Breakfast Sausage. TGM, JPM or Bucher?

rexpotter

5 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:
11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The OP was asking about sausage.

Right...and I offered up a compassionate alternative to shredded/minced swine flesh & innards, without any of the unnecessary suffering. Should give it a go.👍

Why should he give a go to something that isn't a sausage when he was specifically asking about sausages, not "compassionate alternatives"? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 3/15/2024 at 3:37 PM, rexpotter said:

Thanks too expensive for my budget

These guys are in Chiang Mai near me and I started buying them. It's around 250-300 for 5 good sized sausages so 50 baht/piece. Not really that bad if you ask me. The breakfast sausage patty is easy to make yourself so if you're on a budget I'd make those yourself but the other ones are way beyond my skill and easily worth the 50 baht.

On 3/15/2024 at 4:11 PM, KhunLA said:

I don't bother with sausage casings, just make patties.   Casings is way too much hassle, buying, cleaning, before & then after using.  Too much clean up for me.

Me too- I’m a fan of a double egg and sausage McMuffin - but I’m too lazy and don’t have the time to drive into town, so I just use a copycat recipe - sage and black pepper, some onion powder. 

I like Prime sausages from

Pattaya, they have an authentic supermarket processed creamy texture.

Edited by recom273
  • Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why should he give a go to something that isn't a sausage when he was specifically asking about sausages, not "compassionate alternatives"? 

Exactly Lou !

Only you would know when a sausage isn't a sausage darl 

I love the ol German sausage myself , kransky, luv sucking on a German sausage 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 2baht said:

Breakfast Sausage.TGM, JPM or Bucher?

At first I thought this OP was referencing ladyboys!

2baht, ya we all screwed up once,, its those who go back for seconds to be concerned about.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rexpotter said:

2baht, ya we all screwed up once,, its those who go back for seconds to be concerned about.

Did you go TGM, JPM or Bucher? 🤣

21 hours ago, n00dle said:

It would seem you are not a cook at all.

Well, here's the thing, I don't want to spend money on a bunch of expensive spices that i will use once and never again. I am single and actually I am a pretty dam good cook. You should see the cheese and crackers I can assemble. And When I was married back in my old life I once made Lebanese Kibbe. It took a long time to mix all of it by hand because I had itchy balls.  And all of my dinner guests liked it, but not the joke (especiallyy wife) or they said they did anyways.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, rexpotter said:

I am single and actually I am a pretty dam good cook. You should see the cheese and crackers I can assemble.

Yeah, takes a real talent to put some cheese and crackers on a plate !

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, rexpotter said:

Well, here's the thing, I don't want to spend money on a bunch of expensive spices that i will use once and never again. I am single and actually I am a pretty dam good cook. You should see the cheese and crackers I can assemble. And When I was married back in my old life I once made Lebanese Kibbe. It took a long time to mix all of it by hand because I had itchy balls.  And all of my dinner guests liked it, but not the joke (especiallyy wife) or they said they did anyways.

i reckon ill ignoreeverything but the first sentence,

dried parsley
sage
black pepper
thyme
pepper flakes
coriander
Oregano

expensive spices?  i don't see how spices could get much more basic than this

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Tested out new ARO offering @ Makro, and won't be buying again ... nuff said

480g @ ฿199, I'll stick with homemade or TGM 'Spicy' when feeling lazy.

image.png.b50943584daf897d67c1a3cc08ebedb3.png

• 2 months later...

The best English breakfast sausages I've found in Thailand are Prime Breakfast Thin.

169bht for 500gm (12 sausages).

I'm buying them from Green's in Chiang Mai (free delivery to CM on 1,000bht order).

If you want large sausages, the Prime Olde English sausages 169bht for 500gm (5 sausages) are just as good.

1723102000873.jpg