ISIS claims responsibility for attack in Moscow concert venue that left at least 40 dead

Social Media

Russian media reports the alleged suspects are Tajikistan nationals.

1. Faizov Rivozhidin Zokirdzhonovich (20.05.2004).

2. Ismoilov Rivozhidin Islomovich (25.09.1972).

3. Faizov Muhammad-Sobir Zokirdzhonovich (20.05.2004).

4. Nasramailov Makhamadrasul Zarabidinovich Nasramailov (21.07.1986).

5. Safolzoda Shohinjon Abdugaforovich (28.07.2002).

6. Nazarov Rustam Isroilovich (02.01.1995).

IMG_2324.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Social Media said:

At least 40 people have lost their lives, and over 100 others have been injured in what appears to be a meticulously planned and executed attack.

3 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

I'm kind of surprised he didn't get 108% of the vote in the recent election.

He learned the lesson from Lukashenko .

20 minutes ago, impulse said:

Sure wouldn't want to be one of these 11 guys right now:

FSB reports 11 suspects detained over terrorist attack

https://www.rt.com/russia/594770-alleged-crocus-terrorists-detained/

And the Russian propaganda is already paving the way to put the blame on Ukraine!

From the link:

"the perpetrators tried to escape by car, fleeing towards the Russian-Ukrainian border,” 

Edited by candide
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No that's not you being a cynic, its you spreading conspiracy nonsense a bit like Alex Jones who is  claiming it was the CIA

I have a nuanced commentary based on initial first stabs at the truth and a healthy dose of scepticism as to what is being told to me. As Jeremy Paxman once said "Why is this lying b@stard lying to me?" If you are reading Alex Jones for whatever reasons I suggest you don't.

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

who stands to gain from such an attack - Occam's razor says US/Ukraine.

Only if you are viewing everything thru a USA-centric lens. If you have a modicum of global geopolitical knowledge, Occam's razor says ISIS.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No its you spreading conspiracy nonsense like I said. It will be the Jews did it next

You do amuse me, but I avoid trolling - it's disruptive for healthy debate and makes for tedious work for mods to clean up.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, mikebike said:

Only if you are viewing everything thru a USA-centric lens. If you have a modicum of global geopolitical knowledge, Occam's razor says ISIS.

Your right, it was an idle musing. The Reddits are full of telegram posts of the terrorists being arrested and subjected to a healthy dose of Russian rough justice. The speed at which they got them and the wealth of CCTV that is being shared suggests they got the right guys.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, candide said:

And the Russian propaganda is already paving the way to put the blame on Ukraine!

From the link:

"the perpetrators tried to escape by car, fleeing towards the Russian-Ukrainian border,” 

Unless you know for a fact that it's not true, why "russian propaganda"? btw, it's not that western and ukrainian propaganda play fair. But let's leave this kind of bickering for later, right now my heart goes out to the families of 143 innocent people who just wanted to see a concert.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cory1848 said:

Well, for one thing, while Russia and Iran are to some extent in alliance as you say, “Islamic Iran” is a Shi’a state and ISIS is Sunni, and these two branches of Islam have been in theological and often military conflict for 1,500 years. (Although it can get murky depending on a perceived third-party enemy: Iran supports Hamas, for instance, which is largely a Sunni entity.) As for your further speculation, while the US government has indeed engaged in “murky alliances of convenience” in the past and shown little regard for collateral damage, that makes no sense in this case, and as stated elsewhere US intelligence through some back channel did warn the Russians about chatter they’d tapped into leading up to this horrific attack.

I concede that point it was idle musing of work in progress, and your points are correct and well-made. If we wanted to make a chain of connection, the CIA funded and supported the Mujahedin and Bin Laden in the war against the Russians in Afghanistan and ISIS was born in the chaos of the US war in Iraq -second iteration. The blowback from that mistake continues to this day.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

The Ukrainians are trolling saying that Putin was behind the attack.

There were some knee-jerk responses from Moscow suggesting a Ukrainian connection. Dmitry Medvedev, the former president and now one of the most toxic and outspoken of Russian commentators, warned that “if it is established that these are terrorists affiliated with the Kyiv regime” then they must be “ruthlessly exterminated”. Likewise, a spokesman for Ukrainian military intelligence called the attack a “deliberate provocation by Putin’s special services”.

https://archive.is/gcZ6t

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Sadly it’s up to 133 dead and over 100 injured msm didn’t specify how they died,bullets or fire it sucks dead is dead seems Putin is pushing a Ukrainian angle most likely trying to drum up support for his war crime in Ukraine.my anger sorrow and revulsion for this crime perpetrated on the Russian people da** cowards! 

18 minutes ago, Tug said:

Sadly it’s up to 133 dead and over 100 injured msm didn’t specify how they died,bullets or fire it sucks dead is dead seems Putin is pushing a Ukrainian angle most likely trying to drum up support for his war crime in Ukraine.my anger sorrow and revulsion for this crime perpetrated on the Russian people da** cowards! 

The video I quoted above claims that the perps were Taliban ISIS who have hated Russia since their invasion in the 80's.

• Agree 1