disingenuous nonsense), is a microcosm case-study of what's wrong with Thailand today.

On 3/6/2024 at 6:49 AM, worgeordie said:

Sarcasm ....I thought that would be obvious , young people are going to read his Farcebook 

musing and think they can just move here from UK , where in reality is not as easy as this guy thinks

regards Worgeordie 

Hm,...Waiting for a GoFundMe page to beg for money to fly back home,....!

• Agree 1

On 3/6/2024 at 5:22 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

He could not afford to live independently in England when he had a job but he can afford to live in Thailand, apparently without any means of support, just three years out of his minimum-wage teenage years!?  Suspect the OP hasn't reported the full story.

Clearly this is just a PR exercise based on nothing more than a disgruntled young man's so called "experience".  Everything he writes about life in London is factual but everyone knows that.  There appears to be an overwhelming amount of discontent amongst everyone young and old in the UK at the moment.

Riyan is determined never to return

I'm sure the THAI IMMIGRATION might have something to say about that. ARRIVING ONE-WAY TICKET? no onward ticket.

living with his Mommy / DADDY and still not able to live UK. let's do THAILAND.

I hope RIYAN keeps us updated with regards to the HOOPES he will be JUMPING through.

1 hour ago, Cabradelmar said:

Thailand really will give just about anyone an entry visa/stamp (regardless or means or intent). And yet they wonder why so many shiftless, directionless, foreigners end up never leaving and creating problems. This entire story (which the more you read, the more it smells of disingenuous nonsense), is a microcosm case-study of what's wrong with Thailand today.

So Thailand should be more rigid whom they issue a tourist visa to ?