Majority of 12,000 Thais in Dubai are working illegally – Thai consul general

webfact

28 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Then I would suggest Nipa get off his fat arse and do something about it.

As she explains above, the consulate is powerless to do anything without cooperation from the Dubai government & an approach from the Thai individual.

Same applies to all embassies & consulates everywhere in the world: They are there by state-to-state agreement and have NO power to intervene in local matters.

Edited by mfd101
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

What do you expect when Westerners are trying to work illegally in Thailand and many still do. Maybe not in the jobs that Thais do in Dubai, but illegal work is illegal work. I met a guy in Samui who said he would work for free beer in any place that offered him free beer, and he wanted to live in Thailand. I asked him what is so great about Thailand that you wanted to ruin your future working for free beer. He says he likes the relaxed approach to things in Thailand. I told his what you're seeking is illegal work. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Forced into prostitution, may be the case for some but most know exactly what they are going there for.

I've played around a lot in the middle east and they are on the game big time and quite enjoy the money that they rake in, would be paying someone so they can stay there though

• Like 1

They're not 'lured'. They go there willingly and knowing it's illegal because - surprise surprise - they want to earn more money. 

I have no sympathy with them and when Abdul starts treating them bad, it should not be the responsibility of the Thai Embassy and the taxpayer to bring them home. 

26 minutes ago, Hakuna Matata said:

I wonder why Dubai authorities do tolerate this?

As well as America tolerates 20 Million of illegal immigrants from Mexico and Latin America?

A very Big Business, isn't it? Cheap labor for construction work, etc.

When a Big Money is involved, then Double Standards are always applied.

The rotten American Democracy!

Trump's gonna fix it soon.

Sounds like Katie Britt, are you related?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Darksidedude said:

Forced into prostitution, may be the case for some but most know exactly what they are going there for.

I've played around a lot in the middle east and they are on the game big time and quite enjoy the money that they rake in, would be paying someone so they can stay there though

Yep, in Dubai the Astoria Hotel was a fun place to drink, sort of the lower end. The York hotel had the Africans, that was scary. In Bahrain the Chinese ladies were taking over the bars. Tabasco Charlie's used to be filled with Thais.

• Like 2

I know of a group of 12 who got visas via a Thai agent to "Learn massage" in Dubai, one woman/ex bar girl/ married my mate and I knew personally was on the run from the Thai Mafia owing millions of Baht, and would have also owed the 'Agent'. So if she ever was able to return, the Mafia would track her down again. I hope she gets all that's coming to her for destroying my disabled mates life to his dying day.  RIP  Jeff.   Suffer in hell <deleted>.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

What do you expect when Westerners are trying to work illegally in Thailand and many still do. Maybe not in the jobs that Thais do in Dubai, but illegal work is illegal work. I met a guy in Samui who said he would work for free beer in any place that offered him free beer, and he wanted to live in Thailand. I asked him what is so great about Thailand that you wanted to ruin your future working for free beer. He says he likes the relaxed approach to things in Thailand. I told his what you're seeking is illegal work. 

Wow. I bet he learned alot from your lecture in morality. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Thais cry fool if they think that other countries are mistreating them, but look what they do with the foreigners here.....Did Dubai deport them all and put them in jail too??

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

He can try But what he's gonna do, He's got Nothing to say Over there He can make a bit of noise that's All.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:
12 hours ago, webfact said:

Nipa Nirannoot, the Thai consul-general in Dubai, said many Thai women have been lured to work in massage parlours, but end up being forced into prostitution. Others work in online gambling or scam networks, lured with the promise of work in oil fields and abandoned once they arrive there, she said.

She's a woman and would probably suggest that you take note of what she actually said...

"Nipa Nirannoot ... admitted, however, that the Thai embassy or consular office cannot directly help the Thai victims, unless they have sought help from the local police first.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Not only Dubai, many other places in the middle east, 

Yes, lots of Thai pussy being sold in the UAE, Baharain & Oman. I'm sure other Arab countries too.

Is he mad, if the woman goes to the local police, she will be in serious trouble, May even be arrested and charged, plus get locked up? He should be offering a direct Thai helpline. and should arrange help by having them come directly to the Thai embassy and they will be safe, and he can then have the police come to take details. It is not Thailand and it is a dangerous place to report crimes and tell the police you are in debt and engaged in illegal activities.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Yes, lots of Thai pussy being sold in the UAE, Baharain & Oman. I'm sure other Arab countries too.

Plus many other nationalities, I used to know a Ukrainian girl that was on the game she got caught and thrown in jail for a week then they shaved her head and deported her. 

• Like 1