Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

I expect him to discuss with me if he wants, not you, I have nothing to discuss with you

Yawn, it's a public forum. If you have nothing to discuss with me then why this post? I'd be more than happy if you didn't respond to my posts.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

There wouldn't any devastation had the Palestine terrorists not attacked Israel in the manner they did, this is so obvious I don't know why you keep needing reminding of this, but of course you don't want to listen, it doesn't bother you when terrorists make another incursion into Israel and reward them by repeating another 7/10.

"beware of playing with fire, you will get burned." Joseph J. Ellis. Thanks for the quote but it seems more fitting directed at the Palestians than Israel as is being proven.

The Palestinian attack on Israel on Oct 7 is just another "war" in a series of "wars" that have been waged over control of land since 1948. I assume you know this but want to keep pretending that all this came out of nowhere on Oct 7. But, yes, I believe that until a two-state solution that is acceptable to both sides is reached, the "war" that started on Oct 7 will just be repeated. And that might happen even after a two-state solution is agreed upon. 

Both are playing with fire. Both have been burnt, but neither seems ready to back off yet.

Edited by WDSmart
  • Love It 1

10 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:
14 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Is there a reason they are targeting schools?

To teach the terrorists a lesson!

No, to terrorize children and families. This is what the IDF is now.... 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Did you see the video of Israeli kids singing on Israeli state TV about Gaza? 

As a kid I cheered on Israeli in the 1967 war. Why focus on what kids do? We played cowboys and indians when I was a kid. The cowboys were always the heroes. I read war comics which were appallingly racist propaganda.

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

There is racism in every country in the world, why just pick on Israel, its nothing to do with this war anyway.

This war has EVERYTHING to do with racism. Both sides hate the other because of their race - Jew/Arab.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, rattlesnake said:

Agree this is not 100% on topic and I will not expand on it, but in these examples we are talking about discriminatory policies implemented by the government, as well as widespread racist behaviour by the auhorities and population.

Israel prides itself on being a homeland for the Jewish people, non-Jews are discriminated against in all areas, especially in the immigration process.   

Israel's legal framework and status as a Jewish state are unique. A Thai Buddhist could not get Israeli citizenship, yet an Israeli can get Thai citizenship, I know a Rabbi who is a naturalized Thai.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

The Palestinian attack on Israel on Oct 7 is just another "war" in a series of "wars" that have been waged over control of land since 1948. I assume you know this, but I want to keep pretending that all this came out of nowhere on Oct 7. But, yes, I believe that until a two-state solution that is acceptable to both sides is reached, the "war" that started on Oct 7 will just be repeated. And that might happen even after a two-state solution is agreed upon. 

Both are playing with fire. Both have been burnt, but neither seems ready to back off yet.

That is your 'get out of jail for free card" which imo you have played far too often that the war didn't start on 7/10. Every man and his dog agrees when this war started but then these people are not trying to make excuses for terrorists!

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

As a kid I cheered on Israeli in the 1967 war. Why focus on what kids do? We played cowboys and indians when I was a kid. The cowboys were always the heroes. I read war comics which were appallingly racist propaganda.

It was on Israeli state TV! 

The Video is sung in Hebrew but you can Google it

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=Israeli+children+Gaza+state+TV&l=1

Edited by Neeranam
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

No, to terrorize children and families. This is what the IDF is now.... 

Perleeeeaase, try to remain in the real world, show a link to your absurdity accusations.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Anti-Black Racism among Jewish Israelis [and Recent Asylum-Seekers]

Over the past few decades, anti-Black racism in Israel has been primarily directed towards Ethiopian Israelis, part of the Jewish Beta Israel community, who number about 155,300 people in Israel (1.7% of Israel’s population), and non-Jewish asylum seekers from Eritrea and Sudan who constitute less than 1% of the population. Experiences of anti-Black racism are well documented, in both research journals and the media, and consist of police violence and racial profiling of males, overrepresentation in military and civilian prison, discrimination in employment and housing, and everyday interpersonal discrimination.

https://www.theracialequityinitiative.org/anti-black-racism-in-israel/

Israel: Deportation of African asylum-seekers is a cruel and misguided abandonment of responsibility

“How can the Israeli government possibly describe this as a way of deporting asylum-seekers ‘voluntarily’ when the alternatives are returning to persecution or indefinite detention? This is not a choice anyone should have to make,” said Philip Luther, Amnesty International’s Research and Advocacy Director for the Middle East and North Africa. “The forced – and illegal – deportation of Eritrean and Sudanese asylum-seekers is a reckless abandonment of responsibility.”

[...]

“The Israeli authorities need to know that the world is watching with outrage at their brazen disregard for human life, dignity and responsibility to the wider global community.”

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2018/03/israel-deportation-of-african-asylum-seekers-is-a-cruel-and-misguided-abandonment-of-responsibility/

Chief rabbi calls black people ‘monkeys’

In footage aired by the Ynet news site, Yosef could be seen referring to black people by the word “kushi,” which in modern Hebrew has pejorative connotations, and then going on to term a black person a “monkey.” His office told Ynet that the comparison was a quote from the Talmud.
[...]

Non-Jews, Yosef said, are in Israel only to serve Jews.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/chief-rabbi-compares-african-americans-to-monkeys/

Deporting illegal immigrants isn't considered to be racism 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

This war has EVERYTHING to do with racism. Both sides hate the other because of their race - Jew/Arab.

There are Arabs fighting for IDF in Gaza right now. There are black IDF members. The posters references and links were to racism against black people, read them and why I responded as such. Nothing to do with this topic

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You just cannot admit that Hamas are losing the war .

Just like Hamas, you hide behind woman and children 

No, I do admit that Hamas is losing this "war." That's apparent. However, since Hamas also holds 300+ hostages and is getting more and more of the world on its side because of the appalling actions of IDF in Gaza, they are still in a position to accept an agreement that will include a permanent/sustained ceasefire and exchange of hostages/prisoners. Then, with the support of their new allies or at least the waning of the support of Israeli allies, maybe there can be an agreement on a two-state solution. We'll just have to wait and see what happens here. 

And, you are hiding behind bombs and a superior military force.

Edited by WDSmart
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, WDSmart said:

No, I do admit that Hamas is losing this "war." That's apparent. However, since Hamas also holds 300+ hostages and is getting more and more of the world on its side because of the appalling actions of IDF in Gaza, they are still in a position to accept an agreement that will include a permanent/sustained ceasefire and exchange of hostages/prisoners. Then, with the support of their new allies or at least the waning of the support of Israeli allies, maybe there can be an agreement on a two-state solution. We'll just have to wait and see what happens here. 

It's so sad that they had to take drastic measures just to stop the Israel aggression. At least the world can see them for what they are now.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

And, you are hiding behind bombs and a superior military force.

More likely that Hamas will be completely wiped out and Palestinians will not be allowed back on to the land , they will have to stay in the south and the rest of the land will be a no go zone 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

It's also the main reason the USA are standing apart from the other countries of the world in not wanting the slaughter to stop. 

Total rollox, you are just anti-Jew, anti-U.S.A. .........:coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Deporting illegal immigrants isn't considered to be racism 

They are refugees according to international law, which Israel is theoretically bound by.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It's so sad that they had to take drastic measures just to stop the Israel aggression. At least the world can see them for what they are now.

Are you out of your comfort zone when you try and discuss this topic with posters with a different opinion to yourself.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Oh that will explain all the Gazan children dying then. Silly me I thought it was the huge megatonnages of bombs dropped on the most densely populated enclave on earth. Thanks for the education Brian. Much appreciated.

......with a maze of a zillion km of tunnels constructed for one thing, and one thing only..........WAR......................😉

• Like 2
  • Sad 1