Medical Experts Warn Against LSD ‘Death Stamps’

snoop1130

41 minutes ago, The Old Bull said:

I rented a room out to a guy who spent his summer savings on 2000 hits of acid he bought from a US preacher passing through. He was selling it for a living. I would not let him keep it in the house so he had it buried in the snow around town. In the spring when the snow melted he had a pile of the stuff to deal with so he got into it ,one a day for a week then seven at one shot. That did it he went up and never came down. He threw out all his possessions, nice cameras etc. and would sit all day in the bath tub. He stopped eating regular food saying honey had everything a body needs till I told him it had no vitamin C so he bought a case of oranges. Anyway he spooked my girlfriend so I had to run him off so I could get laid. The last thing I heard about him was that they put him in the nut house but he climbed over the wall and escaped.

LSD is very, very capable of frying brains. OOOPs TOOOO MUCH.

45 minutes ago, xeniv23 said:

Single dose of LSD provides immediate and lasting relief from anxiety, study says. A clinical trial's encouraging results won US Food and Drug Administration breakthrough therapy status for an LSD formulation to treat generalized anxiety disorder, Mind Medicine Inc. announced Thursday.13 hours ago

The medical application is in smaller doses and the person is monitored. Don't be fooled anxiety can definitely happen when tripping hence the term 'bad trip'.

• Agree 1

In the 70's had 3 doses of California Sunshine given to me in Morocco but waited until I hit Spain to try for the first time. I met a young American doctor in a park and we tripped together as I was pretty nervous about doing it alone. Ended up splitting the 3rd tab and tripped for 12 straight hours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Old Bull said:
14 hours ago, dinsdale said:

I rented a room out to a guy who spent his summer savings on 2000 hits of acid he bought from a US preacher passing through. He was selling it for a living. I would not let him keep it in the house so he had it buried in the snow around town. In the spring when the snow melted he had a pile of the stuff to deal with so he got into it ,one a day for a week then seven at one shot. That did it he went up and never came down. He threw out all his possessions, nice cameras etc. and would sit all day in the bath tub. He stopped eating regular food saying honey had everything a body needs till I told him it had no vitamin C so he bought a case of oranges. Anyway he spooked my girlfriend so I had to run him off so I could get laid. The last thing I heard about him was that they put him in the nut house but he climbed over the wall and escaped.

I knew a guy like that on Maui once.  It did get him out of the draft. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, lom said:

Still waiting for the flashbacks they say we would get.

Lol, I suspect those flashbacks never really existed beyond recollections of the trip's visuals or impressions. By such a standard, everything in life is amenable to flashbacks. 

It's like cannabis leading to stronger drugs, crack babies, ex-cokeheads unable to ever again enjoy life ...

Meanwhile finasteride and antidepressants often do make patients impotent for life but they prefer to keep relatively quiet about it.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

turn into hallucinations, auditory issues, and distorted perceptions.

Can happen with too much alcohol too ....

regards Worgeordie

3 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

I knew one guy at university who did the same.  He was bright and a nice guy but started taking acid on a regular was for a while wandering around wearing old ladies' outfits that he bought in the Salvation Army shop.  Eventually he was institutionalised and the hospital said he could no longer function at all in the outside world and would probably have to remain institutionalized for the rest of his life. That was in our second year.  He never reappeard and I never heard anything more about him. Sad.  

Anyone who's ever tried it will understand how it has the potential to take people to a place that they can never come back from.  It is very different from cannabis.

I spent most of the 1970's in California where acid was common place, students took it at Uni., one friend took it regularly whilst sky diving, another took it on night shift whilst watching the freeway camera's for the police department, people took it in all kinds of scenario's. One or two people I knew had bad trips from time to time but nothing significant, I think the composition and manufacture was different back then but who knows. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Anybody remember microdots ? It was unreal how something so small cloud have such a profound effect

Really easy to lose one though, used to keep them in a piece of sellotape.

12 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

I knew one guy at university who did the same.  He was bright and a nice guy but started taking acid on a regular was for a while wandering around wearing old ladies' outfits that he bought in the Salvation Army shop.  Eventually he was institutionalised and the hospital said he could no longer function at all in the outside world and would probably have to remain institutionalized for the rest of his life. That was in our second year.  He never reappeard and I never heard anything more about him. Sad.  

Anyone who's ever tried it will understand how it has the potential to take people to a place that they can never come back from.  It is very different from cannabis.

Peter Green was another, totally fried his brain with too much acid and ruined his career and his life. But so much seems to depend on the individual. Both Morrison and Hendrix did copious amounts of acid, even performing while on acid, and it worked for them.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/7/2024 at 6:47 AM, JackGats said:

Scare-mongering. Has someone even ever died of LSD? Having a bad trip that lasts for days is not dying.

Way back in 1970, the famed director John Waters captured film of the daughter of Art Linkletter (a well-known and respected TV man)  jumping to her death after consuming the evil acid, I think it was the brown acid that was her trip, man.  And, what a trip it was.  Suggest you all watch this and the other highly regarded documentaries by Mr. Waters.

• Haha 1

On 3/7/2024 at 6:47 PM, Bday Prang said:

Back in the 70's and 80's myself and  everybody I knew was into "Acid"  can;t think of any who suffered any of the alleged  horrific side effects that these people love to tell us are inevitable 

Where are all your "acid" mates from back then now ?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

"Now your patrons have all left you in the red
Your low-rent friends are dead
This life can be very strange
All those Day-Glo freaks who used to paint the face
They've joined the human race
Some things will never change"

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

approaching retirement after successful careers,  why do you ask?

• Haha 1

On 3/7/2024 at 9:51 PM, Bday Prang said:

I forgotten about that rumour.    lol     Anybody remember microdots ? It was unreal how something so small cloud have such a profound effect

yep the little black flint ones , awesome on a Sunday morning then off to the  after party's 😂

• Like 1