Swiss man who allegedly assaulted Thai doctor faces additional charges

snoop1130

1 hour ago, BKKBike09 said:

Gun ownership by foreigners is a grey area: outside Bangkok it's very challenging and even in Bangkok these days it may not be possible.

No, it is not a grey area...foreigners are not permitted to own firearms in Thailand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Yes it says he was "Holding" Carrying them in Public, but When and Where, the women who were assaulted never mentioned He was carrying a gun.

"Women"? (Plural?) This guy assaulted one female doctor, and the firearms charge is not for carrying a gun/guns when he attacked her! 

He probably wasn't carrying a gun when he impeded the ambulance either! 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Why can foreigners in my country rape and plunder and murder without even getting extradited ?

You mean "deported"?   Foreigners can be extradited, any nationality can be extradited if the country from which extradition is being requested country agrees.

• Agree 1

Just now, sambum said:

"Women"? (Plural?) This guy assaulted one female doctor, and the firearms charge is not for carrying a gun/guns when he attacked her! 

He probably wasn't carrying a gun when he impeded the ambulance either! 

David just had a finger gun when he impeded the ambulance.

• Like 2

Ok, so they take away his visa.

Then they arrest him for not having a visa.

Sense?   Sense has nothing to with it, this is law enforcement.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Gandtee said:

Ah. Anutin is on a roll. This one being Swiss. Dirty foreigners.

Sarcasm intended for those bereft of the understanding of it.😉

Edited by Gandtee
added words
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, BenStark said:
7 hours ago, webfact said:

because gun ownership is restricted to Thai citizens, Naewna newspaper said this afternoon (Mar. 8).

Maybe Naewna should learn the law before making false claims, since foreigners are allowed  to own and register guns.

Maybe you should read your own link before posting false information from a 13-year old article.   Foreigners are currently not allowed to own, possess, carry, use, or whatever, firearms.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Ok, so they take away his visa.

Then they arrest him for not having a visa.

Sense?   Sense has nothing to with it, this is law enforcement.

No, that was not the order of events, nor was that reported.   Sense?  Sense has nothing to do with some posters comments.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Foreigners used to be able to obtain gun licences but the regulations were changed to forbid it a few years ago.

Did they revoke the existing permits, or grandfather them in? 

And if they did revoke them, did they visit the holders and inform them that they had to turn in their guns?  Apparently, the Swiss guy visited the target range on occasion, I assume recently?  I can't imagine the local cops didn't know...

My inkling is that the rule change left a lot of unanswered questions, but that's just a guess.  But it's based on a lot of ambiguous Thai rules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ukrules said:

This is one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard of.

He had a permit, was it in his name or his wifes name I wonder? Does it matter?

What if my wife had a gun with a permit - is that mine too?

agree

but maybe his wife/partner has an agenda - she finally got rid of this abusing POS 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From the article: "Swiss national (allegedly??) kicked a Thai doctor as she sat on the staircase of his rented villa in Phuket last week"

Who the heck does he think he is??? He doesn't even own the villa!! If it was such a vioation of his space, which it wasn't as the stairway encroached on public property, he could have moved. From the photo, this nasty piece of work thinks he can do a little show acting along with a fake wai and be granted foregiveness. This guy thinks he's smart and knows the system.  Now caught with  the pocession of 2 firearm (most probably registered in Thai person's name and not his), just shows how much of an arrogrant dumb bully he is. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, zakalwe said:

This story just keeps getting juicer and juicer.

Wait until the next part, where you find out that the 2 pistols are "super squirters" he had for songkran! With a dastardly plan to soak hospital staff! 🤪🤣🤣

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

and carrying firearms in public.

evidence ?

I think this guy is a career criminal from his home country (opinion) but making ## up like this is just a joke

45 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Maybe you should read your own link before posting false information from a 13-year old article.   Foreigners are currently not allowed to own, possess, carry, use, or whatever, firearms.

Were licences previously issued, legitimately, to foreigners, revoked?

I can't be @rsed to find out but I'm confident that you are.

Edited by Enoon
  • Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, Jiggo said:

May be the priority should be to find out who supplied the hand guns and suspend the officer involved 

The priority will be to back-track and cover up anything of that nature.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

Why can foreigners in my country rape and plunder and murder without even getting extradited ?

You would like it in the UK.

If you are a dumb 15 year old teenager, British born, who got sucked into ISIS, they will strip you of your nationality and banish you;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamima_Begum

Have fun with that one guys.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Mr. Dieter is a dirt bag deluxe. And if the authorities need to pile on more charges to justify a case for deportation, sobeit. He may just want to book a one way out of the country before he finds himself behind bars. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Concerning the widespread encroachment on public beaches in Phuket, Anutin said that he will summon a meeting with the governor to discuss the problem, adding that all governors of coastal provinces must investigate whether beaches in their provinces have been illegally occupied by private individuals.

How good is that hey, maybe something good will comes from this Saga.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I won't miss him when he will leave Thailand.

But I wonder how many other people in Thailand every kicked another person and own a gun and ignored an ambulance. Many! And I am sure many well-known people. And nobody cares. 

Not many. How would you react if it was your wife or daughter who  was kicked ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Maybe you should shut up Mr Knowitall.

The youtube from Thaiger is 1 year old, and the president of the THAI firearms traders association, Mr Thititorn, clearly states that foreigners can own and register guns.

So do I believe the president of the THAI firearms traders association, or some foreign know-it-all on AN?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where has that been confirmed?

like i said its circulating  on ...Line   in Thai
not being reported yet